2024 4* G Labaron Philon (Kansas)

Barnacle

1 hour ago, JuscAUse! said:

According to half the posters on the basketball threads, yes. 

Yeah. We sign a pair of top 40 players and a 3 star PG (who was rated higher in football, and has probably never focused all his energy on basketball for more than a couple of months in his life) when losing just 2 from the playing rotation, and have a near 5 star PG signed to come next year when, due to the COVID rule, I'm not sure we'll lose anyone from this year's playing rotation... and Bruce is losing his mojo? My, we've gotten awfully spoiled awfully fast with the basketball program, haven't we? *Shakes head*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

due to the COVID rule, I'm not sure we'll lose anyone from this year's playing rotation

@Rednilla Hate to burst your bubble but all 4 who could return for a covid year are expected to move on after the season. TBBH at least a couple need to so we can upgrade the talent on roster. There could be 2-3 others leaving as well. Noted insider autiger07 recently put an over/under on new players on roster next season at 7.5 & he took the over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Rednilla Hate to burst your bubble but all 4 who could return for a covid year are expected to move on after the season. TBBH at least a couple need to so we can upgrade the talent on roster. There could be 2-3 others leaving as well. Noted insider autiger07 recently put an over/under on new players on roster next season at 7.5 & he took the over.

Wow, that's kinda crazy considering we only signed one this year. I guess we won't be quite as deep next season as we are this one. Are the 2-3 others part of the playing rotation, or do you know?

Actually, upon further reflection, the only player of the 4 seniors that I really see us missing all that greatly is Jaylin, because without him we've only got 3 bigs on the roster, and Traore isn't exactly the traditional big. I mean, not that Allen is a pushover, but Chance fills the big guard role, and Aden will likely be a significant upgrade from Zep, so adding one more big in the portal would still potentially leave us with a solid 2-deep. Of course, I'm sure there will be a desire to add at least one more big guard, and if we have more than 7 new players on the team next year... well, that would change things rather greatly, roster-wise, so who knows?

I do hope Broome sticks around for another year, however. He might be good enough to play in the NBA due to his defensive prowess, but I just love having Dylan ready to come off the bench and infuse life into the team, and I have to wonder if a transfer would be able to come in and be the third (fourth? I don't remember who started at 5 in Dylan's freshman year, but I don't think it was him) player to start ahead of Cardwell in as many years? I suppose Yohan could move into that role, but he hasn't impressed me much with his around-the-basket skills, so I guess we'll see.

Edited by Rednilla
  • Thanks 1

• Love 1

Philon had the game winning free throws and then the game saving steal that clinched it last night!!! 

10 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I guess we won't be quite as deep next season as we are this one.

@RednillaDepends who we get in the portal.

Are the 2-3 others part of the playing rotation, or do you know?

Of the names rumored 1 is & the others could be.

the only player of the 4 seniors that I really see us missing all that greatly is Jaylin

If Flan is truly getting back to form we would definitely miss him.

I do hope Broome sticks around for another year, however. He might be good enough to play in the NBA due to his defensive prowess

Broome wasn't NBA ready after last season & hasn't improved his stock that much this season. Would be a big surprise if he left.

• Thanks 1

Philon can literally put the ball in the hoop at any time lol

• Love 1

Last time I checked Pettiford is a 5* composite rating. He continues to be referred to as a 4*. Probably only matters to star gazers and 2024 team recruiting rankings fans..

12 minutes ago, autan said:

Last time I checked Pettiford is a 5* composite rating. He continues to be referred to as a 4*. Probably only matters to star gazers and 2024 team recruiting rankings fans..

5 star 247composite, 4 star On3 composite. The latter includes all sources from the former + On3’s in-house rating 

its fair to think of him as closer to a 5 than a 4

• Thanks 2

On 2/4/2023 at 6:00 PM, SumterAubie said:

Too small to be a horse, yet too big to be a man.

image.png.592a6adfbecd04ee600f3dede26eeea3.png

I’m not real sure he’s too small to be a horse.   That kid is huge!!!!   Can’t wait to see him knocking people around in the paint in that beautiful orange jersey!!!!