Jump to content

2025 4* WR Ryan Williams


gr82b4au
 Share

Recommended Posts

Committed to Uat but visited today. He visited before but this one was different.

The comments from this visit today were really eye opening. Just another indictment on the last staff and a good picture of how hard the new staff is really trying. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

By we should all know better…how many recruiting cycles have certain Bama commits done this…

He’s an Auburn legacy and his last visit to AU under Harsin’s staff left a pretty bad impression. 

Freeze and this staff has a good amount of time to work on him.  His dad Ryan Sr was with him yesterday (DB under Tubs) and from the comments I have read was really happy with how this visit went, and they will be coming back for more. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He’s an Auburn legacy and his last visit to AU under Harsin’s staff left a pretty bad impression. 

Freeze and this staff has a good amount of time to work on him.  His dad Ryan Sr was with him yesterday (DB under Tubs) and from the comments I have read was really happy with how this visit went, and they will be coming back for more. 

Trust me I want to be optimistic but Auburn has been burned in the past too many times in these situations….

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Trust me I want to be optimistic but Auburn has been burned in the past too many times in these situations….

I hear you, but you have to remember ...

"Past performance is not indicative of future results."

Not sure who said the above quote, but it's true.

  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

He’s an Auburn legacy

Parents just went here or did either of them play a sport?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Parents just went here or did either of them play a sport?

According to AEAugirl's comment above, his Dad was a DB under Tuberville here at Auburn. Not sure about his mother.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Trust me I want to be optimistic but Auburn has been burned in the past too many times in these situations….

You’re very correct. That said, we have a full 2 years to work this one. A lot can change between now and then. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

According to AEAugirl's comment above, his Dad was a DB under Tuberville here at Auburn. Not sure about his mother.

I believe this is him, the only Ryan Williams I could find but his dad did play football at Auburn….and his dad’s name is Ryan Williams Sr.  I’m not sure he really did that much here, I did not recognize the name.   

There was another Ryan Williams on the roster during that time same position,  etc but it says he is from South Carolina so no clue if that is just bad data or what.  

https://247sports.com/player/ryan-williams-52249/

Here’s the Rivals article about his visit which talks some about his dad playing “in the late 2000s”. https://auburn.rivals.com/news/auburn-better-feeling-than-last-time-for-alabama-wr-commit-tigers-recruit

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Parents just went here or did either of them play a sport?

His dad played DB here. Good player I think he started several games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s committed to Bama, I know we have a different coaching staff that actually cares about recruiting but we’ve seen this story a million times before. It even happened last month when people thought we had those 2 Bama 5 stars just to not get either.

 

But I hope we stick with it and fight to the end to get this guy because multiple people have said this guy is the best player in the state regardless of class 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want a fun homework assigment, take a look at his Hudl video from this past season.  Just shy of 5 minutes in length, shows 20 total plays...the question to answer is how many times did he get tackled in the video?

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/14986612/6390be2cd21ae40d38a66bf7

The only reason he's not currently a five star is that he would break the rating system in the next two years if he was.  UNREAL.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good lord. You got to turn the tide (excuse the pun) eventually. To get to the point of Bama and UGA we got to win these battles. I know some of y’all got PTSD from previous experiences but put the big boy pants on. Time to turn the corner 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If you want a fun homework assigment, take a look at his Hudl video from this past season.  Just shy of 5 minutes in length, shows 20 total plays...the question to answer is how many times did he get tackled in the video?

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/14986612/6390be2cd21ae40d38a66bf7

The only reason he's not currently a five star is that he would break the rating system in the next two years if he was.  UNREAL.

Wow. Kids got some wiggle but also knows when to stop dancing and get north. Love it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it Auburn was burned or has Auburn just made some very dumb moves in recruiting in the past and suffered consequences from dumb decisions?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Is it Auburn was burned or has Auburn just made some very dumb moves in recruiting in the past and suffered consequences from dumb decisions?

Little both

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If you want a fun homework assigment, take a look at his Hudl video from this past season.  Just shy of 5 minutes in length, shows 20 total plays...the question to answer is how many times did he get tackled in the video?

My math is a little rusty, but I counted zero!!!!

My goodness!  I don’t think I’ve seen a highlight tape like that since Noel Divine!!!😳😳😳😳

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If you want a fun homework assigment, take a look at his Hudl video from this past season.  Just shy of 5 minutes in length, shows 20 total plays...the question to answer is how many times did he get tackled in the video?

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/14986612/6390be2cd21ae40d38a66bf7

The only reason he's not currently a five star is that he would break the rating system in the next two years if he was.  UNREAL.

 

gimme 2.jpg

gimme 3.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, DAG said:

Good lord. You got to turn the tide (excuse the pun) eventually. To get to the point of Bama and UGA we got to win these battles. I know some of y’all got PTSD from previous experiences but put the big boy pants on. Time to turn the corner 

It’s not PTSD for me, it’s the “are we getting played” and distracted by investing T&E in the wrong kids. Some here have said recruits were being used as pawns by the REC, Saban, Kirby, boogeyman, etc. just to string AU along, with no intention of ever playing here. However after reading AE girl’s post on Williams being a legacy, and add we got two years to work him I am more optimistic that his interest is genuine, and Auburn truly has a chance. I do see this Auburn staff being in better position to compete and win some of these battles more-so than in the past. So maybe brighter days are ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ellitor changed the title to 2025 4* WR Ryan Williams

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...