“Pro-life” Phonies

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Another ramification on the war on reproduction:

From the OP:

"Women in states with abortion bans are nearly three times more likely to die during pregnancy, childbirth or soon after giving
birth." Axios reports.

Fear mongering about childbirth doesn’t help.

That’s utterly absurd. You don’t encourage childbirth by extreme restrictions on reproductive choice and laws that make doctors fear treating women with complications.

World population isn’t collapsing. Fearmongering legal immigration isn’t helping our economic growth or future social security crisis. A sane, orderly growth of immigration makes a lot of sense. Legal immigrants have historically made great citizens in this country. But MAGA world is frightened it means more brown people. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

That’s utterly absurd. You don’t encourage childbirth by extreme restrictions on reproductive choice and laws that make doctors fear treating women with complications.

World population isn’t collapsing. Fearmongering legal immigration isn’t helping our economic growth or future social security crisis. A sane, orderly growth of immigration makes a lot of sense. Legal immigrants have historically made great citizens in this country. But MAGA world is frightened it means more brown people. 

The point is nobody is *encouraging childbirth* by restrictions, what the pro-choice people are doing is putting fear in women that they are pregnant.  I am not surprised you missed the point.  Doctors should not have fear for treating women for complications as if the health of the women is in question, the woman’s life is paramount and legal.

Here is some states from Florida in 2021:

https://abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/

As you can see the woman’s life was endangered by the pregnancy was a whopping 0.15%

Even if you add the woman’s *physical health* was threatened by the pregnancy you would have > 1.5%

The typical left talking point that if you abort you child because it will be illegal to abort a child if you life is endangered.  It’s BS.

I didn’t even mention immigration and LEGAL Immigration is fine with most people.  It is not what is happening at our southern border at this time.

As to your statement that conservatives are afraid of *brown people* remember this:

Race and Abortion in New York City

Non-Hispanic black women continue to be disproportionately impacted by abortion. In 2016, as in previous years, more African American babies were aborted than were born alive in New York City. Out of the 47,718 total reported pregnancies experienced by non-Hispanic black women, almost half – 49 percent – ended in abortion, while four percent ended in miscarriage and only 47 percent ended in live births. Among African American women in their twenties, the abortion rate was a staggering 85.2 abortions per 1,000 women. By contrast, Asian and Pacific Islander women overall had the lowest percentage of pregnancies ending in abortion (13 percent) and Asian and Pacific Islander women in their twenties had an abortion rate of 15.5 abortions per 1,000 women.

https://lozierinstitute.org/abortion-reporting-new-york-city-2016/

If conservatives were afraid of *brown people* why would conservatives oppose abortion?   Your argument is absurd on its face.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

But what we have now in not sane but very much insane and it gets worse by the day. This shouldn't be a partisan political issue but one that all responsible officials should be concerned about.

• Like 1

Birth rates are declining across the developed world.

Interesting that wealth is also concentrating.  More interesting that wealth is concentrating in those above the age of 75.

The boomers have taken more and, given less than maybe any generation in history.  The boomers destroyed the policies that made them prosperous with their ignorant faith in free market economics, neo-liberal policies. 

The Reagan/Thatcher/Libertarian Economics era was incredibly destructive.  Prior to Reagan, 65% of Americans were in the middle class, mostly on one income.  Today, it's 45% on two incomes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Another ramification on the war on reproduction:

You think Elon Musk is an authoritative voice on demography? :-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

"Women in states with abortion bans are nearly three times more likely to die during pregnancy, childbirth or soon after giving

birth." Axios reports.

Fear mongering about childbirth doesn’t help.

How is this fear mongering exactly? :dunno:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

How is this fear mongering exactly? :dunno:

On the morning of May 3, Abby C. burst into tears when she learned that a leaked draft opinion signaled the U.S. Supreme Court would likely overturn Roe vs. Wade.

Before getting out of bed, the 23-year-old booked a consultation to begin the process of getting sterilized. Abby, who did not want to use her last name for privacy reasons, said her previous gynecologist had dismissed her requests, citing her age. But with the leaked opinion throwing the future of reproductive rights into jeopardy, Abby stood firm in her decision.

“I ended up telling her, this is the option I want,” Abby said. “This is the only answer for me.”

It wasn’t until after she woke up from the procedure — a bilateral salpingectomy, in which her fallopian tubes were removed — that she felt relief.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-07-19/women-sterilization-roe-vs-wade

Extreme, yes.  But that is what fear mongering does.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

On the morning of May 3, Abby C. burst into tears when she learned that a leaked draft opinion signaled the U.S. Supreme Court would likely overturn Roe vs. Wade.

Before getting out of bed, the 23-year-old booked a consultation to begin the process of getting sterilized. Abby, who did not want to use her last name for privacy reasons, said her previous gynecologist had dismissed her requests, citing her age. But with the leaked opinion throwing the future of reproductive rights into jeopardy, Abby stood firm in her decision.

“I ended up telling her, this is the option I want,” Abby said. “This is the only answer for me.”

It wasn’t until after she woke up from the procedure — a bilateral salpingectomy, in which her fallopian tubes were removed — that she felt relief.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-07-19/women-sterilization-roe-vs-wade

You didn't answer my question. 

