2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

Committed to Uat but visited today. He visited before but this one was different.

The comments from this visit today were really eye opening. Just another indictment on the last staff and a good picture of how hard the new staff is really trying. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

By we should all know better…how many recruiting cycles have certain Bama commits done this…

He’s an Auburn legacy and his last visit to AU under Harsin’s staff left a pretty bad impression. 

Freeze and this staff has a good amount of time to work on him.  His dad Ryan Sr was with him yesterday (DB under Tubs) and from the comments I have read was really happy with how this visit went, and they will be coming back for more. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He’s an Auburn legacy and his last visit to AU under Harsin’s staff left a pretty bad impression. 

Freeze and this staff has a good amount of time to work on him.  His dad Ryan Sr was with him yesterday (DB under Tubs) and from the comments I have read was really happy with how this visit went, and they will be coming back for more. 

Trust me I want to be optimistic but Auburn has been burned in the past too many times in these situations….

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Trust me I want to be optimistic but Auburn has been burned in the past too many times in these situations….

I hear you, but you have to remember ...

"Past performance is not indicative of future results."

Not sure who said the above quote, but it's true.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

He’s an Auburn legacy

Parents just went here or did either of them play a sport?

48 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

According to AEAugirl's comment above, his Dad was a DB under Tuberville here at Auburn. Not sure about his mother.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

You’re very correct. That said, we have a full 2 years to work this one. A lot can change between now and then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

According to AEAugirl's comment above, his Dad was a DB under Tuberville here at Auburn. Not sure about his mother.

I believe this is him, the only Ryan Williams I could find but his dad did play football at Auburn….and his dad’s name is Ryan Williams Sr.  I’m not sure he really did that much here, I did not recognize the name.   

There was another Ryan Williams on the roster during that time same position,  etc but it says he is from South Carolina so no clue if that is just bad data or what.  

https://247sports.com/player/ryan-williams-52249/

Here’s the Rivals article about his visit which talks some about his dad playing “in the late 2000s”. https://auburn.rivals.com/news/auburn-better-feeling-than-last-time-for-alabama-wr-commit-tigers-recruit

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

His dad played DB here. Good player I think he started several games.

He’s committed to Bama, I know we have a different coaching staff that actually cares about recruiting but we’ve seen this story a million times before. It even happened last month when people thought we had those 2 Bama 5 stars just to not get either.

But I hope we stick with it and fight to the end to get this guy because multiple people have said this guy is the best player in the state regardless of class 

• Like 3

If you want a fun homework assigment, take a look at his Hudl video from this past season.  Just shy of 5 minutes in length, shows 20 total plays...the question to answer is how many times did he get tackled in the video?

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/14986612/6390be2cd21ae40d38a66bf7

The only reason he's not currently a five star is that he would break the rating system in the next two years if he was.  UNREAL.

• Like 2

Good lord. You got to turn the tide (excuse the pun) eventually. To get to the point of Bama and UGA we got to win these battles. I know some of y’all got PTSD from previous experiences but put the big boy pants on. Time to turn the corner 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If you want a fun homework assigment, take a look at his Hudl video from this past season.  Just shy of 5 minutes in length, shows 20 total plays...the question to answer is how many times did he get tackled in the video?

The only reason he's not currently a five star is that he would break the rating system in the next two years if he was.  UNREAL.

Wow. Kids got some wiggle but also knows when to stop dancing and get north. Love it

Is it Auburn was burned or has Auburn just made some very dumb moves in recruiting in the past and suffered consequences from dumb decisions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Is it Auburn was burned or has Auburn just made some very dumb moves in recruiting in the past and suffered consequences from dumb decisions?

Little both

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

My math is a little rusty, but I counted zero!!!!

My goodness!  I don’t think I’ve seen a highlight tape like that since Noel Divine!!!😳😳😳😳

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

gimme 2.jpg

gimme 3.jpg

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, DAG said:

Good lord. You got to turn the tide (excuse the pun) eventually. To get to the point of Bama and UGA we got to win these battles. I know some of y’all got PTSD from previous experiences but put the big boy pants on. Time to turn the corner 

It’s not PTSD for me, it’s the “are we getting played” and distracted by investing T&E in the wrong kids. Some here have said recruits were being used as pawns by the REC, Saban, Kirby, boogeyman, etc. just to string AU along, with no intention of ever playing here. However after reading AE girl’s post on Williams being a legacy, and add we got two years to work him I am more optimistic that his interest is genuine, and Auburn truly has a chance. I do see this Auburn staff being in better position to compete and win some of these battles more-so than in the past. So maybe brighter days are ahead.