Jump to content

Republican Representative-Elect George Santos Admits To Fabricating His Work, Education, and Family Background History During election. Says He's "Not a Criminal" and Intends to Fully Serve Term.


CoffeeTiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/26/politics/george-santos-admits-embellishing-resume/index.html

https://nypost.com/2022/12/26/rep-elect-george-santos-admits-fabricating-key-details-of-his-bio/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

Couldn't make this story up if you tried. 

A Republican, Hispanic, openly gay man wins the Congressional election in a long island New York district,  Flipping a house seat from the Democrats. It's now coming out that he lied or exaggerated almost every part of his work and education history and even about his family heritage. He recently gave interviews admitting to it and came up with some hilarious excuses for his lies. 

 

He had said he's worked  for Goldman Sacs and CitiGroup , but now admits he only 'did work for' them contractually while he was working for a company he was actually employed by, and that he never was employed by either firm like he had earlier claimed saying:" 

“I’m not going to make excuses for this, but a lot of people overstate in their resumes, or twist a little bit. … I’m not saying I’m not guilty of that,” he said. Santos said in the radio interview Monday that the language in his résumé stated he had “worked ‘for,’ not ‘on’ or ‘at’ or ‘in.’

 

He claimed to have earned degrees from 2 different New York Colleges, but now admits that he's never graduated from a college and that a High School diploma is the highest educational achievement he has. He says he apologizes and that "everyone does stupid things in life"

He claimed to be Jewish and have Jewish heritage. He Now says: 

“I never claimed to be Jewish,” Santos told the Post. “I am Catholic. Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was ‘Jew-ish.’”

 

He claimed to own 13 properties around the world.  He now admits he owns no properties and lives with his sister at her place. 

 

He listed $11 million in assets on his campaign disclosure forms and he says all his assets are from the value of contracts that a company he owns has.

 

Santos says he doesn't intend to resign and will serve out his congressional term. No comments from National GOP leadership, although the GOP seems to have been aware of Santos's lying for a long time now and didn't take any actions against him: 

Senior House Republicans were apparently aware of the inaccuracies and embellishments in the member-elect’s resume, and the topic became a “running joke,” multiple insiders close to House GOP leadership told The Post over the weekend.

“As far as questions about George in general, that was always something that was brought up whenever we talked about this race,” said one senior GOP leadership aide. “It was a running joke at a certain point. This is the second time he’s run and these issues we assumed would be worked out by the voters.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What confuses me is WHY this guy lied about everything. Unless hes still lying about things he's a semi-successful business owner and did spend a lot of real money on his election campaign...he's a real life American success story, and yet instead of playing up the reality he just flat out made up a completly fake version of himself to display to voters. 

 

If the guy will lie so blatantly about things that he doesn't 'have' to lie about...just think about all the important things he'll lie about or coverup in Washington DC. 

 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





A lying politician is nothing one for sure. Joe Biden has been lying his whole career. Just Google it. Then there is Sen. Booker and it doesn't stop there by any means.

FACT CHECK: Cory Booker Is Neither a ‘Truth-Teller’ Nor a ‘Determined Purveyor of The Truth’ (freebeacon.com)

Actually it might be harder to find one who hasn't lied. At least Santos admitted it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/26/politics/george-santos-admits-embellishing-resume/index.html

https://nypost.com/2022/12/26/rep-elect-george-santos-admits-fabricating-key-details-of-his-bio/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

Couldn't make this story up if you tried. 

A Republican, Hispanic, openly gay man wins the Congressional election in a long island New York district,  Flipping a house seat from the Democrats. It's now coming out that he lied or exaggerated almost every part of his work and education history and even about his family heritage. He recently gave interviews admitting to it and came up with some hilarious excuses for his lies. 

 

He had said he's worked  for Goldman Sacs and CitiGroup , but now admits he only 'did work for' them contractually while he was working for a company he was actually employed by, and that he never was employed by either firm like he had earlier claimed saying:" 

“I’m not going to make excuses for this, but a lot of people overstate in their resumes, or twist a little bit. … I’m not saying I’m not guilty of that,” he said. Santos said in the radio interview Monday that the language in his résumé stated he had “worked ‘for,’ not ‘on’ or ‘at’ or ‘in.’

