Jason Campbell is replacing Stan White

GwillMac6

ย 

Jason Campbell named new Auburn radio color analyst

34 minutes ago

One iconic former Auburn quarterback has passed the headset to another.

Former All-SEC quarterback Jason Campbell is set to take over as the color analyst alongside Andy Burcham on the Auburn Sports Network's coverage of Auburn football games. Campbell replaces Stan White, who held the position for the past 22 seasons before retiring at the conclusion of the 2022 campaign.

โ€œI would like to thank God for this amazing opportunity to continue doing something I enjoy and love,โ€ Campbell said. โ€œI appreciate the Auburn Sports Network team and Stan for their immediate confidence in me as I move into the analyst role.ย  I know I have incredibly big shoes to fill.ย  It has been a privilege watching and learning from Stan during our time in the booth together.ย  Auburn Family, I look forward to sharing great memories with you alongside the Voice of the Tigers, Andy Burcham, this fall.โ€

Campbell is just the third Auburn color analyst over the past 43 years, joining White and former Auburn quarterback Charlie Trotman.ย 

โ€œWe are excited about the next chapter in Jason Campbellโ€™s radio career," Burcham said. "He was the overwhelming choice to replace Stan in the booth. He continues the tradition of outstanding quarterbacks who have moved into the booth, including Pat Sullivan, Charlie Trotman and Stan White."

Campbell's first assignment will be the A-Day game April 8. White had been calling Auburn games with the late Jim Fyffe, the late Rod Bramblett and Burcham since 2001.

โ€œIโ€™m very pleased and excited that Jason will be carrying the torch into the future as the analyst for the Auburn Sports Network," White said. "Itโ€™s a very small fraternity in that thereโ€™s only been three color analysts with the network spanning the last 43 years since 1980.ย  I had the honor of being that analyst for the past 22 years.ย  I also had the pleasure of calling games that Jason was at the helm quarterbacking and leading his team to an undefeated season in 2004.ย  Since 2016, as a member of our network crew, Iโ€™ve gotten to know Jason as a friend and colleague.ย  I have zero doubt that he will do an outstanding job.ย  I look forward to hearing Andy, Jason, Ronnie, Brad, Paul and the entire network crew this coming season and many years to come. To my Auburn Network Family and to my extended Auburn Family that tune in every fall Saturday, I thank you for all of the wonderful memories."

Campbell started 40 games at Auburn, the second-most at quarterback in program history, behind only White. The program's all-time wins leader with 31, Campbell was a first-round pick by the Redskins in 2005 after throwing for 7,299 yards and 45 touchdowns with the Tigers. He was the SEC offensive player of the year in 2004, when Auburn had an undefeated season and won the Sugar Bowl.

11COMMENTS

***ย Subscribe to Auburn Undercover for the latest news and intel, podcasts, recruiting coverage and more***

***ย Get Auburn news straight to your inbox with the Auburn Undercover newsletterย ***

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

He continues the tradition of outstanding quarterbacks who have moved into the booth, including Pat Sullivan, Charlie Trotman and Stan White.

When was Pat Sullivan in the booth?ย 

ย 

Edit: I had completely forgotten about him being there before joining Dye's staff.ย 

Edited by gr82be

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

All 3 of Caddy, Ronnie and Jason are now officially employed by AU!!!! War eagle bay baaaay!!! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿงก๐Ÿฆ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฏ

I think Campbell was already working for the radio network, unless he left at some point.ย 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Welcome Jason.ย  Best choice.

But I sure will miss Stan.

Agreed. Happy for Jason but I loved Stan in the booth. Iโ€™m excited for the future.ย 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gr82be said:

When was Pat Sullivan in the booth?ย 

โ€œSullivan, you didnโ€™t think we could do it. I didnโ€™t think we could do it. We have done it!โ€

- Jim Fyffe 1982 Iron Bowl

• Love 1

17 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

I think Campbell was already working for the radio network, unless he left at some point.ย 

Correct. He did pre and post game analysis.

• WarTiger changed the title to Jason Campbell is replacing Stan White