Auburn vs. UGA

Grumps

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Maverick.AU bruhhhh you got to start and create these threads again… all the other jabroni’s are bad luck!!! Save us please!!! 🙏😂😂

196AA215-0458-4380-9603-8F6F30CAF1ED.gif

Yes Maverick.AU. Please! And while you’re at it, please teach our guards how to shoot. Oh, and not turn the ball over in droves. And you may as well let Bruce know the portal has shooting guards in it. I mean if you’re really gonna save us , Mav.

Nice job last night , Grumps.

Edited by jluvah
  • Haha 2

Bruce is a heck of a coach and a recruiter. Best Auburn has ever had. 

Unfortunately this team has some major issues which everyone can see. The pieces do not fit well and we can all see that the field goal % is not going to change. The boys just need to play good defense and have fun. We are not a tourney team at the moment but there is a lot of basketball left.
I think we can beat a few teams at home. We are super tough at home to beat. Road games are going to be rough. 

We have two players who we can usually count on to score points Jaylin and Broome. Jaylin had multiple opportunities to score but had one of those nights where nothing would fall. If both aren't scoring we lose it is that simple. Jaylin had a bad game all players do.  The other scorer is Green but he gets his points by putting up a huge number of shots. Add that to our propensity to turning the ball over usually with weak , lazy, telegraphed passes and players shooting 3's that can't hit threes and you have the Auburn basketball team.

I love Bruce he has improved Auburn so much and his system does work with the right players.  For those who are getting on him for not hitting the Portal lets take an honest assessment.  We all know we needed replacements for Kessler, Jabari, and we also needed a big SG.   He Brought in Broome to replace Kessler and it was a good replacement , he brought in Traore for Jabari as a Freshman it might eventually work out but Jabari was a unique talent. He brought in Westry to fill multiple roles PG, SG and SF. Westry was a solid pickup as we saw before he got hurt.

The better than expected play of Chris Morris at SF has been welcome and Bruce probably thought that a healthy Flan would give us a very solid SF tandem. Donaldson has been pretty solid as a backup PG.  Jaylin has played really well this year even though he had a bad game against Georgia and Broome has played well. 

What is killing us is BBall IQ from the existing players. Broome as well as he played last night made some really dumb passes that led to Georgia points. I am tired of Flan a Senior making bad passes and losing the ball on drives. KD and Green go into lane where the lane is congested and lose the ball. 

At some point Bruce will have to adjust his Offense to the talent we have. It has to be an inside out O where people cut to the basket when the ball goes down low to cut down double teams down low allowing Jaylin and Broome to work and we have to bench players for a bit every time they  make a lazy stupid pass.  He also needs the offense to pass through Moore a little more as he makes good decisions and is not a turnover machine.  

Biggest change is we need Westry to get healthy and back in shape so we have a legitimate option at SG.  We don't need a healthy Westry to be a superstar just a bigger guard who can play defense against big SG's, get a few boards, and score with a decent shooting percentage.  Zep is a nice little player but he is not a SG as he is two small and has not shown ability to consistently hit the three. KD is instant energy that can help us if he plays under control but hurts us when he is out of control.

At this time I would like to see a starting five of Broome, Jaylin, Moore, Berman, and Green. I think we need a 3PT threat Berman even if he is a bit of a liability on D. Berman has also shown that he can find a way to get rebounds when we have played him and he can shoot. We have multiple shot blockers inside if Berman gets beat.

If this team has not shown improvement by end of 1st week in February we need to start looking at building for next year by giving Traore more PT at PF and SF.  I would like a rotation every now and then where we have 3 bigs on floor at same time with Traore being the SF with Green at SG and Donaldson at PG.

• Like 2

To me, the most disappointing thing is that the team isn't improving as the season goes along. There aren't any "Oh yes, I get it now" moments. Same bad passes, same missed putbacks, same open shots missed, same guys getting blown past on the dribble.

Something needs to change.

• Like 4

Ick.  I realize we have become a bit spoiled the last couple of years, but losing v Thuga in basketball is just embarrassing -- home or away.  How about a 5 am suicide drill practice until everyone yacks?  Toughen up, get every rebound, something.

Berman is not going to be in the lineup. I do agree he is not as much of a liability on defense as some claim. LB does make an occasional steal. What he lacks in quickness he makes up partially with size. If guards miss steal attempts we do have rim protectors. Our guards often missed on attempted steals or defensive mistakes last year and Walker or Jabari more often than not, bailed them out.  CBP has a touch decision that he probably doesn't want to make. I don't now if we can win on the road in SEC unless certain players cut down on bad 3 pt shots.

If Berman plays he need to be in more than taking one shot. If he misses that one he is out for the game. If he stays in, he might warm up and make two or three in a row. Sometimes a kid comes in cold and has a hot streak but not usually. Shooting woes. It's so mental.

2 hours ago, autan said:

Berman is not going to be in the lineup. I do agree he is not as much of a liability on defense as some claim. LB does make an occasional steal. What he lacks in quickness he makes up partially with size. If guards miss steal attempts we do have rim protectors. Our guards often missed on attempted steals or defensive mistakes last year and Walker or Jabari more often than not, bailed them out.  CBP has a touch decision that he probably doesn't want to make. I don't now if we can win on the road in SEC unless certain players cut down on bad 3 pt shots.

If Berman plays he need to be in more than taking one shot. If he misses that one he is out for the game. If he stays in, he might warm up and make two or three in a row. Sometimes a kid comes in cold and has a hot streak but not usually. Shooting woes. It's so mental.

Its very obvious Bruce doesn't want to make a tough decision and limit players offensively. Otherwise, he would have done that last year during our second half downturn. I still remember KD going like 0-16 in one game. And I think Bruce's response was something akin to, 'he had a bad night, sometimes they don't fall' and then nothing changed. I hoped that he was just doing the mentoring and coaching behind the scenes out of the public eye. Its becoming clear he isn't doing that on the offensive side at all.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Maverick.AU bruhhhh you got to start and create these threads again… all the other jabroni’s are bad luck!!! Save us please!!! 🙏😂😂

Your post made me think of this 😂

630274FB-70B1-4B53-8E14-9AEE2D631C87.gif

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Haha 2

Ps. I've only gotten to see most game threads after the fact, but I thought all the people that have been handling things this season have done a great job!

Edited by Maverick.AU

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

THIS!!!! ABSOLUTELY THIS!!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Ps. I've only gotten to see most game threads after the fact, but I thought all the people that have been handling things this season have done a great job!

Maybe we should double your salary for doing the game play-by-plays!!!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

C332FE21-1300-433B-BDB7-7CDD7BAB589D.gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'll see what I can do brother 😂

I tried a game or 2.  I don’t know how you do it.  I can’t type fast enough and watch at the same time … plus having to go get my remote and duct tape it back together after throwing it against the wall after 6 straight possessions of turnovers, offensive fouls and missed shots …

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I tried a game or 2.  I don’t know how you do it.  I can’t type fast enough and watch at the same time … plus having to go get my remote and duct tape it back together after throwing it against the wall after 6 straight possessions of turnovers, offensive fouls and missed shots …

My thought both times was to start the thread until the experts tune in. Unfortunately, all of you bastages don't seem to be participating!!!🤣

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Grumps said:

I am the architect of the biggest negative karma-producing incident ever on this board. I have NO business doing the play by play!

What, you 100% guaranteed Rueben Foster coming to Auburn?

Watched some of bama Ky game. Cole was right we should have offered Mark Sears.

• Like 1