RB/ATH Brian Battie to AU

RunInRed

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Bowl teams like Florida, Houston, and UCF. His YPC is outstanding. And he did this on a 1 win team. I don’t know what the depth chart will look like, but he’s  not coming to AU for garbage time  

Also, Worms production vs Big 10 was less than stellar. 

FA5E9427-333F-4569-A822-996F8D9C0F42.jpeg

6EEA2247-5F9C-4008-A4F8-47EBEF9B50AD.jpeg

Be careful with them facts and such.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I was about to say that you probably need to look at the schedule he ran against before commenting. He did really well against very good teams. 

also, I think he is a different type of runner than Worm. Worm is fast but not shifty. 
go watch his highlight reel. It is pretty impressive.

I watched it and you're right about it being impressive.  I also checked out his OL:  of 15 OL on the roster, only 4 were seniors & 1 of them was lost for the season early on with a knee injury.  This RB has great vision & balance, plus tremendous acceleration.  Caddy is so right -- he'll be a match-up nightmare for any LB on a pass play out of the backfield.  

3 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Look at the common opponent, Cincinnati. That's pretty good facts right there.

On 1/15/2023 at 6:59 PM, SumterAubie said:

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

Look at the common opponent, Cincinnati. That's pretty good facts right there.

Look at 17 carries for 150 yards against an SEC school. That's a pretty good fact right there

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 10:39 AM, Mikey said:

Worm's production was also against mostly Big 10 competition. 4.1 YPC isn't all that bad. They had a common opponent, Cincinnati. Compare those two games. Every negative comment made about Worm when he was here also applies to Battie, even moreso. "Not big enough to break tackles". "Not big enough to pass block". On and on.

Actually, Shivers' issue is that he's too stiff and has very little lateral agility. He actually isn't "small" at all once you scale up his weight relative to his tiny frame. He is nearly 190 pounds at a "listed" 5'7 (he is probably closer to 5'6 in reality). That is essentially the equivalent to 215+ pounds on a ~5'10 or 5'11 RB. 

His limitation is that he just isn't that good when it comes to being an actual NATURAL RB. All he can do is run fast in a straight line. There is very little nuance to his running style, and nuance is what actually defines a "great" RB. He can't change direction very well nor can he stop/start/redirect his momentum.

Brian Battie is smaller than Shivers but he is a considerably more natural and BETTER runner. That is why he is a ~1,200 yard runner whereas Shivers is a backup/gadget player over literally 5 NCAA seasons. You are making a very weak comparison by suggesting that Shivers' big limitation is his lack of size (it's not) and then suggesting that a comparably small RB must therefore also have the same upside/limitation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, metafour said:

Brian Battie is smaller than Shivers but he is a considerably more natural and BETTER runner. That is why he is a ~1,200 yard runner whereas Shivers is a backup/gadget player over literally 5 NCAA seasons

How many yards do you thing Shivers would have had playing against USF's schedule? How many would Battie have had playing against P5 competition?

Also, how many successful 165 pound running backs were there in the SEC last year? Help me out here, I can't think of a single one.