 

He claimed to have earned degrees from 2 different New York Colleges, but now admits that he's never graduated from a college and that a High School diploma is the highest educational achievement he has. He says he apologizes and that "everyone does stupid things in life"

He claimed to be Jewish and have Jewish heritage. He Now says: 

“I never claimed to be Jewish,” Santos told the Post. “I am Catholic. Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was ‘Jew-ish.’”

 

He claimed to own 13 properties around the world.  He now admits he owns no properties and lives with his sister at her place. 

 

He listed $11 million in assets on his campaign disclosure forms and he says all his assets are from the value of contracts that a company he owns has.

 

Santos says he doesn't intend to resign and will serve out his congressional term. No comments from National GOP leadership, although the GOP seems to have been aware of Santos's lying for a long time now and didn't take any actions against him: 

Senior House Republicans were apparently aware of the inaccuracies and embellishments in the member-elect’s resume, and the topic became a “running joke,” multiple insiders close to House GOP leadership told The Post over the weekend.

“As far as questions about George in general, that was always something that was brought up whenever we talked about this race,” said one senior GOP leadership aide. “It was a running joke at a certain point. This is the second time he’s run and these issues we assumed would be worked out by the voters.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What confuses me is WHY this guy lied about everything. Unless hes still lying about things he's a semi-successful business owner and did spend a lot of real money on his election campaign...he's a real life American success story, and yet instead of playing up the reality he just flat out made up a completly fake version of himself to display to voters. 

 

If the guy will lie so blatantly about things that he doesn't 'have' to lie about...just think about all the important things he'll lie about or coverup in Washington DC. 

 

Seems he is Presidential material!!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

 

Actually it might be harder to find one who hasn't lied. At least Santos admitted it.

Lol Santos ‘admitted’ it only after he got caught red handed in the lies and had no choice. 

 
 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Lol Santos ‘admitted’ it only after he got caught red handed in the lies and had no choice. 

 
 

 

So how is that different from Biden, Kamala, Booker, Menendez, Obama, Trump etc.? Can you name me one politician who has never lied?

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Santos ‘admitted’ it only after he got caught red handed in the lies and had no choice. 

So what should be done about this situation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tigermike said:

So what should be done about this situation?

If you or I got caught lying on our resume, wouldn't we be fired as soon as they found out? Why wouldn't this be the same outcome?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tigermike said:

So what should be done about this situation?

Obvious answer would be for congress to remove him From office…unless they want to show that making up a resume for yourself and presenting a fake candidate to voters is a valid and acceptable way to be elected to congress. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So how is that different from Biden, Kamala, Booker, Menendez, Obama, Trump etc.? Can you name me one politician who has never lied?

I can’t name you one person period who has never lied in their life. 
 

so, which one of those politicians you listed completely made up their past life and lied about everything? 
 

he didn’t just ‘make up’ a story from his past that he tells at parties. He didn’t just embellish a few real parts of his resume. He completely made up an entirely different life and reality for himself and used it to get elected.

If this guy told a few white lies like other politicians or even just lied about one part of his history then we wouldn’t be having this discussion….he didn’t…he made everything up…

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I can’t name you one person period who has never lied in their life. 
 

so, which one of those politicians you listed completely made up their past life and lied about everything? 
 

he didn’t just ‘make up’ a story from his past that he tells at parties. He didn’t just embellish a few real parts of his resume. He completely made up an entirely different life and reality for himself and used it to get elected.

If this guy told a few white lies like other politicians or even just lied about one part of his history then we wouldn’t be having this discussion….he didn’t…he made everything up…

 

 

Joe did a little more than tell a few white lies. And still does.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Obvious answer would be for congress to remove him From office…unless they want to show that making up a resume for yourself and presenting a fake candidate to voters is a valid and acceptable way to be elected to congress. 

 

House Democrats call for George Santos to resign over ‘whopping lies’ 

Great idea, but let's make it retroactive and require all politicians who have been caught lying to be removed from office.  Start with Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris and Adam Shiff and Richard Blumenthal and Raphael Warnock and ......

Those are just 1st thought,  I'm sure there are plenty of others. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not really my business since he doesn't represent me, but he tricked and manipulated his constituents and I hope they petition for a new election based on his admission of being dishonest. There is no place for an admitted liar in our government.

Edited by creed
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not his fault at all.  Why no one bothered to vet his resume prior to the election is a better question.

