TJ Finley Returns to Team

toddc

7 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

Georgia Bulldogs don't think he is so great.

They made Max Duggan look like Chandler Morris and reduced the then-heisman favorite, Hendon Hooker, into a complete negative, frankly. That’s 2 heisman favorites who murdered other top 6 teams that were completely hapless. Even an OSU that had UGA on the ropes was pretty much on life support after the dirty bastards knocked out the best WR in football. And Egbuka/Fleming aren’t slouches either 

It’s honestly more worthwhile to believe whole heartedly that the Bo who played against fairly easy defenses most weeks last year is the real Bo, in comparison to the buzzsaw he played in Atlanta. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Bo Nix is Jake Plummer...prove me wrong

Sooo. You think Bo will spend ten years as a starter in the NFL?

Will he begin a strict medicinal mushroom regimen while in the NFL, or after retiring?

Inquiring minds want to know.

41 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Sooo. You think Bo will spend ten years as a starter in the NFL?

Will he begin a strict medicinal mushroom regimen while in the NFL, or after retiring?

Inquiring minds want to know.

If he played at the same time, yes.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

they loved 60% comp QB back in the day

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Gabe Gross would have thrived in those years in the NFL. But he decided on baseball, and we saw how well that decision played out for him.  🤦‍♂️

11 hours ago, hikerdns said:

Gabe Gross would have thrived in those years in the NFL. But he decided on baseball, and we saw how well that decision played out for him.  🤦‍♂️

Gabe Gross and Frank Thomas: Those are two guys that were decent football players but great baseball players. Both made the correct decision.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Gabe Gross and Frank Thomas: Those are two guys that were decent football players but great baseball players. Both made the correct decision.

You never saw Frank on the football field, huh?

I would rate him way above decent. And that was just from practice!

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 11:30 AM, WillMunny said:

I imagine that Freeze could have denied TJ's return to the team and given his scholarship to someone else, if he felt TJ quit on the team last year.

On the other hand, I wonder if allowing TJ to return has anything to do with Freeze's failure to sign a good transfer QB.

Great point. As of now, 513pm 1/19/23,  Kiffin also just signed the Sanders kid from OK State. Many weren’t high on him, but he damn sure was no worse than the current QB’s we have now, that saw the field. As I stated in another post, QB is the biggest position on the field. While HF has done very well securing and stockpiling other areas of need, this position has been poorly recruited. I hope he has a grand plan. We will see after Spring practice I guess. 

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Great point. As of now, 513pm 1/19/23,  Kiffin also just signed the Sanders kid from OK State. Many weren’t high on him, but he damn sure was no worse than the current QB’s we have now, that saw the field. As I stated in another post, QB is the biggest position on the field. While HF has done very well securing and stockpiling other areas of need, this position has been poorly recruited. I hope he has a grand plan. We will see after Spring practice I guess. 

Yeah, I'm (almost) certain we would have gotten a top-tier transfer QB if it weren't for his academic troubles.  I can't remember the kid's name, but once we missed out on him, we continued to strike out with other transfer QBs.  To their detriment.

I think Freeze is the real deal, and is a great QB coach and developer.  I feel sorry for any QB who turns us down.  They will regret it one day when Freeze shows them what they could have been at AU.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

we continued to strike out with other transfer QBs.

I’m not sure we have enough information to know if we struck out or if Hugh just has other plans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

To me, his plan is all in on Robby. 

7 hours ago, CCTAU said:

You never saw Frank on the football field, huh?

I saw him in games. Solid but not all that impressive. Biggest TE we had, might have been moved to interior line had he kept playing football.

• Facepalm 1

58 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I saw him in games. Solid but not all that impressive. Biggest TE we had, might have been moved to interior line had he kept playing football.

Yeah. You are wrong.

Frank would have easily played pro football. Having been next to him daily on the practice field, his skills were off the chart. Dye was in no way stupid enough to try and make him an OL.

Ran smooth routes and corralled the ball as well as any WR we had at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m not sure we have enough information to know if we struck out or if Hugh just has other plans. 

We do and he hasn't. 

After McCall, there hasn't been a QB that we've truly pursued.  We've made inquiries and received a lot of interest from others but CHF is being very judicious in this pursuit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Yeah. You are wrong.

Frank would have easily played pro football. Having been next to him daily on the practice field, his skills were off the chart. Dye was in no way stupid enough to try and make him an OL.

Ran smooth routes and corralled the ball as well as any WR we had at the time. 

It's like people saying TJ could move to TE.

Slow and stiff aren't necessarily the attributes you want from that position. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

might have been moved to interior line had he kept playing football.

That is the dumbest observation Dye would have never moved him to OL. Frank had the softest hands ran great routes as any receiver we had even as a freshman. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's like people saying TJ could move to TE.

Slow and stiff aren't necessarily the attributes you want from that position. 

No way Finleybcould make it at tight end.  Tall and big are his only attributes. Bird do you see him transferring  down to lesser school when he graduates to Quarterback ?

30 minutes ago, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

No way Finleybcould make it at tight end.  Tall and big are his only attributes. Bird do you see him transferring  down to lesser school when he graduates to Quarterback ?

I'm not sure he knows