Men vs Miss State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Refs are 100% the reason that game was as close as it was. War Eagle. 

Nah, the game was close because State outplayed us in every phase of the game except field goal percentage. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Hint. You can run the baseline AFTER a made FG or FT......

Ding ding ding!!! Elementary my dear Watson!

• Haha 1

Btw. We had a season high in threes.

Miss state was 0-18 from three tonight!!!! And only a 6 point win. 

6 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I bet AF has a double double in points and turnovers

Close. 10 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 7 turnovers. Cut the turnovers by 4 or 5 , he'll be fine. Don't understand the statue like inbounds in the final seconds, though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Close. 10 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 7 turnovers. Cut the turnovers by 4 or 5 , he'll be fine. Don't understand the statue like inbounds in the final seconds, though.

He stepped out of bounds with the ball at least twice to turn it over. How do you do that? Thank God he’s just a senior and he can learn to play under control. Yeah, right🤮

40 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

His scoring has finally come back- but his passing is almost impossibly bad. And one step-out-of-bounds per game, but tonight he had two. 

• Like 1

The PF usually inbounds for us, at least after made baskets. It's part of the system. Flan had a good game but IQ being one of his weak points cost us inbounding late. I was not sober during the game lol so I'm not 100% sure if he slid over to the 4 once Jaylin fouled out but I think he did because Berman came in while Zep and Wendell were also in the lineup. Glad we survived that one but to be honest having that many turnovers is a recipe for disaster. We got REALLLLLY lucky Miss State went 0-everything from 3. That is unheard of

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

@Maverick.AU doesn't need to do pbp. Just start the thread lol. 

Amen!!!! That’s all we ask!! 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

The PF usually inbounds for us, at least after made baskets. It's part of the system. Flan had a good game but IQ being one of his weak points cost us inbounding late. I was not sober during the game lol so I'm not 100% sure if he slid over to the 4 once Jaylin fouled out but I think he did because Berman came in while Zep and Wendell were also in the lineup. Glad we survived that one but to be honest having that many turnovers is a recipe for disaster. We got REALLLLLY lucky Miss State went 0-everything from 3. That is unheard of

Flan had a good game!? Based on what!? Didn’t he have 7 turnovers this game!? The rest of his output was not good enough to erase that fam! 😅😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Flan had a good game!? Based on what!? Didn’t he have 7 turnovers this game!? The rest of his output was not good enough to erase that fam! 😅😆

Bro any time he doesn't have 4 charges called on him is a good game LOL

• Haha 2

From my viewpoint, we got whipped in every phase except 3 point shooting and a three minute takeover of the game by Wendell Green. Glad AU won but unless Coach Pearl continues to pull rabbits out of his hat there are some dark days on the horizon.

• Like 2

Team needs some of the tooled players to become contributers. Broome heat up. Flan clean up the list of turnover varieties he checks every game. Dillon chill out with the crowd-calls and pointless fouls away from the ball. 

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

From my viewpoint, we got whipped in every phase except 3 point shooting and a three minute takeover of the game by Wendell Green. Glad AU won but unless Coach Pearl continues to pull rabbits out of his hat there are some dark days on the horizon.

Yep.

We have a decent team this year.  We'll win more games than we lose, may keep the home winning steak alive, will win a couple games in the SEC Tourney, and one in the NCAA Tourney. 

It'll be a decent season.

• Like 1

Imo… at this point… our season goes as Broome goes.  Everyone else is who they are.  If Broome has a better game last night on O and D, the game is more positive.  Also shows the calming effects that Chris Moore provides.

btw I’m pretty sure we had 3 fouls in the first half and ended with 22.  How is that possible?!  6 total fouls on both teams became 36 at games end.  I did not perceive the players on either team to be doing anything differently.

Edited by mustache eagle
  • Like 2

Well I paid $110 for two tickets (me and my wife) plus pop corn and drink to watch this sloppy game. At the end I was drained and thought I could have watched it at home on TV for free. Such is the case quite often these days for an Auburn BB fan:cheers:

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Dislike 1