Gus

gr82b4au

I wish Gus the best but it’s clear he’s hit his ceiling as a play caller and as a head coach. You’re going to get way too much variability between elite ball and shameful offense. You’re going to get moments of horrid QB management and ones that work out magically. JRP looked like one of the gets of the year and a guy who couldn’t get snaps at the position after his freshman year, depending on what game I watched 

I still wish him well, just needs to stay out his own way 

• Like 2

So glad someone started this thread. Gus lost 5 games this season but his fanboys have been quiet as a church mouse. I know someone will say he only averaged 4.5 losses a year at Auburn but I prefer to round up.

If you go checkout the Chiefs v. Raiders games from tonight, you'll see KC's version of Gus's whirly bird. It is very impressive. 

Whirly Bird.JPG

Edited by maryland tiger
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

13 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

Gus lost 5 games this season but his fanboys have been quiet as a church mouse.

He also had his team in their conference championship game. UCF lost that one to Tulane, who beat USC in the Cotton Bowl.

You know, I don't think about Gus or UCF until some of you haters come on here with more of the same garbage. It must be a terrible burden to bear, having Gus occupy such a large place inside your head.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He also had his team in their conference championship game. UCF lost that one to Tulane, who beat USC in the Cotton Bowl.

You know, I don't think about Gus or UCF until some of you haters come on here with more of the same garbage. It must be a terrible burden to bear, having Gus occupy such a large place inside your head.

LMAO.

My guy, they play 2-3 teams per year that should be able to compete with them. The fact that they are losing 4-5 games per year is not good, regardless of him EASILY being able to get into their conference championship game.

Stop embarrassing yourself. He is the definition of an average coach, and he is proving to be average against garbage-tier competition. It's going to get a hell of a lot harder for him once they join the Big 12.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

You know, I don't think about Gus or UCF until some of you haters come on here with more of the same garbage. 

@MikeyYou know as well as I do that this statement is not true. You are and have been the flag waving, Gus Bus driving, leader of the Gus Love Society. I will let you believe what you will though. I won't interfere with your truth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

How'd they play against U South Florida (0-8, 1-11)?  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

How'd they play against U South Florida (0-8, 1-11)?  

I have no idea. As I stated above, I don't follow UCF.

8 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

@MikeyYou know as well as I do that this statement is not true. You are and have been the flag waving, Gus Bus driving, leader of the Gus Love Society. I will let you believe what you will though. I won't interfere with your truth. 

Then only talking about Gus that I do is in response to you haters. You want me to stop mentioning Gus? All you haters have to do is stop posting about him. You and a few others should go back to your Hard for Harsin garbage. Y'all kept that up way past the time that a blind person could see that Harsin was a failure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, metafour said:

He is the definition of an average coach,

Indeed. Tell that to the few haters here who feel some weird need to keep on bashing an average coach after he's been gone over two years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 10:38 PM, Mikey said:

Indeed. Tell that to the few haters here who feel some weird need to keep on bashing an average coach after he's been gone over two years.

Not bashing but Gus is average.............................

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Not bashing but Gus is average.............................

Gee, that's what I just said. I once encountered a bammer on the 'net who kept insisting that Auburn University was located in Opelika. He couldn't read a road map and you can't read a post. You Tuskalosers do have things in common.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2023 at 9:36 PM, Mikey said:

Gee, that's what I just said. I once encountered a bammer on the 'net who kept insisting that Auburn University was located in Opelika. He couldn't read a road map and you can't read a post. You Tuskalosers do have things in common.

Gus got lucky for a 3 or 4 years but he just didn't have what it really took! I know Auburn is in Auburn and some bammers don't know and I have to admit that. Anyway, tell Freeze to be careful with the butt dials!

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 2

On 1/8/2023 at 10:38 PM, Mikey said:

You are such a hypocrite and joke

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

UCF loses 35-10 lead by giving up 26 in the 4th quarter to Baylor. Gus seems to go into a shell when he gets comfortable leads. I sympathize with the fanbase but definitely not shocked. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Biggest comeback in Baylor history

Gus knows how to drive a fanbase crazy but do just enough to make them look spoiled for being frustrated lol.

Just from a perspective of opponent quality this is probably Gus's worst loss ever. Baylor is awful--and I hope they stay that way in '25 and '6!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Just got an extension to boot. Glad it is not us this time. 

CFB Head Coach: perform well and get rich. Underperform and still get rich. Great gig if you can get it. 😅

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

CFB Head Coach: performs well and get rich. Underperform and still get rich. Great gig if you can get it. 😅

It really is, you just got to breakthrough it seems which is hard to do but when you do..

• Like 1

UCF fans have gotten EVERYTHING they deserve with Gus 🤣🤣🤣

You reap what you sow. 

• Like 1