Auburn 'in conversations' with more QBs on transfer board

aubiefifty

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

RA is statistically the worst QB in the sec. Do you really want to depend on a guy that is last in the SEC and has never been accurate in HS or college ? Here: 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr/_/group/8

He was also hurt as well with multiple injuries Which is the same argument some are using for Sanders regression. How can it be used for one person and not the other. We also know the situation with the coaching and oline. I am not saying Robby is Tom Brady but at least acknowledge he played the majority of the season hurt. That has to affect him.

Can he not improve with a better situation. Also we don’t know what Holden may do.. I am all for competition but for me Sanders is a marginal upgrade. Dude threw 4 Int’s in one game. Like I said earlier it’s just my opinion but that’s why CHF makes the big bucks. Whatever he decides I am rolling with it.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

Can he not improve with a better situation.

Well there is nowhere to go but up. A 49 QBR? 

Here is the big 12 for reference if you want to compare sanders 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr/_/group/4

I like RA. Having watched him at Hoover and followed him at Oregon, the guy has heart and athletic ability but he has never ever been accurate. He would be unreal in a wing t or triple option. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Well there is nowhere to go but up. A 49 QBR? 

Here is the big 12 for reference if you want to compare sanders 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr/_/group/4

I like RA. Having watched him at Hoover and followed him at Oregon, the guy has heart and athletic ability but he has never ever been accurate. He would be unreal in a wing t or triple option. 

Like I said it’s convenient to argue Sanders 17td 9 int and 57% completion to say it was his injury. It has been confirmed that Robby was injured since the Missouri game and finished the year playing through multiple injuries but it doesn’t matter because he wasn’t accurate in the past. Robby is raw but there is no way Sanders played under the same conditions at OSU. His high turnover rate tells me his decision making is bad and with Auburn schedule that’s the last thing u need.

8 hours ago, e808 said:

He was also hurt as well with multiple injuries Which is the same argument some are using for Sanders regression. How can it be used for one person and not the other. We also know the situation with the coaching and oline. I am not saying Robby is Tom Brady but at least acknowledge he played the majority of the season hurt. That has to affect him.

Can he not improve with a better situation. Also we don’t know what Holden may do.. I am all for competition but for me Sanders is a marginal upgrade. Dude threw 4 Int’s in one game. Like I said earlier it’s just my opinion but that’s why CHF makes the big bucks. Whatever he decides I am rolling with it.

Because one person has as a baseline and history of being an average passer.  RA has been wildly inaccurate going back to HS.

He can improve, but expecting a jump from league worse 49% to 65% is probably not realistic.  Being low 50% vs low 60% is not "marginal upgrade" 

• Like 1

Sorry to interrupt, but I was checking in to see if AU has had any contact with or has targeted any QBs in the portal. Any info out there on these things or rumors of other QBs entering the portal?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

Sorry to interrupt, but I was checking in to see if AU has had any contact with or has targeted any QBs in the portal. Any info out there on these things or rumors of other QBs entering the portal?

Honestly, nobody knows anything. Rivals, on3 and 247 do not have anything new about QBs today. We just need to see if anyone visits this weekend or next weekend. That is the deadline to enrolling at Auburn.

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Honestly, nobody knows anything. Rivals, on3 and 247 do not have anything new about QBs today. We just need to see if anyone visits this weekend or next weekend. That is the deadline to enrolling at Auburn.

Thanks! 

On 1/4/2023 at 8:59 AM, gr82b4au said:

Sanders visiting tells me Pratt is staying

20 hours ago, au701948 said:

Just glad Sanders is visiting. Hoping he and AU find a common connection.

I’m hearing Sanders is committing to Auburn, but haven’t seen anything official yet.

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I’m hearing Sanders is committing to Auburn, but haven’t seen anything official yet.

it was a rumor from a fake twitter account.  Even Sanders responded 'Whoa.  Slow down." ish.   someone thought it was real and tried to be first to post it to reddit.  It spread from there.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

it was a rumor from a fake twitter account.  Even Sanders responded 'Whoa.  Slow down." ish.   someone thought it was real and tried to be first to post it to reddit.  It spread from there.

It wasn't a fake twitter account, account just jumped the gun

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

So the speculation of Sanders possibly leaning to Ole Miss …how does that make sense for Sanders?

Wouldnt it be a high probability that Jaxson Dart is going to be tough to unseat as the starting quarterback?

Assuming we are pushing to get him doesn’t the path to playing time seem much easier at Auburn.?

Im sure I am missing something, just a late night thought. 

Edited by aujohnson
Typo

Things may be shifting. Just like the AD and HC, new people come into focus or reach out that change things.  JFYI

7 hours ago, aujohnson said:

So the speculation of Sanders possibly leaning to Ole Miss …how does that make sense for Sanders?

Wouldnt it be a high probability that Jaxson Dart is going to be tough to unseat as the starting quarterback?

Assuming we are pushing to get him doesn’t the path to playing time seem much easier at Auburn.?

Im sure I am missing something, just a late night thought. 

That's what I'm thinking too

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Things may be shifting. Just like the AD and HC, new people come into focus or reach out that change things.  JFYI

We're running out of time a bit. Be interested to see how it plays our, but right now there wouldn't be a weekend for them to visit, unless they get here today.

I'd imagine the staff wants a QB before spring 

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We're running out of time a bit. Be interested to see how it plays our, but right now there wouldn't be a weekend for them to visit, unless they get here today.

I'd imagine the staff wants a QB before spring 

Like I said...thing just got interesting.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Like WED said, that account isn’t fake, just some bad info and/or jumped the gun somewhat. 

That account has been reporting pretty accurately portal transfers for months. 

44 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Like WED said, that account isn’t fake, just some bad info and/or jumped the gun somewhat. 

Right, the info wasn't right but the account wasn't fake

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@aujohnson @NWALA Tiger We aren't & haven't been pushing as evidence by him not visiting. We have kept him luke warm.

This is where I am working on 'radical acceptance" & "sitting with it." The last two staffs have burnt me with this type, but I am cautiously optimistic we are working on a NIL deal to get someone we desire more. The unfortunate fact is we have not had the ability to get WRs either without a QB here. It is definitely a push and pull.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Per other AU posters elsewhere it's a wannabe account that rarely has its own info and mainly piggy backs of real reports. I have no clue. I just saw 1 guy get lambasted for posting that tweet by a number of people and that was the reason for lambasting him.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

The unfortunate fact is we have not had the ability to get WRs either without a QB here. It is definitely a push and pull.

Need to get a QB on board to let a few other Offensive pieced to fall in place 

• Like 2