How is this simple statement of fact "fear mongering":

"Women in states with abortion bans are nearly three times more likely to die during pregnancy, childbirth or soon after giving birth." Axios reports.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

You didn't answer my question. 

How is this simple statement of fact "fear mongering":

"Women in states with abortion bans are nearly three times more likely to die during pregnancy, childbirth or soon after giving birth." Axios reports.

It would imply that women die at an alarming rate during pregnancy, childbirth or soon after.   Now 3x could mean 3 a year as opposed to one a year, but nothing is explained on purpose.  Even the article isn’t clear on it.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It would imply that women die at an alarming rate during pregnancy, childbirth or soon after.   Now 3x could mean 3 a year as opposed to one a year, but nothing is explained on purpose.  Even the article isn’t clear on it.

It neither said - nor implied - that.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It neither said - nor implied - that.

And yet women are getting sterilized for fear of getting pregnant.  Go figure.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

And yet women are getting sterilized for fear of getting pregnant.  Go figure.

Yeah, you "go figure".  :rolleyes:

While you're at it, learn to read for meaning.

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes M4. Very extreme. This would fall lower than the .01% on incest. You have been Coffeetized I suppose.

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I dont think I see what's wrong with this story. Not all females want to have babies? Isnt this what the pro lifers would want? Someone that doesnt want to have a baby is taking the necessary to prevent it from accidentally happening.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, arein0 said:

I dont think I see what's wrong with this story. Not all females want to have babies? Isnt this what the pro lifers would want? Someone that doesnt want to have a baby is taking the necessary to prevent it from accidentally happening.

It seems to be a drastic step for such a young woman, don’t you think?  

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

It seems to be a drastic step for such a young woman, don’t you think?  

Not if she knows she doesnt want babies in the future. Believe it or not, not all women want to have babies.

• Like 2

Women I know who tend to be on the "no children train" has nothing to do with fear of death or birthing complications. They either are more career than family minded, have found other hobbies or activities in life that give them joy and fulfillment, or (likely the most common) don't believe America is a good place to raise a family right now with having few federal protections or benefits for mothers in the workplace, decades of stagnant wages (many families need 2 incomes), high cost of child care, and it's large drug and gun problems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Women I know who tend to be on the "no children train" has nothing to do with fear of death or birthing complications. They either are more career than family minded, have found other hobbies or activities in life that give them joy and fulfillment, or (likely the most common) don't believe America is a good place to raise a family right now with having few federal protections or benefits for mothers in the workplace, decades of stagnant wages (many families need 2 incomes), high cost of child care, and it's large drug and gun problems. 

Wow, how depressing is that view of America and it’s future?

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wow, how depressing is that view of America and it’s future?

That is not the question.  The question is,,, is it accurate?  What does the trend suggest?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

That is not the question.  The question is,,, is it accurate?  What does the trend suggest?

That depends on your perception, doesn’t it?  And that depends on what you believe, if you to believe all the propaganda that has infiltrated the media, then yes, you would think America is really a bad place to live.  It’s not, but that is my opinion.

• Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Are you saying our nation doesn't have a gun, drug, and family unaffordability problem? 

A gun problem, no, but we do have a mental health and drug problem that perpetuates gun violence.  As to not being able to afford a family; if the education system can actually develop a culture of standards that will educate our children to be ready to contribute to the society and not just babysit and pass along children without achieving the standards.  We are concentrating our efforts on what gender a person is rather than reading, writing and arithmetic.

Confusing our youth is NOT a way to develop a society knowing how to think.

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

A gun problem, no, but we do have a mental health and drug problem that perpetuates gun violence.  As to not being able to afford a family; if the education system can actually develop a culture of standards that will educate our children to be ready to contribute to the society and not just babysit and pass along children without achieving the standards.  We are concentrating our efforts on what gender a person is rather than reading, writing and arithmetic.

Confusing our youth is NOT a way to develop a society knowing how to think.

So your solution to making raising a family in America more  affordable and easier for parents is some mumbo jumbo nonsense about work ethic and gender pronouns? 

you're focusing on culture war/ primetime FOX News issues, while parents are worried about their their low/stagnent wages, being laid off on a whim, their $900/mo day care bill, how to put food on the table and save for that $50,000 college tuition. 

And the Republican party wonders why it struggles to attract young and  educated voters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So your solution to making raising a family in America more  affordable and easier for parents is some mumbo jumbo nonsense about work ethic and gender pronouns? 

Here in lie the rub, work ethic in NOT mumbo jumbo, but gender pronouns are.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

you're focusing on culture war/ primetime FOX News issues, while parents are worried about their their low/stagnent wages, being laid off on a whim, their $900/mo day care bill, how to put food on the table and save for that $50,000 college tuition. 

And the Republican party wonders why it struggles to attract young and  educated voters. 

Parents that are worried about their low/stagnant wages, being laid off on a whim, their $900/ mo day care bill and putting food on the table while saving for college tuition should not have voted for Biden. Remember he got 81 million votes.

The Republican Party should not be struggling to attract young working class educated voters in two more years of this.

• Facepalm 1