Kentucky Transfer DT Justin Rogers commits to AU

Maverick.AU

BREAKING: Top transfer DT Justin Rogers commits to Auburn

5 minutes ago

One of the top defensive tackles in the transfer portal, Justin Rogers, is headed to the Plains.

LSU and Alabama were also involved in Rogers' transfer recruitment, but the former Kentucky Wildcat will spend his final two years of eligibility at Auburn. Rogers visited Auburn on Saturday and Sunday this past weekend.

He saw all he needed to see during his Auburn visit.

"The environment and the coaching staff," Rogers said on choosing Auburn. "It’s a small college town and that’s one thing I want — I want a real life college town, no city. This is all college."

Rogers quickly built up a relationship with Auburn defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett, who is establishing himself quickly as one of Auburn's top recruiters.

"That’s my guy," Rogers said. "Funny guy. I feel like he can coach me in the SEC West. That’s what I’m looking for, a great coach that can push me to get to the next level."

Listed by Kentucky as 6-foot-3, 332 pounds, Rogers said after his visit that Auburn is recruiting him as a 2i and mostly inside guy.

Arriving at Kentucky as an offensive lineman and making the move over to the defensive line, Rogers appeared in five games in 2020 and eight games in 2021. In the 2022 season Rogers played in 13 games and finished the year with 35 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss and half a sack. He has 61 career tackles, five tackles for loss and three sacks.

"Oh yeah definitely, I want to be that person they can depend on and get into ballgames and say ‘Oh we need Justin out there, let’s get him out there,'" Rogers said.

4COMMENTS

In the Class of 2020, Rogers was the No. 52 overall player and is originally from Oak Park, Michigan.

Rogers marks addition No. 11 for Auburn in the transfer portal, as the Tigers continue to climb to the top of the 247Sports transfer portal team rankings. On the defensive line, Rogers is addition No. 4, joining Lawrence Johnson and Mosiah Nasili-Kite on the inside, with former Vanderbilt edge Elijah McAllister added as an outside rusher.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

i read this on reddit was was going to post but too late. a lot of folks are saying he is our number one recruit thus far. is it true?

Look who he tagged in his commitment post!!!! 👀👀

2A640384-DF7F-4C29-9B22-7764089FD8A0.png

• Like 2

Link won’t work so I will screenshot it! 

03BEA23B-7E52-48C5-BA53-193D3B7A3DF2.png

• Like 1

HELL YES! Not going to lie, I was a nega-barner initially. Usually when I hear "everyone thinks we are going to get this guy" it sends immediate red flags. Happy the good guys got him!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Like 3

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

And yet specific posters were mocking him for being a Liberty guy. CHF biggest talent is having an eye for young coaches.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Just now, DAG said:

And yet specific posters were mocking him for being a Liberty guy. CHF biggest talent is having an eye for young coaches.

272DEE48-1AE4-4DF0-B314-A4C6C47FE63B.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Haha 6

Btw this dude is a former 5 star recruit from high school!!! 

17F58106-F483-4676-80EF-A45F3101C6B1.png

• Like 2

Hell yeah! I wonder if this will bump us up more on the 247 and ON3 transfer portal team rankings. 

Just now, CT Tiger said:

Hell yeah! I wonder if this will bump us up more on the 247 and ON3 transfer portal team rankings. 

11B67780-066B-49C3-A243-5054F597F66C.gif

• Haha 2

0B1CEDF7-EBE2-49C6-A785-84F784C0F1C2.gif

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Those same posters seem to have disappeared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is truly unbelievable what this coaching staff has done.   I'll admit I was skeptical.   I rotated between Kiffen, and Sanders.   Freeze was 4th on my list.   I was WRONG.   This dude and his staff can flat bring it.   I can't wait to see what they can do with a whole year to recruit in.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3