LB DeMario Tolan Signs With Auburn

toddc

• toddc changed the title to LB DeMario Tolan Signs With Auburn

I hope there’s more to come today 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ED79B3DD-3EEB-4854-8053-AE61B0AF1E15.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just fyi this was the bat signal last night for this from our new LB coach!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So this is what SEC recruiting is like. I had almost forgotten. WDE 🦅 to the new coaching staff!

• Like 2

I wanted this kid out of HS. I love his size. 6'2 222. Come on. now! LB are not supposed to be over 6' 210 lbs lol. 

Coach Freeze has done an amazing job at recognizing GLARING weaknesses on our roster and addressing those needs. Still have unmet needs...but we getting there. WDE!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

wanted this kid out of HS. I love his size. 6'2 222. Come on. now! LB are not supposed to be over 6' 210 lbs lol

Not sure what his real size is. He was listed as 6'1 200 out of HS and LSU has him at 6'1 211 on their website.

Hopefully he can get to 220 and grow an inch

Reading TNOS LSU thread on his commitment. A few comments of note.

Overall it is appears to be accepted he was a good player they aren't happy to lose. 

Big loss for us. Big gain for them

This is a head scratcher. We need LB’s and he was a good player. Not a great player but good one. Something had to have happened that we are not aware of.

Clear tampering with $

I’d like to know what happened but probably won’t really know the behind the scenes. Frustrating to lose an up and coming player at a position of need especially to Auburn. Gross

"

He was already taking snaps from Penn and Weeks. BK already talked him up, unprompted. Tolan has got great instincts and more than enough athleticism to run sideline-to-sideline. IMO, Tolan and Perk were going to be the two starting LBers next year. This one hurts."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure what his real size is. He was listed as 6'1 200 out of HS and LSU has him at 6'1 211 on their website.

Hopefully he can get to 220 and grow an inch

I just looked on the 2022 LSU roster and it said 222. I knew he was listed smaller out of HS but most usually are. My best guess is he is likely near 6'2 (Could have gotten the intimidation bump) but I have no clue on the weight other than what was posted and on their roster... I saw some posters saying that he needed to add weight last year from LSU so I figure he probably came in and grew an inch taller which made him look thinner.Who knows! Im still super stoked about this pickup. I think he will be competing for a starting spot this season.

image.png.b43538c4f3c2f5a27027ff9742e54e9e.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin

Only losers follow the rules.  Hopefully we're tampering the s*** out of some QBs right now

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2