TJ Finley Returns to Team

toddc

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Why did you omit Stidham and Bo Nix? They have talent. Oh wait, I know why. Never mind.

Because you would be a moron to try to say a QB that can't complete a pass 10 yards consistently is a great QB

• Dislike 2

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Bo is a good to great QB. Check his performance at Oregon this past season. The claim was made that we haven't had a talented QB. Bo Nix is undeniably talented,

What?

• Like 1

Stidham was a very good QB in 2017 (when the OL was still adequate).  Once Braden Smith went pro after 2017, the offensive line steadily declined to the point that we've had to practically rebuild from scratch in one year.  Stidham looked like a different QB in 2018 because the running game was weaker and the O-line was weaker than in 2017.

Bo was at best an average QB during his time at AU.  Despite the stats, his highlights are primarily the 2019 Iron Bowl and 2021 win in Baton Rouge.  Beyond these two games, I mainly remember numerous pass attempts hitting the ground in front of the intended receiver.  I'm not sure how much of his errant passing can be attributed to having to run for his life on each play as the O-line broke down.  We looked terrible against thUGA during the Bo Nix years because they dominated both lines of scrimmage.

• Like 1

The fact remains that other than Bo, who was a legacy and that is the only reason he went to AU, we have not had a proven HS (4* across the board) QB in well over a decade. The HS guys that we brought in were always fringe guys that maybe “could” develop that nobody else really wanted… and none of them panned out. 

HF has only been here 2 months and he is trying to find a QB. In the meantime, our focus needs to be landing kids like Walker White and Air Noland, and other very good proven HS quarterbacks.

We need to get top QBs coming to AU out of HS. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Because you would be a moron to try to say a QB that can't complete a pass 10 yards consistently is a great QB

It would take a moron to say Nix and Stidham couldn't consistently complete a ten yard pass.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have no problem with stidham. I've actually seen you post negative stuff about him.....Why did you speak ill of him? 

Bo didn't have one year here where he was a consistent passer. Everybody on here knows Bo was horrible pushing the ball down field. And if anybody is honest with themselves he wasn't anything compared to the recent 5 stars that came out around his time. 

People on here at one time tried comparing him to the QB at Jacksonville that just won his playoff game and people said he was better than the Chicago bears QB........he's not on that level at all.

He wasn't the best in the sec but he seems to be able to be productive at lower tier talent conference. For whatever reason he couldn't lead that team to the playoffs and his team blows all the other teams away in talent.....Maybe he'll be able to next year. He lost the QB friendly offense leader though so who knows.

You have always pointed out when guys leave here that they have to because they couldn't compete at the highest level......So I'm sure you thought the same with Bo

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I have no problem with stidham. I've actually seen you post negative stuff about him.....Why did you speak ill of him? 

Refresh my memory and post a link to where I spoke ill of Stidham. I call BS.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You have always pointed out when guys leave here that they have to because they couldn't compete at the highest level......So I'm sure you thought the same with Bo

You should stop being sure. Nix left because of Harsin. So did 19 other players, several of whom played major roles at their new schools. Bo Nix is simply the poster guy for big success after leaving Harsin. Bo will be on the pre season Heisman lists this coming summer, so brace yourself for that.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Refresh my memory and post a link to where I spoke ill of Stidham. I call BS.

You should stop being sure. Nix left because of Harsin. So did 19 other players, several of whom played major roles at their new schools. Bo Nix is simply the poster guy for big success after leaving Harsin. Bo will be on the pre season Heisman lists this coming summer, so brace yourself for that.

No I'm not refreshing anything, I know when he didn't play well his second year you threw him under the bus to deflect Gus coaching.

I could care less about Bo being in heisman talks....hopefully he doesn't have to play uga because Lord knows he could play them 10 times and still not make 3 good plays. 

There's not a QB with an easier path than Bo had these last 2 years.

I'd like to see him become the QB you pretend he is one day. It's funny how you hated and didn't want fields, you hated and didn't want gatewood, you hated and didn't want Jackson when there was talk of him coming, you didn't want Willis.....But Bo! Bo is the QB that Mikey will speak good about. All these years. Him and Sean White 🤣🤔

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

All these years. Him and Sean White 🤣🤔

You forgot to add basketball player Justin Powell to your personal hate list. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=basketball+player+justin+powell

White, Nix, Powell. That's your top three guys. I assume there are more but those three suffice.

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You forgot to add basketball player Justin Powell to your personal hate list. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=basketball+player+justin+powell

White, Nix, Powell. That's your top three guys. I assume there are more but those three suffice.

Hate list? Saying he's not a pro and pointing out how he's not an sec point is hate? Oh ok. 

Where is he playing now? What did I say about Powell that wasn't true? I know it really made you mad though didn't it? 

I don't see you taking up for the other guards I talk about like you do him though for some reason...

