WR Transfer Nick Mardner Commits

toddc

WR transfer Nick Mardner commits to Auburn, reunites with Marcus Davis

4 minutes ago

One of Marcus Davis' most productive receivers from his time at Hawai'i is joining him at Auburn.

Nick Mardner, who was with Davis at Hawaii before transferring to Cincinnati for the 2022 season, has committed to Auburn. Mardner originally entered the portal on Dec. 7 and visited Auburn this weekend before the transfer portal visit window closed. He arrives at Auburn as a graduate transfer with one year of eligibility remaining.

"Big-time SEC ball," Mardner said about his choice. "I play my best games in big-time — I had my best game last year against Arkansas. I think I play my best ball in the big environments. This is a football town that revolves around it and to be a part of that is something special."

Originally from Ontario, Canada, Cincinnati lists Mardner at 6-foot-6, 215 pounds.

Mardner was productive during his lone season at Cincinnati, catching 19 passes for 218 yards and three touchdowns. It was his last season at Hawai'i under Davis, though, where he was most productive. Mardner was an honorable mention to the All-Mountain West team after catching 46 passes for 913 yards and five touchdowns.

"He’s like family," Mardner said. "We were tied back to Hawai’i in ‘21 and he was a big part of my development. I think I played my best ball with him. That’s like family."

In four years, Mardner has combined for 81 receptions, 1,488 yards and 11 touchdowns.

During Mardner's visit to Auburn, some of the small things stuck out to him.

"I was driving late night last night with Coach Davis and something that stood out to me when we were driving down Donahue and they have the little bumps and it makes the fight song — I thought that was pretty cool," Mardner said. "But details-wise, it’s about the relationships I think and into the relationships what someone sees you being. What I always say is you can’t play your best ball if you’re not around good people so I think that’s a big part of it. I’ve got a sense of when I came out here. I feel like these are some good people to be around."

Auburn Undercover will continue to update this story.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Don't know much about this kid, but he's got good size. Having the big body receiver isn't something we've had in a couple of years (since Seth left).

Trips formation with him, Frazier, and Riley-Ducker and throw it high. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Trips formation with him, Frazier, and Riley-Ducker and throw it high. 

Just got to have somebody to get it to them consistently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

0E6F1FAF-D3B0-4D75-BA44-89440668FC4C.jpeg

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, toddc said:

WR transfer Nick Mardner commits to Auburn, reunites with Marcus Davis

4 minutes ago

One of Marcus Davis' most productive receivers from his time at Hawai'i is joining him at Auburn.

Nick Mardner, who was with Davis at Hawaii before transferring to Cincinnati for the 2022 season, has committed to Auburn. Mardner originally entered the portal on Dec. 7 and visited Auburn this weekend before the transfer portal visit window closed. He arrives at Auburn as a graduate transfer with one year of eligibility remaining.

"Big-time SEC ball," Mardner said about his choice. "I play my best games in big-time — I had my best game last year against Arkansas. I think I play my best ball in the big environments. This is a football town that revolves around it and to be a part of that is something special."

Originally from Ontario, Canada, Cincinnati lists Mardner at 6-foot-6, 215 pounds.

Mardner was productive during his lone season at Cincinnati, catching 19 passes for 218 yards and three touchdowns. It was his last season at Hawai'i under Davis, though, where he was most productive. Mardner was an honorable mention to the All-Mountain West team after catching 46 passes for 913 yards and five touchdowns.

"He’s like family," Mardner said. "We were tied back to Hawai’i in ‘21 and he was a big part of my development. I think I played my best ball with him. That’s like family."

In four years, Mardner has combined for 81 receptions, 1,488 yards and 11 touchdowns.

During Mardner's visit to Auburn, some of the small things stuck out to him.

"I was driving late night last night with Coach Davis and something that stood out to me when we were driving down Donahue and they have the little bumps and it makes the fight song — I thought that was pretty cool," Mardner said. "But details-wise, it’s about the relationships I think and into the relationships what someone sees you being. What I always say is you can’t play your best ball if you’re not around good people so I think that’s a big part of it. I’ve got a sense of when I came out here. I feel like these are some good people to be around."

Auburn Undercover will continue to update this story.

Welcome to the plains young man.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

Just got to have somebody to get it to them consistently.

Well I said throw it high. RA can do that. 😅

• Haha 6

For someone 6'6 or 6'7, he appears to run pretty well/fluidly in the small sample of clips I watched

• Like 1