LB Austin Keys Commits to Auburn

toddc

• toddc changed the title to LB Austin Keys Commits to Auburn

A85C2926-D18B-4CA2-8A73-2A476F3F876A.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We're most likely taking 2 of the 4 LBs.  Keys is the first. I don't know who the 2nd will be.

I know Nick Jackson,  but cant remember the other 2.  Can ya help me out?

6 minutes ago, AUDaddio said:

The only thing that will make me more excited about all these transfers is if we can have the same success in the H.S. ranks.

I agree,   but

high school recruits seem to be more long term relationship oriented.     

It may take a year before we get more than just our foot in the door.  I suspect we will do pretty good this year anyway. 

The portal recruiting will be hard to match with just a few months of relations with the high school recruits.  

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I think the only other two besides Jackson that we might be interested in are Marshall (Georgia) and Spreights (Oregon St.)  Am I wrong Mods?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Our fourth transfer from an SEC school this cycle. They’re stopgap solutions but at least they’re a solution. This plus Token adds much needed depth to the LBs.

If we can win 8-9 the high school kids will come too 

2 SEC line backers and they have 2 and 3 years of eligibility 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

The coaching staff is definitely getting much needed depth. He’s more of a bigger LB and those types are still useful but not like they used to be. LB’s gotta be able to run sideline to sideline now 

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

The coaching staff is definitely getting much needed depth. He’s more of a bigger LB and those types are still useful but not like they used to be. LB’s gotta be able to run sideline to sideline now 

Not in the middle , IMO. We got killed by runs up the gut the last few years. Our middle lb needs to make tackles in front of him, not 5-6 yards down the field. I'll take the thumper in the middle every time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Not in the middle , IMO. We got killed by runs up the gut the last few years. Our middle lb needs to make tackles in front of him, not 5-6 yards down the field. I'll take the thumper in the middle every time. 

I am in violent agreement with this....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

OreSt 

UVA 

UGA

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AUDaddio said:

The only thing that will make me more excited about all these transfers is if we can have the same success in the H.S. ranks.

These days the high school recruiting is about all wrapped up in December. You and all the rest of us will have to wait until early signing day in December of 2023 to see how well we do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

I felt this!!!! Today def was a sit down in the recliner. Kick back and watch some golden girls until the AU basketball game kind of night!!! 😆😁

• Thanks 1