2024 4* QB Walker White Commits to AU!

gr82b4au

4 hours ago, RunInRed said:

LET HIM COOK

And keep giving him money to get all the best and freshest ingredients.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Recruits WW listed

IMG_3480.jpg

Hate to ask but do we know if AU wants them? Haven't looked at the 2024 class much yet.

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not at Auburn they haven't and that is where it matters the most. 

No but the point is they have a strong track record with QBs so they aren't some Joe Schmo newbies. Just because they are at new jobs doesn't mean their long history of QB success fades to dust. It carries a lot of initial weight with QB recruits as we saw today. Now they have to keep it going by developing QBs her as they have elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Rednilla In general it's the New York style swag of making big blinging moves.

Ah, now that makes sense, because the Yanks are the kings of pulling that kind of thing. And considering they've won close to three times as many World Series championships as any other team in baseball, I suppose it's worked out alright for them.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No but the point is they have a strong track record with QBs so they aren't some Joe Schmo newbies. Just because they are at new jobs doesn't mean their long history of QB success fades to dust. It carries a lot of initial weight with QB recruits as we saw today. Now they have to keep it going by developing QBs her as they have elsewhere.

I like how literally everyone except you got my point. But you keep on being you. Don't EVER change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

A Ted Ryder BB gun as well?

Yes, I have the Red Ryder BB gun, complete with box. Also several hundred baseball cards from 1954-1957. None of them damaged. Grandma ran a tight ship. My buddies pasted their cards into scrap books. I was forced to use art corners so as to not ruin the cards. I was mad at the time but 50 years later, well, thanks Grandma.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not at Auburn they haven't and that is where it matters the most. 

Good point. Just imagine when Danny Hugh starts getting some W's this fall. 24 class could  be special 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DAG Sorry. It just hit me that I'm being too analytical. Most of time I can't just turn it off so if you notice it please let me know I'm being to analytical so I don't go down a long pointless slope like I just did. TIA.

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Good point. Just imagine when Danny Hugh starts getting some W's this fall. 24 class could  be special 

Yep. We beat clemson but we start actually producing on the field and we can also start beating the UGAs and Bama of the world. Let's not kidd ourselves, this is great for Auburn, but like Gus, if it doesn't cultivate to wins, we are back in that vicious cycle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yep. We beat clemson but we start actually producing on the field and we can also start beating the UGAs and Bama of the world. Let's not kidd ourselves, this is great for Auburn, but like Gus, if it doesn't cultivate to wins, we are back in that vicious cycle. 

This feels different than the Gus years. Maybe because we been stuck in the abyss so long. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This feels different than the Gus years. Maybe because we been stuck in the abyss so long. 

Yes, that and Freeze cares about offensive linemen 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, einatlanta said:

The optimism behind the scenes is more like an exhaustive all night party. Caddy's energy has not wained one bit.

Maybe that’s why Caddy got sick, he’s been going too hard

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree. I think CHF is a much better coach than Gus. I just want us to be conscious that we still need to produce on the field in a very tough SEC west. The coaches not only will have to recruit their asses off ( they proved it) , they are going to have to also be ready to win some games that they may not be favored in, which is seemingly a good many. I believe we can do it but I am going to enjoy the recruiting success we have and be cautiously optimistic otherwise.

I will say I still question if Freeze can take a program over the top.

I know damn sure he can rebuild programs . 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will say I still question if Freeze can take a program over the top.

Fair.

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

I know damn sure he can rebuild programs . 

And at least beat the biggest teams some times. Beat Saban twice. If he's as good at AU as he was at Ole Miss it could be on like Donkey Kong given the more resources available to him here than he had at Ole Miss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

Briles didn't give Walker the time of day and went after other QBs, Enos wanted him but got on him too late with only 2 weeks to recruit him.

He's probably one of the most polarizing topics on the Arkansas boards but he definitely has the frame and a high ceiling. Wish he went outside of the SEC lol

You know, I went on hogville and a few other boards wanting to learn more about WW as a player since he is from there, but the vast majority of the posts were about how Auburn is terrible, filthy, and full of cheaters. I get it that most Ark fans were not happy about him choosing Auburn, but wow. 

What is odd is that I don’t think most AU feels any animosity to Ark or their fans. I guess the Gus years really did a number on you guys. I was surprised by the hate. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Fair.

And at least beat the biggest teams some times. Beat Saban twice. If he's as good at AU as he was at Ole Miss it could be on like Donkey Kong given the more resources available to him here than he had at Ole Miss.

Yep that’s what give me some solace . He has proven to beat the best at a place where he doesn’t have nearly the same resources . I really do believe he will be the football version of Bruce Pearl 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

You know, I went on hogville and a few other boards wanting to learn more about WW as a player since he is from there, but the vast majority of the posts were about how Auburn is terrible, filthy, and full of cheaters. I get it that most Ark fans were not happy about him choosing Auburn, but wow. 

What is odd is that I don’t think most AU feels any animosity to Ark or their fans. I guess the Gus years really did a number on you guys. I was surprised by the hate. 

They’re still bitter their Arkansas golden boy Gus left Arkansas and came to Auburn. And then Bielema lived in his shadow. They worked us over good though in overspending on Gus. If anyone should be mad at anyone it should be Auburn fans mad at Arkansas and Sexton for fleecing us with Gus. But soon we’ll be back to waxing them and Ole Miss both regularly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes, I have the Red Ryder BB gun, complete with box. Also several hundred baseball cards from 1954-1957. None of them damaged. Grandma ran a tight ship. My buddies pasted their cards into scrap books. I was forced to use art corners so as to not ruin the cards. I was mad at the time but 50 years later, well, thanks Grandma.

Awesome story! Complete with box, would love to see it sometime!

Would also love to see your baseball cards. I would share mine, but it sounds like I’d be embarrassed at your collection compared to mine. I saved mine in an old cigar box, and my dad didn’t even smoke. I honestly don’t remember where I got that wooden cigar box.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hate to ask but do we know if AU wants them? Haven't looked at the 2024 class much yet.

We want Perry Thompson I know that.  He was one of the first 2024 commits I heard talked about when Freeze took over.  The staff has turned the heat up on him once they shifted to 2024….under Harsin probably no chance.  Bama commit so still going to be hard but Bama just hired Tommy Rees as OC and he’s not exactly a world beater…..and they were turned down publicly by others before they got to him….this isn’t the Bama of old, seems the perception could be changing some.  

https://247sports.com/player/perry-thompson-46118293/

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Love 1

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

• Love 1

• Love 1