2024 4* QB Walker White Commits to AU!

gr82b4au

2 hours ago, ken woolley said:

Butthead, please tell hoe the Heisenberg principle applies. I have thought and thought but cannot figure it out. 

That's quite the sentence right there

Niebuhr discussing Walker White and his visit. 

Interesting tidbit….he was supposed to visit Bama after Auburn, but did not go.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Niebuhr discussing Walker White and his visit. 

Interesting tidbit….he was supposed to visit Bama after Auburn, but did not go.  

They seem to think Clemson is the biggest threat with Dabo’s NIL of God.

One would think Ole Miss would be out of it with Walker Howard expected to take over in 2024.  White has a lot of relatives that attended Arkansas and several played sports.  Nonetheless I haven’t heard much about them being a factor.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dilligas said:

They seem to think Clemson is the biggest threat with Dabo’s NIL of God.

One would think Ole Miss would be out of it with Walker Howard expected to take over in 2024.  White has a lot of relatives that attended Arkansas and several played sports.  Nonetheless I haven’t heard much about them being a factor.

Arkansas just hired an OC/QBC...  Dan Enos.   I do not know if that will be a factor.

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Arkansas just hired an OC/QBC...  Dan Enos.   I do not know if that will be a factor.

Arkansas has had a pretty rough off season with their portal losses and high staff turnover…..I’m not sure they upgraded at any position either. Pittboss’s seat might flame if they struggle next season which I think they will. 

Also a lot of rumors that KJ Jefferson might follow Briles to TCU.    Enos’s stock as an OC has crashed over the past few years.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Arkansas has had a pretty rough off season with their portal losses and high staff turnover…..I’m not sure they upgraded at any position either. Pittboss’s seat might flame if they struggle next season which I think they will. 

Also a lot of rumors that KJ Jefferson might follow Briles to TCU.    Enos’s stock as an OC has crashed over the past few years.  

It was rumored that KJ was set to join Lane at AU if he had taken the job.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 1:40 PM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Dan Enos is back at Arkansas ? He is actually a good offensive mind 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

WW did not attend Tam Jr day. He went to Ark instead. 
Also according to 247 AU is not after Air. 

Very surprising to me. Air looks really good in his highlights.

• Like 2

From what I have read about Air Noland, he was ready to commit last spring and Harsin had him hold off and then let Posse commit IN FRONT OF Air.  Kinda crappy way to treat a kid. 

It does seem Freeze prefers White and he is the #1 but Air Noland would be a super nice consolation prize and also the Langston Hughes connection.  

I just felt bad for the guy after hearing how Harsin treated him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Very surprising to me. Air looks really good in his highlights.

I do too. But the staff really likes WW, the Merlinger? Kid, and others over Air according the 247. 
Maybe that bridge was burned forever thanks to Harsin. Who knows. 
Reading the comments by some of these recruits that recently visited just shows how bad Arson Harsin was at… everything. Recruits really disliked him and his staff and they mad a terrible impression on these kids and their families. 
It is going to take it a lot of work and time to turn this thing around. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Also according to 247 AU is not after Air.

That’s surprising.   He looks good to me, and we’ve got to develop that LHHS pipeline!!!   But, our coaching staff knows QBs, so I will trust their analysis.   And it could be that the previous coach completely burned that bridge.   🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

And it could be that the previous coach completely burned that bridge.

Never seen anything like the last staff at Auburn. Arrogant and useless comes to mind. The fact is that we did him and several others wrong, and even though we have a new staff, it is going to take time to mend fences. 
And sometimes you can’t fix it. 
I’m not saying that is what happened here because I don’t know, but it makes sense after what happened. I do know we are not going after Air like we are 2-3 other guys. 
WW is our plan A. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Never seen anything like the last staff at Auburn. Arrogant and useless comes to mind. The fact is that we did him and several others wrong, and even though we have a new staff, it is going to take time to mend fences. 
And sometimes you can’t fix it. 
I’m not saying that is what happened here because I don’t know, but it makes sense after what happened. I do know we are not going after Air like we are 2-3 other guys. 
WW is our plan A. 

Me too.  I have no idea about the Air situation.   Just seems odd.  

Arrogant and useless are too kind.   Some folks at AU did him wrong too.  But he went out of his way to burn this place down on his way out.   In the pre-portal era it would’ve taken us several years to get back to competitive after what he did.   

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Me too.  I have no idea about the Air situation.   Just seems odd.  

Arrogant and useless are too kind.   Some folks at AU did him wrong too.  But he went out of his way to burn this place down on his way out.   In the pre-portal era it would’ve taken us several years to get back to competitive after what he did.   

Amen to this!  IMHO AU would be well served to take as much advantage of the portal in its present form as we can. I just think there are going to be future adjustments to the system that are going to alter the dynamics that will restrict the player movement that currently exists. The importance of high school recruitment cannot be understated going forward.  WDE

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AU North said:

The importance of high school recruitment cannot be understated going forward. 

Bingo. 
This year and next year we are going to have to rely on the transfer portal just to be competitive while we build up the roster with HS kids. See OL. 😀

After that hopefully we are only picking up a few portal players.