2024 4* QB Walker White Commits to AU!

gr82b4au

I’m not sure a Clemson mod CB’ing means much right now.  Some of them jump the gun with their CBs when a recruit says they had a great visit….some need something more solid before they submit theirs.  

I know Niebuhr has said he’s very close to CBing him to Auburn but I think wants just a little more than a glowing report of his visit and the coaching staff. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I’m not sure a Clemson mod CB’ing means much right now.  Some of them jump the gun with their CBs when a recruit says they had a great visit….some need something more solid before they submit theirs.  

I know Niebuhr has said he’s very close to CBing him to Auburn but I think wants just a little more than a glowing report of his visit and the coaching staff. 

You know - everyone talks about Georgia and Alabama recruiting against us and rightfully so- they have had our number. But I would say there is no team that has hurt Auburn more than Clemson in recruiting. Here are a few of the kids that were down to Auburn and Clemson and we lost. Imagine what Auburn would have been if we were able to get these kids: 
Deshaun Watson, Trenton Simpson, Mackensie Alexander, Andrew Booth, Justyn Ross, Tomarrion Parker, AJ Terrell, Barrett Carter, Antonio Williams, EJ Williams, Christopher Vizzina, Aveion Terrell, Jayron Kearse,

Point is that we have to win this one

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I heard Dabo's recruiting was going to tank with his hatred of NIL and Clemson was going to fade into the obscurity of the mediocre ACC? I mean thats what I was told after our AD ranked him 4th of 4 candidates.

Hyping a guy in his 10th season (?) with a couple Natty's, dominating his conference, etc....and being 3 spots ahead of Hugh being on the job 2.5 weeks?

That's the horse you want to ride?  A guy with that track record taking 26 kids, with the #14 class?  Dude should be dominating, not middle of the road

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Premium On3 article says White has top 4 and decision soon, I’m not subscriber so that’s all I got. Seems we’ll find out soon though. 

Last week I wanted him to commit. This week I want him to hold off ha ha.

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

You know - everyone talks about Georgia and Alabama recruiting against us and rightfully so- they have had our number. But I would say there is no team that has hurt Auburn more than Clemson in recruiting. Here are a few of the kids that were down to Auburn and Clemson and we lost. Imagine what Auburn would have been if we were able to get these kids: 
Deshaun Watson, Trenton Simpson, Mackensie Alexander, Andrew Booth, Justyn Ross, Tomarrion Parker, AJ Terrell, Barrett Carter, Antonio Williams, EJ Williams, Christopher Vizzina, Aveion Terrell, Jayron Kearse,

That’s just sad 

10 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

They gave us those clemsoning coodies after the 2011 game, I’m tellin’ ya. They took our mojo and infected us with their clemsoning that very day. And it’s been downhill ever since. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUINSY said:

They gave us those clemsoning coodies after the 2011 game, I’m tellin’ ya. They took our mojo and infected us with their clemsoning that very day. And it’s been downhill ever since. 

I think we own that downturn,  rather than Clemson.

• Like 1

From on3 Chad Simmons tonight who is pretty much a Clemson mouthpiece…

the four-star quarterback out of Little Rock (Ark.) is one to watch closely moving forward if you are a Clemson fan.

IMO it is going to be difficult to break into and win these battles with Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, lsu for QBs. They are the most coveted of all positions. Once we actually win one of these battles then we know we have arrived.

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Sad 1

Can we also mention the recruits we have won over Clemson, because its not like Clemson just takes who they want and AU gets their leftovers.

Monty Adams chose AU over Clemson, those were his top two.

Colby Wooden 

Cassanova Mckinzy chose AU over Clemson….because AU has a Chick-fil-A 😂

Clemson did everything they could to flip Carl Lawson.  

Smoke Monday was about to commit to Clemson when one last visit to AU changed his mind. 

Even Cobb chose AU over Clemson and UT.  

Those are just a few off the top of my head but I’m sure there have been more. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:23 AM, gr82b4au said:

Worse thing Auburn did the last 12 years was to let Clemson get to a point they can out recruit Auburn even in the state of GA. 

And Phenix City

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

And Phenix City

YOU AINT LYIN!!! Man, I’ve never seen a program get out recruited so dang bad in their own back yard as Auburn has in Phenix City. 

I am just going to hold out hope until there is no more time left that we get this guy. We need him waaaaaay more than Clemson, where he would just sit for years. 

Looks like Walker White is committing February 3rd....which probably doesn't bode well for us coming off that Clemson visit and subsequent confidence from their mods:

e4442e86-b580-4d2a-a6ec-914030992eab-jpe

34 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I wish Danny Hugh would just offer Air Noland. We need a 2024 QB to get the class rolling . Noland is rated as high or higher than White

We just need to get a good quarterback, somewhere, anywhere, for the first time in about a decade. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I wish Danny Hugh would just offer Air Noland. We need a 2024 QB to get the class rolling . Noland is rated as high or higher than White

And would be against what they see as the proper QB in their system. 

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yes. I understand wanting the other QB but man I am impressed with Noland and he seems like he would really buy in quickly 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, metafour said:

Looks like Walker White is committing February 3rd....which probably doesn't bode well for us coming off that Clemson visit and subsequent confidence from their mods:

e4442e86-b580-4d2a-a6ec-914030992eab-jpe

image.gif

• Like 1