Lying is good.  Being a fraud is good.  Odds are,,, you'll get away with it. 

Please, teach your children to lie, cheat, steal.  That is how you "get ahead".  Integrity is just an excuse for the losers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Not his fault at all.  Why no one bothered to vet his resume prior to the election is a better question.

Lying is good.  Being a fraud is good.  Odds are,,, you'll get away with it. 

Please, teach your children to lie, cheat, steal.  That is how you "get ahead".  Integrity is just an excuse for the losers.

That sounds like it came directly from Fred Trump's mouth. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tigermike said:

Richard Blumenthal United States senator from Connecticut,

STOLEN VALOR

 

STOLEN VALOR

 

That second link is about Mark Kirk, a Republican who..Like santos...literally made up actual awards and service out of thin air that didn't actually earn or do. They were deliberate and intentional lies he made multiple times during speechs, on his campaign websites, and on other documentation. 

Did you mean to actually post that link? 

It makes Blumenthal's "controversy" look very minor in comparison. Blumenthal was criticized for saying that he served "IN" Vietnam in one or two public speeches he made, when in reality he did not ever go to Vietnam, but instead served DURING the Vietnam era. He acknowledged that he had mispoken a couple of times on that fact and that he shouldn't have ever said he was in vietnam. He also apparently never listed on a resume or on documents or on websites that he served in vietnam....and he was recorded in instances before the controversy as honestly saying he never served in Vietnam in past political talks.

Quote

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/richard-adams-blog/2010/may/18/richard-blumenthal-vietnam-connecticut-senate

Regardless of what you might think about Blumenthal's defence that he "misspoke", his survival in the senate race is helped – at the bottom of all this – by the fact that the New York Times has nothing more than a few instances of him claiming or implying he served in Vietnam. Without a smoking gun of his having listed it in a resume or in a more substantive medium, it all seems a little weak. Blumenthal's defence – that he mistakenly said "in" instead of "during" – was fodder for much Twitter humour ("Q: What's Blumenthal's favourite Village People song? A: During The Navy.") and isn't great, but it doesn't need to be.

 

 

 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Not his fault at all.  Why no one bothered to vet his resume prior to the election is a better question.

Lying is good.  Being a fraud is good.  Odds are,,, you'll get away with it. 

Please, teach your children to lie, cheat, steal.  That is how you "get ahead".  Integrity is just an excuse for the losers.

Thank you. How did his RED opponents and BLUE opponents not vet this s***?

How did the media fail so badly...AGAIN. 

Does no one in America do their damn job anymore?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

when in reality he did not ever go to Vietnam, but instead served DURING the Vietnam era.

I too served during the Vietnam war and not once have I ever misspoke about being in Vietnam when in fact I wasn't.   Blumenthal is a liar and also guilty of stolen valor.  Make excuses for him if you want.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

I too served during the Vietnam war and not once have I ever misspoke about being in Vietnam when in fact I wasn't.   Blumenthal is a liar and also guilty of stolen valor.  Make excuses for him if you want.

There is no excuse. He’s accountable for it. But it doesn’t compare to the wholesale fabrication of this dude.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

There is no excuse. He’s accountable for it. But it doesn’t compare to the wholesale fabrication of this dude.

And that's not the point I'm making.  As I said earlier in this thread: 

House Democrats call for George Santos to resign over ‘whopping lies’ 

Great idea, but let's make it retroactive and require all politicians who have been caught lying to be removed from office.  Start with Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris and Adam Shiff and Richard Blumenthal and Raphael Warnock and ......

Those are just 1st thought,  I'm sure there are plenty of others. 

 

Kick them all out.    I don't care which side their on, kick their ass out.  Make it retroactive and kick them all out.

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

And that's not the point I'm making.  As I said earlier in this thread: 

House Democrats call for George Santos to resign over ‘whopping lies’ 

Great idea, but let's make it retroactive and require all politicians who have been caught lying to be removed from office.  Start with Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris and Adam Shiff and Richard Blumenthal and Raphael Warnock and ......

Those are just 1st thought,  I'm sure there are plenty of others. 

 

Kick them all out.    I don't care which side their on, kick their ass out.  Make it retroactive and kick them all out.

I remember your distress and demand that Trump resign over his numerous lies so, yes, you’re totally consistent. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...