Rara Thomas arrested

PigskinPat

"Transfer wide receiver RaRa Thomas was arrested early Monday morning on a felony charge of false imprisonment and misdemeanor charge of family violence, first offense, according to the Athens Clarke-County jail report. Thomas was booked into the Athens Clarke County jail at 4:04 a.m. As of 7:50, bail has not yet been set."

Doesn't look good...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Terrible.

We'll now see if Kirby has pull like Saban does

Kirby booted Johnathan Taylor for DV charges…..and he ran right into the loving arms of Nick Saban where he did it again.  

• Like 1

If I had to guess, I'd say this player isn't one who Kirby would go overboard to protect. The guy is good but not great. Since Domestic Violence is a big no-no I think he'll cut Thomas loose.

According to ESPN, RaRa Thomas in trouble with the law over there in Georgia - too bad. Wasn't Auburn recruiting him strong a few weeks ago? Maybe he'll transfer to Auburn and begin the CHF redemption program. It could be a great thing. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35509660/georgia-wr-rodarius-rara-thomas-arrested-felony-charge

• Facepalm 4
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Systems said:

According to ESPN, RaRa Thomas in trouble with the law over there in Georgia - too bad. Wasn't Auburn recruiting him strong a few weeks ago? Maybe he'll transfer to Auburn and begin the CHF redemption program. It could be a great thing. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35509660/georgia-wr-rodarius-rara-thomas-arrested-felony-charge

Why would Auburn want a player who one week in at his new school has already been charged with a felony, and DV at that?  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Why would Auburn want a player who one week in at his new school has already been charged with a felony, and DV at that?  

Because Systems is being passive aggressive 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Because when he was at MSU, (according to my friend who is a grad), he was never in any trouble (that anyone knew of).  Plus, HE"S GOOD AT FOOTBALL!  But just like in everything else, some kids  (and adults) just snap and do stupid things.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Because Systems is being passive aggressive 

Just trying to not get banned again...

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 7:19 AM, PigskinPat said:

I was really hoping we’d get him when he was in the portal. We dodged a bullet.

My thoughts, exactly.

• 4 weeks later...

I would be careful.. without any details. Charges like these can go away as quickly as they can get filed for non athletes too. Not likely but I have seen enough in the past couple years to lose a lot of faith in the criminal justice system.