Jump to content

Auburn 'in conversations' with more QBs on transfer board


aubiefifty
 Share

Recommended Posts





1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It was " confirmed," last nite that Danny Hugh does indeed have an ace up his sleeve come the May portal season 

How’s that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

From Ole JLee

Not sure if you noticed during the coaching search, and AD search, and coaching firing, and AD firing, but these “insiders” don’t know anything. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

From Ole JLee

That wasn't a confirmation. That was JLee thinking Hugh has a plan in place for a transfer QB.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

That wasn't a confirmation. That was JLee thinking Hugh has a plan in place for a transfer QB.

That's why I put confirmation in quotes. I realize no one knows anything.  It was my attempt at sarcasm and I see it failed. I do believe it's true however

Edited by NWALA Tiger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

Not sure if you noticed during the coaching search, and AD search, and coaching firing, and AD firing, but these “insiders” don’t know anything. 

@zeroforwinger Not always but most of the time real insider thoughts on recruiting tends to be a lot more reliable overall than in coaching and admin searches & firings.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

If all of the reporters were right, we would have signed 16 quarterbacks by now.

@Tiger Refuge What reporters is that? Keith & JLee never made such predictions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

If all of the reporters were right, we would have signed 16 quarterbacks by now.

You have to understand these cats and their double talk. They say just enuf to take credit if it happens but not so much if it doesn't come true.

  • Like 9
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You have to understand these cats and their double talk. They say just enuf to take credit if it happens but not so much if it doesn't come true.

Oh no, I totally understand. And it was a really weak attempt at “humor” on my part. It just seemed like there was a point in all this portal news that all kinds of qb names were being thrown around. For a guy like me who can’t remember what he ate for lunch yesterday, it gets a bit confusing is all. Mix all that in with “insider” sausage making stuff and I’m 100% more loster that I usually am. And that’s saying something.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Oh no, I totally understand. And it was a really weak attempt at “humor” on my part. It just seemed like there was a point in all this portal news that all kinds of qb names were being thrown around. For a guy like me who can’t remember what he ate for lunch yesterday, it gets a bit confusing is all. 

No problem bro. Least we have positive recruiting stuff to  discuss

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2023 at 6:59 PM, ellitor said:

@zeroforwinger Not always but most of the time real insider thoughts on recruiting tends to be a lot more reliable overall than in coaching and admin searches & firings.

As you know, coaching and admin searches are a lot more fluid and have many more moving parts.  What's relevant and reported on Tuesday can have completely changed by Friday.  With recruiting there are so many involved, from HS to coaches to families and friends there is always a "source" willing to talk and give a sense of what direction a prospect is leaning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

As far as a May surprise, well just have to wait and see. 😁

Putting in my prediction for Bo Nix before anyone else.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

As you know, coaching and admin searches are a lot more fluid and have many more moving parts.  What's relevant and reported on Tuesday can have completely changed by Friday.  With recruiting there are so many involved, from HS to coaches to families and friends there is always a "source" willing to talk and give a sense of what direction a prospect is leaning.

This.  I never got why people couldn't understand this concept.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This.  I never got why people couldn't understand this concept.

People do understand this. The issue I see is people talking like they completely know what’s going on then when it doesn’t happen have the bird box face going on. The fact is it is very fluid and individuals need not to act like they are ESPN insiders. I think singular individuals want to jump out the window and get the news out first. Moreover, if you question this intel (since it is indeed fluid), you are considered the black sheep of the board. This is not only siloed to coaching searches or recruits but also coaching dynamics and staff structure. Most people would probably be less aggravated if singular people were not held to some pedestal. However , I digress.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...