RB/ATH Brian Battie to AU

RunInRed

Battie, a 5-foot-8, 165-pound Sarasota native, has been one of the Bulls’ best players over the past two seasons. He was a consensus All-American in 2021 after returning three kickoffs for a touchdown. Last year, he developed into a more complete offensive player, too. His 1,186 rushing yards are the sixth-most in USF single-season history. Battie also broke a program record with 1,936 all-purpose yards and tied a USF record with five consecutive 100-yard rushing games.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2023/01/06/usf-football-brian-battie-transfer-portal-ncaa/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Former USF RB Brian Battie commits to Auburn

18 minutes ago

A day after visiting Auburn, former USF running back Brian Battie has committed to Auburn.

"They’ve got a nice plan setup and I feel like I definitely fit in what they’ve got running," Battie said. "I think they’ve got some big things coming this way."

Battie told reporters he was going to visit Colorado this upcoming weekend, but the visit to Auburn was all he needed to see. Utah was also involved.

A consensus All-American special teamer as a sophomore in 2021, Battie took it up a notch as a running back in 2022. The Sarasota, Florida, native finished the season with 176 carries for 1,186 yards (6.7 yards per carry), eight touchdowns and 14 receptions for 91 yards. That performance earned him a nod on Phil Steele's All-American team as an all-purpose player. Over his career at USF Battie has 1,842 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns, averaging 6.6 yards per carry. As a kick returner, Battie has three touchdowns and 1,427 in total return yards.

The 2022 season started — and ended — in a big way for Battie. In game two against Howard he took seven carries for 105 yards and a touchdown and in game three in a close loss at Florida, Battie had 17 carries for 150 yards and a touchdown. Battie finished the season with five-straight games over 100 rushing yards.

Battie, listed at 5-foot-8, 165 pounds, gives Auburn a different type of running back in a room that features Jarquez Hunter and Damari Alston along with incoming freshman Jeremiah Cobb, who will arrive in the Summer. Battie has two years of eligibility remaining.

It was a quick turnaround in the portal for Battie, entering on Jan. 6 and now committing to Auburn just three days later. Battie plans to enroll at Auburn shortly and be eligible for spring practice.

9COMMENTS

"They took me — they toured us around the campus," Battie said after his visit. "Came in, seen the football facility. Guess it just got built, it looks amazing in there. Looks like something that colleges not even supposed to have."

The addition of Battie is No. 2 from the transfer portal on Monday after former Cincinnati and Hawai'i wide receiver Nick Mardner committed and signed with Auburn. Overall, Battie is transfer addition No. 9 for Hugh Freeze and Co.

• Like 1

This a hell of a pickup. Also we got a good KR too, Hunter is a hell of a RB but he wasn’t a good KR, he didn’t have the quickness to do it 

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Like 3

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

He visited yesterday and said he loved it. He met with Caddy, Freeze and Montgomery. He said he still would be visiting to Colorado and then make his announcement sunday, Jan. 15th. Well, he committed 1 day after visiting Auburn and didn't even go out to Colorado. WDE

• Like 1

We needed some added depth at RB.   CHF said I will get some depth at RB, AND an All American Kick Returner!!!!    
A little dude who can absolutely fly, and he’s not afraid to mix it up with folks!   Reminds me of Worm!

I love this move!!!

Edited by AUinMS9528