Incoming Transfers as of 1/10/2023

Zeek

Looks like we could be bringing in 2 complete offensive lines.  We got 2 guards, 2 tackles, and a center from high school - that's one unit.  From the portal so far we have 2 tackles and a center.  If we can get the Baylor guy then that's 4 transfer starters from the portal plus Wright...a heck of an OL upgrade.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

Avery Jones - started all games at ECU playing Center and can flex to RT as well

Brian Battie - USF RB with lots of speed but not much size. We will see how he is used.

Nick Mardner - 6'6" WR from Cincinnati 

Lawrence Johnson - DL from Purdue

DeMario Tolan - LB from LSU that Auburn almost landed out of high school

Marshal Nasili-Kite -  DL from Maryland

Gunner Britton - OT from WKU starting potential

Dillon Wade - OT from Tulsa starting potential

Rivaldo Fairweather - TE from FIU and a player we're very excited about

Elijah McAlister - Edge from Vandy that we're hoping to get Eku Leota type production from with limited eligibility left.

We also managed to get Zykeivous Walker (DL), Tar'Varish Dawson (WR), and Landen King (TE) to withdraw from the portal.

More to come but I'm pleased with the process so far. QB is the big question mark but the staff isn't panicking and being selective on who they really want. It's hard to determine how it will pan out but I don't currently see a clear cut name.

Thanks for putting that together @Zeek Its been moving so fast, I was wondering exactly what we had from the portal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Looks like we could be bringing in 2 complete offensive lines.  We got 2 guards, 2 tackles, and a center from high school - that's one unit.  From the portal so far we have 2 tackles and a center.  If we can get the Baylor guy then that's 4 transfer starters from the portal plus Wright...a heck of an OL upgrade.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chaotic_zx said:

giphy.gif

It’s amazing the difference a staff can make 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

It’s amazing the difference a (committed) staff can make 

fify 😝 We had a staff before, they were just out of touch with reality or something.

Edited by toddc

On QB, if we don't sign a player prior to spring, would any portal grab after spring practice likely just be depth? It's hard for me to see us having a reliable SEC ready QB on our current roster, but it just may really be to competitive/expensive for what's out there. I don't know. 

On the whole, Freeze has outperformed my expectations with his recruiting. I'm excited to see what he can do with it this season. 

Edited by aucom96
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aucom96 said:

On QB, if we don't sign a player prior to spring, would any portal grab after spring practice likely just be depth? It's hard for me to see us having a reliable SEC ready QB on our current roster, but it just may really be to competitive/expensive for what's out there. I don't know. 

On the whole, Freeze has outperformed my expectations with his recruiting. I'm excited to see what he can do with it this season. 

If we sign a transfer portal QB I expect them to be our starter. We will see.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, casatiger said:

Are we at 85 yet?  Have to be close I would think, but also understand that there will be more movement between now and the Summer.  

Auburn beat reporter Green says we're at 83 right now. Normally a few more would drop out after spring practice. (look at auburnfifty's post titled 1/10/23 on the main football forum. It's the third article down.)

Edited by Mikey