Yesterday's tornadoes

bigbird

Had lots of friends and loved ones affected by the tornado producing storms in tallapoosa county as well as coffee/Dale/barbour counties. So thankful everyone is safe but I will be getting out today to help several I know with significant damage. It was a scary situation in south Alabama as well, even though it’s not getting the same media coverage since it was in more rural areas. Still know several with damage to homes and other structures. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Had lots of friends and loved ones affected by the tornado producing storms in tallapoosa county as well as coffee/Dale/barbour counties. So thankful everyone is safe but I will be getting out today to help several I know with significant damage. It was a scary situation in south Alabama as well, even though it’s not getting the same media coverage since it was in more rural areas. Still know several with damage to homes and other structures. 

Hate to hear it.  Let us know if we can help

Selma got a beating.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, toddc said:

Selma got a beating.

It sure did. Almost got picked up by it myself 

It passed six miles north of us. I stood on the front porch and could see and hear the lightening and thunder. No damage here, just some porch furniture moved around a little by Mother Nature.

• Like 1

I have a coworker who lives in rural Autauga County who saw it and in his words "bout soiled himself."  He lives a few miles away from the site where the fatalites occurred.  We all  telework and we were telling him to get downstairs and hunker down.   He survived a tornado back in 2011 in the same area.  It's amazing that there wern't any serious injuries at that day care in Selma where 70 kids were.  God was watching over them.  On days like Thursday, everyone needs to be weather aware.  There are too many excellent phone apps for anyone to be caught unaware.

• Like 1

I grew up near Selma. Been a long time moved away but my extended family still do business there. My cousin worked at an auto shop there on 14. They heard the tornado coming and went to the small back room in shop. That was the only room still standing after going through.

Don't know if y'all saw these pics but got these from a storm chaser in the area. 

I watch Ryan Hall Y'all on YouTube during outbreak as he's dedicated to giving a much warning as possible 

20230112_131958.jpg

20230112_132436.jpg

20230112_133710.jpg

20230112_134158.jpg

• Thanks 1

Oh and Ryan Hall uses any money that is used or donated on his website to pool together and support communities hit by storms. They are in Selma buying generators and supplies for officials to use.  Using that money.