Auburn 'in conversations' with more QBs on transfer board

aubiefifty

On 1/26/2023 at 9:36 AM, DAG said:

People do understand this. The issue I see is people talking like they completely know what’s going on then when it doesn’t happen have the bird box face going on. The fact is it is very fluid and individuals need not to act like they are ESPN insiders. I think singular individuals want to jump out the window and get the news out first. Moreover, if you question this intel (since it is indeed fluid), you are considered the black sheep of the board. This is not only siloed to coaching searches or recruits but also coaching dynamics and staff structure. Most people would probably be less aggravated if singular people were not held to some pedestal. However , I digress.

You are preaching here. I still chuckle when I get the do you realize you are disagreeing with such and such?  

No I didn't know they said it but ok. I agree with them a bunch too it'll be alright 😂 it's a message board, it's not war. I didn't choose to live a life of crime and evil. I just like talking about sports 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

You are preaching here. I still chuckle when I get the do you realize you are disagreeing with such and such?  

No I didn't know they said it but ok. I agree with them a bunch too it'll be alright 😂 it's a message board, it's not war. I didn't choose to live a life of crime and evil. I just like talking about sports 😂

I know what you mean. Over the years I have agreed with you way more then disagreed but when I disagreed I gave my reasons and you and I replied back and forth a few times then we dropped it.  Another example is years ago Mikey really pushed that we needed more LB's and I was one of his bigger backers then later he got into an argument with Bird and others on O-line recruiting and in the case of Oiline recuiting I sided against Mikey.

It should never be personal just a difference of opiniom.  I think Mikey was right about LB's and sadly I think we are close to same position with LB's again and I think he was wrong about O-Line.  To paraphrase Mikey from years ago concerning LB's it is not just numbers but the quality of the numbers. I think has been the same issue with O-Line. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

To paraphrase Mikey from years ago concerning LB's it is not just numbers but the quality of the numbers. I think that is the same issue with O-Line.

Oh man…hide this from Bird.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I know what you mean. Over the years I have agreed with you way more then disagreed but when I disagreed I gave my reasons and you and I replied back and forth a few times then we dropped it.  Another example is years ago Mikey really pushed that we needed more LB's and I was one of his bigger backers then later he got into an argument with Bird and others on O-line recruiting and in the case of Oiline recuiting I sided against Mikey.

It should never be personal just a difference of opiniom.  I think Mikey was right about LB's and sadly I think we are close to same position with LB's again and I think he was wrong about O-Line.  To paraphrase Mikey from years ago concerning LB's it is not just numbers but the quality of the numbers. I think has been the same issue with O-Line. 

Funny thing about this message board…………..

Many years ago, someone on side A (and I’ll leave all names out cause everybody knows who the guilty parties are) made the claim that we needed to sign more linebackers. The other side, B, pointed out that we only played 2 linebackers so signing 1 or 2 was plenty. Side A countered that quality matters and 50% of all linebackers never contributed. Side B countered with nu-uh, you’re a doody head, trust the coaches (paraphrasing). Both sides dug in and several years of trench warfare ensued.

Fast forward a few years. The battle still rages and side B launches a new offensive with the observation that “hey, our OL recruiting sucks. We have no serviceable OL on our roster.” Side A counters with nu-uh, your a doody head, we got X number, trust the coaches (paraphrasing again).
At this point, something unprecedented in the history of trench warfare occurs. Armies A and B promptly leave their trenches, march rank and file across the battlefield, salute each other in passing and heartily dig in to their opponents’ abandoned trenches. And the war still rages to this day. 
This place is crazy but intoxicatingly addictive. That’s why I seldom post but can never leave. And now I shall quickly blow out this match and duck, lest I catch a proverbial bullet.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, PotPot said:

Funny thing about this message board…………..

Many years ago, someone on side A (and I’ll leave all names out cause everybody knows who the guilty parties are) made the claim that we needed to sign more linebackers. The other side, B, pointed out that we only played 2 linebackers so signing 1 or 2 was plenty. Side A countered that quality matters and 50% of all linebackers never contributed. Side B countered with nu-uh, you’re a doody head, trust the coaches (paraphrasing). Both sides dug in and several years of trench warfare ensued.

Fast forward a few years. The battle still rages and side B launches a new offensive with the observation that “hey, our OL recruiting sucks. We have no serviceable OL on our roster.” Side A counters with nu-uh, your a doody head, we got X number, trust the coaches (paraphrasing again).
At this point, something unprecedented in the history of trench warfare occurs. Armies A and B promptly leave their trenches, march rank and file across the battlefield, salute each other in passing and heartily dig in to their opponents’ abandoned trenches. And the war still rages to this day. 
This place is crazy but intoxicatingly addictive. That’s why I seldom post but can never leave. And now I shall quickly blow out this match and duck, lest I catch a proverbial bullet.

Just tell side A and B to get a room :)  I feel you though. I've read for years, but only recently joined late last year. I'm hoping Auburn football can be more fun going forward than the past 10 years, so we can spend more time celebrating while winning trophies and titles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Just tell side A and B to get a room :)  I feel you though. I've read for years, but only recently joined late last year. I'm hoping Auburn football can be more fun going forward than the past 10 years, so we can spend more time celebrating while winning trophies and titles.

2010 was such good times. Auburn fans united! All In and everything. AUQBdad letting that dog off the chain. Wish I could remember that dog’s name 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PotPot said:

2010 was such good times. Auburn fans united! All In and everything. AUQBdad letting that dog off the chain. Wish I could remember that dog’s name 

Simpler times...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PotPot said:

We must of had plenty of LBs and OL in 2010 if everyone was united!!!lol

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

We must of had plenty of LBs and OL in 2010 if everyone was united!!!lol

We had Cam Newton and Nick Fairley, the two-man wrecking crew

• Like 1

2010 we actually had a severe shortage of linebackers....But we had Josh Bynes. An absolute beast at linebacker. Hardly ever came off the field.

Overall on defense we could stop the run with 4 d linemen. Hardly anybody could run on us. And eventually we would get to the qb. Sooner or later on that 3rd and long we were going to get you. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

2010 we actually had a severe shortage of linebackers....But we had Josh Bynes. An absolute beast at linebacker. Hardly ever came off the field.

Overall on defense we could stop the run with 4 d linemen. Hardly anybody could run on us. And eventually we would get to the qb. Sooner or later on that 3rd and long we were going to get you. 

And on that 3rd and long, they brought pain. Good times.