Jump to content

WR Transfer Nick Mardner Commits


toddc
 Share

Recommended Posts

WR transfer Nick Mardner commits to Auburn, reunites with Marcus Davis

4 minutes ago

One of Marcus Davis' most productive receivers from his time at Hawai'i is joining him at Auburn.

Nick Mardner, who was with Davis at Hawaii before transferring to Cincinnati for the 2022 season, has committed to Auburn. Mardner originally entered the portal on Dec. 7 and visited Auburn this weekend before the transfer portal visit window closed. He arrives at Auburn as a graduate transfer with one year of eligibility remaining.

"Big-time SEC ball," Mardner said about his choice. "I play my best games in big-time — I had my best game last year against Arkansas. I think I play my best ball in the big environments. This is a football town that revolves around it and to be a part of that is something special."

Originally from Ontario, Canada, Cincinnati lists Mardner at 6-foot-6, 215 pounds.

Mardner was productive during his lone season at Cincinnati, catching 19 passes for 218 yards and three touchdowns. It was his last season at Hawai'i under Davis, though, where he was most productive. Mardner was an honorable mention to the All-Mountain West team after catching 46 passes for 913 yards and five touchdowns.

"He’s like family," Mardner said. "We were tied back to Hawai’i in ‘21 and he was a big part of my development. I think I played my best ball with him. That’s like family."

In four years, Mardner has combined for 81 receptions, 1,488 yards and 11 touchdowns.

During Mardner's visit to Auburn, some of the small things stuck out to him.

"I was driving late night last night with Coach Davis and something that stood out to me when we were driving down Donahue and they have the little bumps and it makes the fight song — I thought that was pretty cool," Mardner said. "But details-wise, it’s about the relationships I think and into the relationships what someone sees you being. What I always say is you can’t play your best ball if you’re not around good people so I think that’s a big part of it. I’ve got a sense of when I came out here. I feel like these are some good people to be around."

Auburn Undercover will continue to update this story.

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





War Eagle and welcome to the Plains!  May 2023 be his most productive season yet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't know much about this kid, but he's got good size. Having the big body receiver isn't something we've had in a couple of years (since Seth left).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trips formation with him, Frazier, and Riley-Ducker and throw it high. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Trips formation with him, Frazier, and Riley-Ducker and throw it high. 

Just got to have somebody to get it to them consistently.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

0E6F1FAF-D3B0-4D75-BA44-89440668FC4C.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, toddc said:

WR transfer Nick Mardner commits to Auburn, reunites with Marcus Davis

4 minutes ago

One of Marcus Davis' most productive receivers from his time at Hawai'i is joining him at Auburn.

Nick Mardner, who was with Davis at Hawaii before transferring to Cincinnati for the 2022 season, has committed to Auburn. Mardner originally entered the portal on Dec. 7 and visited Auburn this weekend before the transfer portal visit window closed. He arrives at Auburn as a graduate transfer with one year of eligibility remaining.

"Big-time SEC ball," Mardner said about his choice. "I play my best games in big-time — I had my best game last year against Arkansas. I think I play my best ball in the big environments. This is a football town that revolves around it and to be a part of that is something special."

Originally from Ontario, Canada, Cincinnati lists Mardner at 6-foot-6, 215 pounds.

Mardner was productive during his lone season at Cincinnati, catching 19 passes for 218 yards and three touchdowns. It was his last season at Hawai'i under Davis, though, where he was most productive. Mardner was an honorable mention to the All-Mountain West team after catching 46 passes for 913 yards and five touchdowns.

"He’s like family," Mardner said. "We were tied back to Hawai’i in ‘21 and he was a big part of my development. I think I played my best ball with him. That’s like family."

In four years, Mardner has combined for 81 receptions, 1,488 yards and 11 touchdowns.

During Mardner's visit to Auburn, some of the small things stuck out to him.

"I was driving late night last night with Coach Davis and something that stood out to me when we were driving down Donahue and they have the little bumps and it makes the fight song — I thought that was pretty cool," Mardner said. "But details-wise, it’s about the relationships I think and into the relationships what someone sees you being. What I always say is you can’t play your best ball if you’re not around good people so I think that’s a big part of it. I’ve got a sense of when I came out here. I feel like these are some good people to be around."

Auburn Undercover will continue to update this story.

Welcome to the plains young man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great pickup. WAR Eagle and welcome to Auburn.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

Just got to have somebody to get it to them consistently.

Well I said throw it high. RA can do that. 😅

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now hopefully we will decide to throw him the ball in the redzone

Also give Davis his credit for this

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For someone 6'6 or 6'7, he appears to run pretty well/fluidly in the small sample of clips I watched

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...