What Black Americans Need Is to Build Wealth. All the Democrats Offer Are Handouts

AUFAN78

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

So black history is "indoctrination"? :-\

Apparently, you prefer your BS with heavy dose of racism. :no:

Black history is taught in Florida. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

:dunno:

Well we agree it shouldn't be partisan. 

Still hung up on and arguing with yourself on teachers I see. The big picture should be educating our children not making excuses.

I dont see how I am arguing with myself? Asking for more than better teachers isnt saying I dont want better teachers.

I agree, we should be educating our children, not making excuses. That's why I think we need to invest more into our education as well as our teachers. You say you dont want excuses, but only getting better teachers leaves the door for exactly that. 

It's the same with sports. Everyone always says, "if only we had a better coach." Well, you could have the best coach in the world on your sidelines, but if you dont have the right pieces around them (support staff, players, decision makers, etc.), they wont be successful.

Obviously getting better teachers is a good thing, but you need to invest in everything else around them to ensure success across the board.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, arein0 said:

I dont see how I am arguing with myself? Asking for more than better teachers isnt saying I dont want better teachers.

I agree, we should be educating our children, not making excuses. That's why I think we need to invest more into our education as well as our teachers. You say you dont want excuses, but only getting better teachers leaves the door for exactly that. 

It's the same with sports. Everyone always says, "if only we had a better coach." Well, you could have the best coach in the world on your sidelines, but if you dont have the right pieces around them (support staff, players, decision makers, etc.), they wont be successful.

Obviously getting better teachers is a good thing, but you need to invest in everything else around them to ensure success across the board.

You are still arguing with yourself over teachers. SMH

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Don't worry , DeSantis is working on fixing that. 

He can't just do it all at once. It's a process. 

You willing to wager? Let's go $100. You game?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You are still arguing with yourself over teachers. SMH

When you say teachers, are you saying the individual teacher or the overall school?

14 minutes ago, arein0 said:

When you say teachers, are you saying the individual teacher or the overall school?

I'm not focused on teachers. You are. I am focused on properly educating our children so they don't show up unable to pass a basic employment exam. 

AFTLOG, can we stop with the excuses?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'm not focused on teachers. You are. I am focused on properly educating our children so they don't show up unable to pass a basic employment exam. 

AFTLOG, can we stop with the excuses?

Well it seems like we are saying the same thing. Apparently we had a language difference. Again, I have never advocated for excuses or not educating our youth. Have a good rest of your day.

15 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Well it seems like we are saying the same thing. Apparently we had a language difference. Again, I have never advocated for excuses or not educating our youth. Have a good rest of your day.

No we are certainly not saying the same thing. I want accountability and a proper education for the kids, you prefer excuses.

You have a good day as well.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

No we are certainly not saying the same thing. I want accountability and a proper education for the kids, you prefer excuses.

You have a good day as well.

We are saying the same thing and there is a language difference. You are talking from an overall high level, and I'm talking about the details that need to happen to achieve that. I have never made an excuse or said we should make excuses.

And thank you, random internet stranger, for telling me what I prefer. I'm clearly not smart enough to figure it out on my own. :dunno: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arein0 said:

We are saying the same thing and there is a language difference. You are talking from an overall high level, and I'm talking about the details that need to happen to achieve that. I have never made an excuse or said we should make excuses.

And thank you, random internet stranger, for telling me what I prefer. I'm clearly not smart enough to figure it out on my own. :dunno: 

Worked in this sector for many many years and have witnessed similar excuses. This is nothing new to me and unfortunately expected. 

Just a quick glance thru the thread reveals a half dozen. Sadly.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Worked in this sector for many many years and have witnessed similar excuses. This is nothing new to me and unfortunately expected. 

Just a quick glance thru the thread reveals a half dozen. Sadly.

Whatever you say.

24 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Whatever you say.

It's not about me nor my words, it is about the kids. When we agree on that we will have at least made some progress. 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

It's not about me nor my words, it is about the kids. When we agree on that we will have at least made some progress. 

Dude I've been saying that since the beginning. Learn to read my man.

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2023 at 7:59 PM, AUFAN78 said:

A good education provides opportunity, money and favorable lending conditions. The OP's take on education is spot on.

dude join the real world. i have seen blacks with stellar education get turned down over and over because of their skin color. now you can denie this all you want but the feds had to step in with their own hiring as well as other corps,etc. this is a fact you cannot denie. it was so bad the feds did a thing where they basically forced federal agencies like a depot to hire minorities over more qualified opponents. this is not a shot at blacks. this is a shot at the agencies that did the good ol boy hirings instead of hiring the best qualified. this also includes women as well. and white folks were pissed but they had no one to blame but themselves because their hiring practices were shady at best. i saw this stuff with my own eyes. and they used to good ol"over qualified" for blacks and women of all races. now maybe it has gotten better since i retired and i hope it has. what fool in their right mind would not hire someone that might be over qualified? hell you hire the best and brightest. so it is not as simple as want to make it out to be.

• Facepalm 1

On 1/19/2023 at 9:03 PM, PUB78 said:

You have White Liberal Guilt.

And you're posting racist garbage. Just keep on doing you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, AUDub said:

00A0BDD6-9060-47FE-856F-98F998E3DD17.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1

You must be a snowflake, too.❄️

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

You must be a snowflake, too.❄️

**** off, David Duke. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't the desirous to read an entire thread. Please post or quote this racist garbage for all to see. Thanks.

• Facepalm 1

• 2 weeks later...