The same for Finely, you don't bring up the o line he played with or him playing for Harsin.....

And you lied about white. I was going at Gus

Edited by cole256
  • Facepalm 1

Don't forget all my other takes either. How people hate me for critiquing Bryce Brown, Jared Harper , Samir, and sharife. 

Don't forget me pointing out the best guards like suggs, morant, Garland, ball. See the difference between me and you is I'm consistent. I'm though on QB's, I'm tough on guards. 

You seem to pick and choose using whatever metrics you decide to use of course 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nix had a great 2022.  The numbers don't lie.  

• 72% completion rate
  • 29 TD's  /  7 INT's (PASSING)
  • 14 TD's (RUSHING)
  • 1 TD (RECEIVING)
  • 3600 yards (PASSING)
  • 510 yards (RUSHING)
CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
294 409 71.9 3,593 8.8 29 7 67 165.7
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

That's accurate.  He never had a good or great season at Auburn.  He was average at best his 3rd year, which was his best year.  Nearly benched/losing his starting job/had us losing to Ga effing State if people don't recall.  His "amazing" LSU game he completed like 52% of his passes.  IDK why he gets so much praise that game

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BornAU76 said:

• 72% completion rate
  • 29 TD's  /  7 INT's (PASSING)
  • 14 TD's (RUSHING)
  • 1 TD (RECEIVING)
  • 3600 yards (PASSING)
  • 510 yards (RUSHING)
CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
294 409 71.9 3,593 8.8 29 7 67 165.7

And I expect even better next year. Oregon is lucky to have him. Great fit for both parties.

• Like 4

What really stinks is that we now have to live with the same crap that we lived with over the last year on this Auburn message board when it comes to QBs. 

We have the same QB cast for spring practice, all of whom either under-performed or did not play this past year, which means there is going to be a lot of arguing. 

Bo Nix is coming back which means we get to watch how great he is at Oregon( and frankly he has been great at Oregon). More arguing. 

Here we go again 

And what stinks is that every AU message board is having this same argument right now. 

Edited by gr82b4au

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That's accurate.  He never had a good or great season at Auburn.  He was average at best his 3rd year, which was his best year.  Nearly benched/losing his starting job/had us losing to Ga effing State if people don't recall.  His "amazing" LSU game he completed like 52% of his passes.  IDK why he gets so much praise that game

Dis why:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Dis why:

He made 1 good play in an otherwise bad performance & is heralded as amazing.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He made 1 good play in an otherwise bad performance & is heralded as amazing.

If you win, nobody remembers the bad plays if you had a good play like that one. And also it was the first time beating LSU at home on a while. So the lore overshadows the numbers.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If you win, nobody remembers the bad plays if you had a good play like that one. And also it was the first time beating LSU at home on a while. So the lore overshadows the numbers.

At least we can admit he wasn't good that game, regardless of the outcome/circumstances 

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

What really stinks is that we now have to live with the same crap that we lived with over the last year on this Auburn message board when it comes to QBs. 

We have the same QB cast for spring practice, all of whom either under-performed or did not play this past year, which means there is going to be a lot of arguing. 

Bo Nix is coming back which means we get to watch how great he is at Oregon( and frankly he has been great at Oregon). More arguing. 

Here we go again 

And what stinks is that every AU message board is having this same argument right now. 

Georgia Bulldogs don't think he is so great.

It's so stupid to be arguing about Bo. When Ashford or Finley go play for Jax st or whatever that does what for Auburn? 

Beating your chest at how he played awesome against Arizona is hilarious. They are the only team in that conference that even recruits at a high level. It's nothing to brag about. If he was a great QB why did they play North Carolina in a bowl and still barely won that? 

Cool he had a good year once he left the sec defenses. Great. He was so great but not a nfl prospect. Ok

He won't ever be as good as people on here claimed him to be

We will get to see him without the QB friendly offense though. That will be interesting but if they don't win that conference...

It's hilarious also because if it's anybody else people talk about things like being on a stacked team and all of that. Look up Willis right now and see how many people talk about him doing it at liberty

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

Did Bo Nix take some lunch money from some of y’all (sarcasm) Although not elite he was the best HS QB I have seen Auburn sign in forever.  A lot of his struggles should and could be attributed to coaching, I mean he had Gus and Harsin, two coaches who ain’t really known for QB development. Could he have been better no doubt he could have been but so could have every other player under Gus/Harsin. He had some highs and lows here, and seems to be doing better up at Oregon. I curious to see how he progresses during his last season. Had good but not great Auburn tenure, wish he could have came here under different circumstances.

• Like 1

I don't even know why we are talking about Bo....well yes I do but anyway

Nobody can deny this, if Freeze messes around and make one of the QB's on this roster actually good......He should be regarded as a QB savant for the rest of his career

• Like 1