Auburn Ladies vs. bama

Son of A Tiger

I know we have had some injuries, but our SEC losses have been -32 to Ole Miss, -6 to Missouri, -52 to  #1,South Carolina.  I had hoped we would be further along at this point.  We lost both games to BAMA last year by 6 and 7 points.  This one is on the way to being embarrassing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TD1 said:

I see Coulibaly was out today. Is she hurt again? 

Concussion. And Honesty played, but she’s clearly not 100%. 

Not making an excuse but just stating the obvious. It’s really hard to win without your 2 best players. 

Better days are ahead. This team played a top 10 Indiana much better than this. Glad we have a bye week.

• Like 1

Coach Flo left this team in a mess, even a worse mess than Harsin left the football team. Still, I had hoped that we'd be showing more improvement by now. A basketball program can be turned around with a couple of great players and a decent supporting cast. We need an aircraft carrier and so far we haven't acquired one.

• Like 2

Had I not been at the game yesterday, I would be saying the same as many others have said.  I would have reminded everyone of the mess Flo left and injuries etc.  However, I was at the game .  What I witnessed was a team that is poorly coached and a coaching staff that, at least on Sunday, was incapable of recognizing and making any adjustments.  The effort during the first half was ridiculously bad.  We allowed bama clear lanes to the basket and often didn't contest in the paint.  If I was the AD, I would have met today with the coach to ask her if there was anything she needed because what happened yesterday cannot continue all season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The effort during the first half was ridiculously bad.  We allowed bama clear lanes to the basket and often didn't contest in the paint. 

Sadly, I agree with this. The announcers kept talking about how bammer was shooting so well. That tends to happen when college scholarship players are left with wide open shots.

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2023 at 9:57 PM, all4AU said:

Concussion. And Honesty played, but she’s clearly not 100%. 

Not making an excuse but just stating the obvious. It’s really hard to win without your 2 best players. 

Better days are ahead. This team played a top 10 Indiana much better than this. Glad we have a bye week.

We could have played sound basketball and lost the game.  Instead, what we were doing on the court looked more like a Terri Williams Flournoy team that decided not to play defense.  It really was that bad.

I'm not that impressed with what I've seen first hand from the assistant coaches on recruiting trips.  Summer 2021, I saw first hand assistant coaches at tournaments, and instead of actually watching high school girls play, seemed to be more interested in facetiming their significant other.  Maybe they had silent commits, and they were there just to watch them play, so who knows.

One of the girls that Mizzou signed played on my daughter's AAU team, and we are going to regret not even giving her a look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2023 at 5:21 PM, AU9377 said:

Had I not been at the game yesterday, I would be saying the same as many others have said.  I would have reminded everyone of the mess Flo left and injuries etc.  However, I was at the game .  What I witnessed was a team that is poorly coached and a coaching staff that, at least on Sunday, was incapable of recognizing and making any adjustments.  The effort during the first half was ridiculously bad.  We allowed bama clear lanes to the basket and often didn't contest in the paint.  If I was the AD, I would have met today with the coach to ask her if there was anything she needed because what happened yesterday cannot continue all season.

Imagine evaluating the job performance of someone you considered hiring at your previous stop, but went in a different direction. How uncomfortable that might be....for both parties....

On 1/11/2023 at 9:39 AM, slyinsocal said:

Imagine evaluating the job performance of someone you considered hiring at your previous stop, but went in a different direction. How uncomfortable that might be....for both parties....

I agree... and to make it worse, the decision was extremely controversial when it was made.

On 1/11/2023 at 9:08 AM, AUJarhead said:

I'm not that impressed with what I've seen first hand from the assistant coaches on recruiting trips.  Summer 2021, I saw first hand assistant coaches at tournaments, and instead of actually watching high school girls play, seemed to be more interested in facetiming their significant other.  Maybe they had silent commits, and they were there just to watch them play, so who knows.

One of the girls that Mizzou signed played on my daughter's AAU team, and we are going to regret not even giving her a look.

Regardless, that isn't an impression that a staff at this level should be making.

• Like 1

Last year it seemed we were starting to turn it around and now we seem to be going in other direction. Is it bad coaching or bad luck because of injuries for a team that does not have enough depth yet?