2024 4* QB Walker White Commits to AU!

gr82b4au

He is on campus today. Unofficial visit. 
Imo it is obvious that this is the main quarterback that HF wants. When the dead period ended earlier this week, he showed up on the first day in Arkansas waiting to talk to him before anyone else. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I love his game. We need to lock him down ASAP

Agreed. I wish he would commit, but he has five visits set up over the next month with just about every elite program there is…

we really really really need this one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Agreed. I wish he would commit, but he has five visits set up over the next month with just about every elite program there is…

we really really really need this one

If he’s plan A, I think Air Noland is a really nice plan B!   I would be very happy with either! (and others have said, the Langston Hughes connection is another plus for AN!!!).  I would be down right giddy with both!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

He or Air would be phenomenal. However, if all things are equal you take Noland because of the HS and the HS connection/relations.

I think White has a better ball but Air is no slouch

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

One site says there is a family tie to Arkansas. WHo is the family connection? Sounds like it might be hard to pull from Arky. But early playing time is huge. 

Multiple siblings and family members have played in various sports for Arky.  Think I remember reading his brother played baseball there?  But that doesn’t seem to be affecting him at all.  Also, they are about to lose Briles and Pittman had a pretty hard time hiring a new DC….might be the same getting another OC the level of Briles.  

Here you go:  John David White, a former walk-on wide receiver at Arkansas and Zac White, a former baseball player for the Razorbacks, are the older brothers of Walker White. He also has a great-grandfather, grandfather and uncle who played football for the Razorbacks, while his dad was a golfer at Arkansas. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Thanks 2

You can't go wrong with him or Noland. I prefer Noland however just because I don't trust Arkansas competition level. It is shaky best.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DAG said:

You can't go wrong with him or Noland. I prefer Noland however just because I don't trust Arkansas competition level. It is shaky best.

I think the coach really wants WW first. This has been the one he’s been targeting since he got here. 
I have heard very little, if anything, on us recruiting Air since HF was hired. Did Harsin burn those AU bridges? Not sure. 
Anyone know? Everything I have read has been about Hugh going after this kid. 

4 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Multiple siblings and family members have played in various sports for Arky.  Think I remember reading his brother played baseball there?  But that doesn’t seem to be affecting him at all.  Also, they are about to lose Briles and Pittman had a pretty hard time hiring a new DC….might be the same getting another OC the level of Briles.  

Here you go:  John David White, a former walk-on wide receiver at Arkansas and Zac White, a former baseball player for the Razorbacks, are the older brothers of Walker White. He also has a great-grandfather, grandfather and uncle who played football for the Razorbacks, while his dad was a golfer at Arkansas. 

Thanks for the info.   Holy Cow that’s a lot of Razorback we’d have to wash off of him!!!!

From another board: Walker white was the first 2024 recruit that Freeze contacted and met in person. He’s def number 1 on their board.

also there is some debate on whether we are going after Noland at all…

anyone know if Noland was invited to jr day? 

Gave his visit a 10 out of 10 & bonded greatly with Freeze. Wants to come back for a Spring practice. All per On3.

• Like 3

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* QB Walker White
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gave his visit a 10 out of 10 & bonded greatly with Freeze. Wants to come back for a Spring practice. All per On3.

Yep.

Got a text that said, "They nailed it"

• Like 6
  • Love 3

We have had another Walker come to the Plains that had a rich tradition at another SEC school. Except it was UGA.

If he can come in and have the impact Walker Kessler had, I am all for Walker White.  Point is AU can overcome deep bloodlines.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

ave heard very little, if anything, on us recruiting Air since HF was hired. Did Harsin burn those AU bridges? Not sure. 
Anyone know? Everything I have read has been about Hugh going after this kid.

He's scheduled for one of our really big junior days 

• Like 2

White seems like he has a better throwing motion. Nolan seems to shot put the ball a little bit.  

Both seem like good athletes

11 hours ago, Butthead said:

Heisenberg

Gesundheit!

• Haha 6

With White it seemed like Ole Miss was in the driver’s seat, but I have read a few places that how Lane handled the end of the season really soured the Whites on him. 

Not saying Arkansas isn’t a factor but the family ties to there do not seem to be super important to him.  He’s getting a lot better offers than Arkansas.  Clemson might be our biggest competition especially since they just hired Riley.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

He or Air would be phenomenal. However, if all things are equal you take Noland because of the HS and the HS connection/relations.

I think White has a better ball but Air is no slouch

It's mostly a gut feeling but I think Air would be phenomenal in Freeze's offense.

• Like 3