Auburn vs. UGA

Grumps

Long miss from 3 for AU then UGA with a tip-in then TO for Auburn and now AU fouls UGA on the drive. All of a sudden UGA with a run. Make 1-2 FT 24-31 UGA. Finally a foul in the UGA big man over the back on the missed FT. Johnni misses the FT. AU another offensive rebound.

UGA lead back up to 31-24. It’s not fun watching our offense. Getting tired of making excuses to myself lol. We are a bad offensive team period. 

• Like 4

Flanigan never looks like the game has slowed down for him. That’s the worst aspect of his game. I’m echoing a sentiment I heard in a podcast there, but  the guy collects a rebound…back to the basket, not even composed…and he does a 180 spin lay up with a scrum of bodies right behind him 

Just not a decision that I think someone who’s processing the game entirely would do. He knows much more than me, I think he’s a smart mind, but the troubleshooting of every basketball play overwhelms him 

Garbage again. UGA misses a long 3. WG drives in wildly and is blocked. UGA makes a bad pass and AU deflects it right to UGA for an easy layup. Bad luck. 30-38 UGA

Appreciate the play by play @Grumps  . This is just so hard to watch. It seems they are allowed to do the same stuff every game and nothing is being done about it

• Like 1

Broome misses another short-range shot. Halftime 30-38 UGA. That really hurt that we fought back to take a lead and then UGA went on a 10-0 run. I still think we wear them out in the 2nd half, but man, that was a brutal half. Broome scored the first 7 points and then doesn't score again.

I'm really pissed off at Chance Westry's knee...it has cost us our best chance at a consistent 3 point shooter...stupid knee...

Dylan was very quiet. CMo was quiet. Traore nonexistent. AF and KD still out of control. It seems like we could be pounding them underneath, but neither Broome nor Jaylin has been making short shots. Still no Westry.

I don't know what Mike White knows about playing Pearl, but I wish he'd forget it! We are going to need WG and Johnni to really step up in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I look forward to Bruce recruiting some quality guards again. 

I’m almost at the point where I’m ready to move on from any season where we don’t have borderline elite PG play, regardless of how good the rest is. 2019 unraveled the second SEC defenses realized we didn’t have a competent facilitator and 2021 was only held together by Jabari’s excellence as we got down the stretch.

We have enough of a track record to see that CBP cannot overcome middling playmaking guards

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m almost at the point where I’m ready to move on from any season where we don’t have borderline elite PG play, regardless of how good the rest is. 2019 unraveled the second SEC defenses realized we didn’t have a competent facilitator and 2021 was only held together by Jabari’s excellence as we got down the stretch.

We have enough of a track record to see that CBP cannot overcome middling playmaking guards

Come on Aden Holloway!!!

16 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

UGA lead back up to 31-24. It’s not fun watching our offense. Getting tired of making excuses to myself lol. We are a bad offensive team period. 

Remember, if we don't score 4 and they don't score 6 then we win by 2!!!🤣