Georgia vs. Ohio State

jw 4 au

5 minutes ago, Shadow Tiger said:

Ohio State 3 plays -1 yard from the 30 yard after the long Stroud run. Unbelievable !

Tried to position for FG at that point and got away from just letting Stroud win it. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Tried to position for FG at that point and got away from just letting Stroud win it. 

U really asking a lot from a college kicker with anything over 40yds in a high pressure situation. U can’t even get NFL kickers to make the extra point on a consistent basis since they made the change.

That run play missed up their flow and it was all downhill after that. Momentum lost

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

A middle screen or shovel pass would have been a good call to catch Georgia off guard for a potential big play. Too many slow developing plays.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

The play of the game was whoever knocked Harrison Jr out. UGA had no answer for him

Nasty hit! I'm surprised they picked that flag up. But you're right, it definitely changed the game in UGA's favor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

Nasty hit! I'm surprised they picked that flag up. But you're right, it definitely changed the game in UGA's favor.

Should have been some sort of flag. College football needs to get a grip. It may not be targeting by the letter but totally unnecessary

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Georgia vs. Ohio State
8 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Eh I'm an old guy but coach Vince Dooley was a good guy, really wish though that we would have gotten Kirby instead of UGA but hope that coach freeze can right the ship and get us winning again...

I'm in that old guy club myself. 

Vince was a great guy. 

My Mom was office manager for Dr. Walker in Opelika. They delivered Vince, and Barbara's kids. Mom, and Barbara were friends. 

This new generation of GA fans are some of the worst fans of any school anywhere. I've been to games at every stadium in the SEC, except A&M. The only place I've ever had any trouble was at GA back in the 90's. A couple of students ran up behind my pregnant wife, and knocked the Auburn cushions out of her hands, nearly knocking her down. I only was able to catch one of them, but I bet he hasn't harassed anyone else's wife to this day. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, e808 said:

The play of the game was whoever knocked Harrison Jr out. UGA had no answer for him

That’s been Kirby’s mode of operation for years going back to his time as Bama’s D coordinator. If you injure their starters/key players bad enough, they can’t play the game and you take them out of the game. 

• Like 2

Kirby looked like a genius with that timeout. That changed the game. If they get that play off it’s 1st and 10 at mid field with an 11 point lead instead of punting. Sports are great. 

7 hours ago, AUINSY said:

That’s been Kirby’s mode of operation for years going back to his time as Bama’s D coordinator. If you injure their starters/key players bad enough, they can’t play the game and you take them out of the game. 

That's why we won a National Championship!

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's why we won a National Championship!

That's also why we didn't smash them lol.  Cam was hurt on that hit in the back in the first quarter.  Remember overthrowing wide open receiver right after and never got that mobility. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

That's also why we didn't smash them lol.  Cam was hurt on that hit in the back in the first quarter.  Remember overthrowing wide open receiver right after and never got that mobility. 

I do remember that. I was talking about the Alabama game for my example. Everybody talk about Carter amazing play hustling back and causing the fumble, and Fairly play at their end zone fumble recovery. 

But a play that don't get showed or talked about that was just as important was when McNeil hit that wr and almost killed him I think maybe Hanks. After that our defense literally had them shook and afraid. Only game I saw Julio play scared. 

When I'm working with young guys today I'll tell them about it and pull it up and show them. It's also an example I use to try to explain to people that just talk stats or whatever as far as how important a guy can be. Like I'm sure you've seen smoke get so much flak on here about everything but there was no denying how the defense played with him out there as opposed to without him. They were literally an entire different team. It takes you to be out there and feel it, it's hard to explain. It's an identity. 

• Like 2