Marcus Davis Wide Receiver Coach

AuburnWarVet

Sigh. I get that recruiting has improved but we needed at least one ACE on our assistant staff. Did we get turned down by a lot of people because of Freeze’s past?

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 6
  • Dislike 7

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

How do you know Davis isn't an ace? He's got the Auburn background and is from South Florida, an area that is loaded with talent. I would say that Etherage, Caddy and Trovon Reed are ace recruiters as well. This staff isn't hurting for recruiters. Also, assistant coaches must be multi-talented. It doesn't stop with recruiting. If you want AU to win games the guys also have to be able to coach their players. I believe this is a great hire.

Exactly! I like the hire. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You don’t think we have ace recruiters on our staff? Lol. I see you still have learned nothing. You don’t go from 60 to 16 in the recruiting rankings in 3 weeks flipping guys from major programs without ace recruiters on staff… smh.

Yep, Zac Ethridge checks is at #21 in 247 rankings. That's pretty stout and Hugh gave him huge props. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I like the hire. Marcus is hungry for success. He will show it on the trail and on the field 

Agree. And his connections in South Florida are invaluable for recruiting. 

• Like 3

WRs he coached had dramatic jumps in productivity in one year.  However, each year he coach at a new school with a new offensive coordinator.  Much of this jump could be attributed to a change in the offensive system.  I choose to give him a good amount of the credit. Great hire of an up and coming Auburn coach and alum.

Edited by WarEagle231

War Eagle Marcus Davis let’s go team. Head scratcher to let Ike Hilliard go to make this hire. 100% behind Freeze and staff. Just seems like an underwhelming collective staff, however Let Go boyz Warrrrrrrr Eagle hey

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some of you guys are clueless. Read up on Marcus Davis before you start giving uneducated opinions.

I for one think he’s an up and comer WR coach and I love overachiever player turned coach but for me as an Auburn super fan this is a head scratching hire. Not saying good or bad just where did this even come from 

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Sigh. I get that recruiting has improved but we needed at least one ACE on our assistant staff. Did we get turned down by a lot of people because of Freeze’s past?

You do realize he is rated as a 5* coach according to on3’s analytics right?  As someone who is obsessed with numbers you should have done your research first.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It still blows my mind that folks would get so wound up in assistant coach hires. To me, it's just this simple.

1)The HC will get fired if he loses. 2)The HC knows this and would not hire a coach that he feels can't help him win. 3) If the HC is wrong, reread number 1.

I don't sweat assistant coach hires, and never will unless something changes. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some of you guys are clueless. Read up on Marcus Davis before you start giving uneducated opinions.

"But but but he only been a coach at 2 stops....but but but....we just hired him because Muh Auburn......"

Hugh is known for bringing studs up out of the woodwork. M.D. Will be a stud. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NES said:

I for one think he’s an up and comer WR coach and I love overachiever player turned coach but for me as an Auburn super fan this is a head scratching hire. Not saying good or bad just where did this even come from 

Why is this a head scratcher? It’s only a head scratcher because people ran with earlier reports of “known” names..every metric has show this guys ability to coach at not peculiar know institutes. With his knowledge of south Florida and his ability to coach, Auburn is a good spot for him. He just needed a chance. Glad we are jumping on him besides someone else.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

It still blows my mind that folks would get so wound up in assistant coach hires. To me, it's just this simple.

1)The HC will get fired if he loses. 2)The HC knows this and would not hire a coach that he feels can't help him win. 3) If the HC is wrong, reread number 1.

I don't sweat assistant coach hires, and never will unless something changes. 

Repost this about 100x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1