12 years ago

RunInRed

I was there. All my game day stuff is stored in a time capsule. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I was stranded in a motel in Braselton, Georgia due to the winter storm that hit the southeast that day, traveling home from North Carolina after attending the funeral of my aunt. 

• Sad 1

I wasn’t there , but paid for my son to  attend . He was a student at Auburn at that time and was so thrilled to be there and win the NC.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

i hope bird does not see the pic with the bird button on it. he might get the big head.

• Haha 2

I was there….about 20 of our family/friends went out with four tickets hoping to get more out there.   Did not happen bc they were ridiculously priced! Many ended up watching the game on a nearby big screen with many other Auburn fans who did the same.  Would have been nice for that game to be in a larger stadium! Still had a blast 

• Like 2

Went with two of my sons and great trip. Stuck in Denver for two days afterward because Atlanta was iced over. Enjoyed Denver and watched game highlights over and over. 

Toughest part of trip was exiting Atlanta airport. Ice everywhere.

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Went with two of my sons and great trip. Stuck in Denver for two days afterward because Atlanta was iced over. Enjoyed Denver and watched game highlights over and over. 

Toughest part of trip was exiting Atlanta airport. Ice everywhere.

Our son and his GF were stranded for a few days in Phoenix, but got a flight to Detroit and then to Nashville.

I asked him if he was concerned about missing so many days of classes. He said he wasn’t since he saw four of his professors also in the Detroit airport trying to get home!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Our son and his GF were stranded for a few days in Phoenix, but got a flight to Detroit and then to Nashville.

I asked him if he was concerned about missing so many days of classes. He said he wasn’t since he saw four of his professors also in the Detroit airport trying to get home!

Same with my sons. Think everything in Auburn was shut down.

What a season indeed. Although I knew we would take a step back in 2011; I thought we were about to embark on a great journey of AU football. The feeling was the same after 2013. What might have been.