Kentucky Transfer DT Justin Rogers commits to AU

Maverick.AU

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

And yet specific posters were mocking him for being a Liberty guy. CHF biggest talent is having an eye for young coaches.

There are a lot of people that have no idea what they are talking about but still talk and act like they're right. Every time we get one of these recruiting wins I think about those two or three posters that were like, "Do you know how easy it's gonna be to negatively recruit against Freeze?

But beyond that, I'm absolutely thrilled at what Freeze and his staff have accomplished. I felt like we could recruit, but I never saw it at this level for this year

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Potatooooooes!! said:

There are a lot of people that have no idea what they are talking about but still talk and act like they're right. Every time we get one of these recruiting wins I think about those two or three posters that were like, "Do you know how easy it's gonna be to negatively recruit against Freeze?

But beyond that, I'm absolutely thrilled at what Freeze and his staff have accomplished. I felt like we could recruit, but I never saw it at this level for this year

Yeah I agree. The recruiting thing was the biggest hurdle for me. I am not nearly as worried about Xs and Os.

• Like 4

Yep. I was one who thought about the negative recruiting. That’s why I am a fan and not a person in position to make decisions for Auburn. But the I was right, you were wrong in every thread is annoying at best to those who were not on the CHF bandwagon. Just let the past be the past.
I for one have been very impressed with CHF, the staff and the way he is filling holes in the roster

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

We are now doing some big time recruiting! Let me see the high school class next year, but it is looking like we have a strong recruiting staff. Let me rephrase that-we have a strong recruiting staff, let us see how great they can be! 

• Thanks 1

Huge in more ways than one!  Hugh and staff are doing an amazing job rebuilding the roster after the mess that was created over the last few years!  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This is why BHF was at the top of my list. I remember when he was reeling in big fish to Ole Miss. I don't care if he used hookers or not, bringing talent like he did to Ole Miss is a remarkable achievement regardless. Not like every school didn't do their share of dirty. 

Also, as @DAG said, finding elite young coaches and hidden gems is one of, if not, his best skills as a coach. 

Strap in fans....its only going to get better from here! Going to be a fun ride.

Cannot wait to see that 24 class. 

• Love 2

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Look who he tagged in his commitment post!!!! 👀👀

2A640384-DF7F-4C29-9B22-7764089FD8A0.png

Which one of these is not like the other haha. 

• Haha 1

How does it feel to land a top defensive lineman that Alabama was actively recruiting?

It feels pretty darn good! 🎉🎆🤣👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i read this on reddit was was going to post but too late. a lot of folks are saying he is our number one recruit thus far. is it true?

I think it's true for the portal guys. A couple of the high school guys could be argued for as the top recruit.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sizzle said:

This staff is building inside out. They understand the game is won in the trenches. I like it

If my arithmetic is correct for the combined number of recruits and transfers, that's 8 OL & 10 DL.  That's just astounding in two ways:  1) that AU was that depleted in both OL/DL to start with, and 2) that the numbers were made up in one recruiting season before the Feb signing day.    

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Looks like this bumped us up to #2 on On3's Transfer Portal Team Rankings! Still at #4 on 247's though. Either way... top 5 on each site's. 

Lane who? So much for that king of the transfer portal mumbo jumbo we kept hearing about back in November.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1