baseball preseason top 25 has LSU 1,

• WarTiger changed the title to baseball preseason top 25 has LSU 1,

4 hours ago, nurbis said:

Alabama is ranked 20th and South Carolina is ranked 23rd. How are they ranked and we are not? Did we lose a lot of talent?

Yes. A lot ofpitching and a lot of hitting got drafted.

We're a wildcard right now. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Based on? (hehe)

Based off several factors.

1.) Coach Thompson has proven to get the most out of his guys.  We were no where on the radar last year at this time.

2.) The team has learned to believe in themselves.  Winning produces winning.  I believe last year's success will play into how this team plays.

3.) There is small nucleus of returnees, but I am excited about some of the new comers.

4.) I believe in Auburn and love it.

5.) It is my thoughts and you cannot put forth any evidence at this time or place any negativity to change them at this time. (Hehe)😜

I did not say we win a championship. Just that we have a chance for a nice season.

• Like 3

Don't panic if we don't look like world beaters after that firsr conference series in Fayetteville.  I don't think Butch will know what he's got to work with on the mound untill at least then.  All it takes is getting into the tournament at the end...I trust BT, he clearly knows what he's doing.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 2

Roster changes: The roster is down to 44, with four players from fall not appearing on the roster in spring - RHP Carson Swilling (uncommitted), RHP Jordan Armstrong (UT-Martin), INF Rom Kellis (Florence-Darlington Tech) and INF Wesley Helms (Shelton State) 

At one time there were some that thought both Swilling and Armstrong were potential SEC starters this spring.  Tells me there are some young guns pushing for weekend spots, several high velocity kids in that bunch.  I guess Schoenrock sees this staff differently than Hudson did....