Auburn vs. Florida

Grumps

2 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Man talking about bad fouls not being called. Major shove by Castleton at the end. What a crock

Yup. Jaylin was in great position there though. I think Castleon was surprised. 

28 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

At this point if Bruce has any walk-ons on the bench who can reasonably shoot the basketball I say play them.

Can you say Lior?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll take a win any way we can get it! 1-0 is better than half of the SEC teams. I just don't see where our scoring will come from. Did Westry even play? I was surprised that Dylan didn't play a lot.

I get the same feeling watching our O as I got watching Gus’s O.

You know it ain’t gonna be pretty. It’s gonna be predictably bad. But, I keep hoping, maybe this time, we’re really gonna break out and take off from here.

Just very hard to watch.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

I get the same feeling watching our O as I got watching Gus’s O.

You know it ain’t gonna be pretty. It’s gonna be predictably bad. But, I keep hoping, maybe this time, we’re really gonna break out and take off from here.

Just very hard to watch.

I agree. And Bruce seems un-engaged this year to me. Could NIL/ portal be wearing him down? We didn’t seem to hit the portal as hard as we could have. As someone else said, a couple of our guards and Flan should have been encouraged to look at transferring, and maybe we could’ve upgraded. Loyalty gets you nowhere now.

• Like 1

Auburn fan….please give this team a break. Give this coach a break. Let them work it out. We’re 11-2. 1-0 in the SEC. 

My how we’ve forgotten what Auburn Basketball was. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

In the box score our guards were 6 of 23. That is our achiles heal. Is Westry hurt or in dog house as we really need a bigger guard.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Auburn fan….please give this team a break. Give this coach a break. Let them work it out. We’re 11-2. 1-0 in the SEC. 

My how we’ve forgotten what Auburn Basketball was. 

I understand how you feel. I felt that way not long ago. But now these players are getting paid to produce. Some simply are not. I realize we are 11-2 and 1-0. We’ll revisit the record after SEC play. I am afraid of what it may look like. Just my opinion

Been an Auburn fan over 50 years. I remember the many bad years

Clearly one of the objectives was to limit Castleton scoring opportunities - that part of the game plan worked as he only scored 6 points.  

I would be interested to know what our offensive game plan was.  Broome is important to this team; the 3 early fouls in the 1st half meant we had to take him out.  Even then, he played well in the 2nd half despite picking up a 4th foul.  I like our starting forwards.

The bench scoring was won by Fla, 27-12.

uga up next at their house.  They will not be an easy win, but it wouldn't surprise me if we shine like the Washington game.  We have 7 days to prepare.  Hope we shoot well.

War Eagle

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's a damn shame we didn't get this Wendell last year 

What are you talking about!? The stats are identical besides the clear difference in assists.

B3A6CB19-E6A1-45B1-A390-238B04329D0E.png

5 hours ago, jluvah said:

I understand how you feel. I felt that way not long ago. But now these players are getting paid to produce. Some simply are not. I realize we are 11-2 and 1-0. We’ll revisit the record after SEC play. I am afraid of what it may look like. Just my opinion

Been an Auburn fan over 50 years. I remember the many bad years

Conference play is going to be really tough. That was a 7-6 Florida team, although they always play us hard. I mentioned here a week or 2 ago that my goal for this team is to reach the NCAA Tournament. I saw where Lunardi had his 1st bracket out this week and we're a projected #6 seed. 

Alabama, Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas are all good teams. Us, Kentucky, Mississippi State are in that 2nd tier of SEC teams. Our guard play is 2 sided. Great on defense, absolutely atrocious shooting the ball and we have too many turnovers from our guards. The PG is the QB of your basketball team and we struggle with consistent PG play. Even Sharife Cooper was inconsistent but he was young too. This team needs a Jared Harper and Bryce Brown NOW!!!! 

Defense and hustle will keep us in every game but our shooting will cost us some games. It was our 26th straight home win so I'm VERY happy about that!!!!

WDE

• Like 1

Diehard Auburn fan; ref’s miss calls but it usually equals out. The way some of our players interact with refereeing is disgusting. Also small guard are usually great General’s of the game, great ball handlers; thus far our small guards not some much. Coach BP doesn’t ever seem overly frustrated about turnovers is my biggest complaint. Let’s go team get better let’s see what happens. All Auburn all the time War Eagle. Let’s keep encouraging our team