Interesting Threat by a Former Bama Professor

I_M4_AU

The dude is retweeting anti-vax nonsense from Scott Adams....the Dilbert cartoonist who became a MAGA conspiracist in the last few years. LMAO 

He also reweets Jordan Peterson bullsh*t on a daily basis. 

Of course he's leaving because the University is becoming too "woke" for him... lol

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The dude is retweeting anti-vax nonsense from Scott Adams....the Dilbert cartoonist who became a MAGA conspiracist in the last few years. LMAO 

He also reweets Jordan Peterson bullsh*t on a daily basis. 

Of course he's leaving because the University is becoming too "woke" for him... lol

Exactly, he has woken up.  Consider that Alabama is not the center of liberal thought.  He is tired of the BS.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Him leaving is better for University of Alabama.

Agree, the U of A doesn’t deserve a Professor with integrity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

One of his tweets further down the thread:

"Humans cannot affect the natural variability in the climate system."

This man is an abject moron. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still do not understand the point here.  What threat?  Why should I listen to this guy?

He doesn't know why he is moving.  First, it's all about the family.  Then, it become all about politics.

I just do not see any point.  Roll Tide.

• Haha 1

I got to say that reading that was better almost any thread on this place. Even the disagreements were civil. 

Finally, no one here has been in his shoes nor worked for UAT. To just dismiss what he is saying is just to follow the narrative  We are supposed to be open minded and discerning. No more apparently.  Just blindly follow the narrative even when we know nothing about what he dealt with over the last few years. Just dismiss it and throw up a couple of high five emojis from the partisan true believers. L

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

I got to say that reading that was better almost any thread on this place. Even the disagreements were civil. 

Finally, no one here has been in his shoes nor worked for UAT. To just dismiss what he is saying is just to follow the narrative  We are supposed to be open minded and discerning. No more apparently.  Just blindly follow the narrative even when we know nothing about what he dealt with over the last few years. Just dismiss it and throw up a couple of high five emojis from the partisan true believers. L

What is there to discuss or be open minded about here exactly? 

This UAT professor, who evidenced by his public social media profile holds a lot of right wing/Conservative Libertarian viewpoints about a variety of different topics, makes a generalized statement about academics and Universities that happen to fall in line with what many right wing/ Conservative Libertarians believe. 

If he starts giving backed up evidence/examples of what he has faced or examples of what he is talking about OR if other respected professors at UAT back him up and take his side on these issues then I'll look at it again and reevaluate the validity of what he says, but until something like that happens this is just one random dude with an opinion on twitter. 

I'll continue to be a skeptic about people like this, and I'm not afraid of being aligned with any 'narrative' or not . There are many times that the popular narrative or consensus makes a whole lot more sense and is backed by a whole lot more data than any alternative theories or views individual people may have. That doesn't mean I don't look at and consider alternative viewpoints, but at the same time it also doesn't mean I have to take every individual view and opinion seriously or equally as credible as what I believe. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

What "narrative"?  Seriously.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What does he mean by "the push for equity in science above all else"?  :dunno:

You would have to ask him, but I took it as science has to bow to *equity* while making decisions.  Similar to distributing vaccines * based on equity*.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You would have to ask him, but I took it as science has to bow to *equity* while making decisions.  Similar to distributing vaccines * based on equity*.

That's absurd.  Science is science.  "Equity" (whatever that's supposed to mean) doesn't enter the picture.

Now, regarding distribution of vaccines, I can see where "equity" could be a consideration.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's absurd.  Science is science.  "Equity" (whatever that's supposed to mean) doesn't enter the picture.

Now, regarding distribution of vaccines, I can see where "equity" could be a consideration.

How many sexes are there?  Explain the leftist science on that one.  Can men menstruate?  Can men get pregnant?

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This UAT professor, who evidenced by his public social media profile holds a lot of right wing/Conservative Libertarian viewpoints about a variety of different topics, makes a generalized statement about academics and Universities that happen to fall in line with what many right wing/ Conservative Libertarians believe. 

If he starts giving backed up evidence/examples of what he has faced or examples of what he is talking about OR if other respected professors at UAT back him up and take his side on these issues then I'll look at it again and reevaluate the validity of what he says, but until something like that happens this is just one random dude with an opinion on twitter. 

I'll continue to be a skeptic about people like this, and I'm not afraid of being aligned with any 'narrative' or not . There are many times that the popular narrative or consensus makes a whole lot more sense and is backed by a whole lot more data than any alternative theories or views individual people may have. That doesn't mean I don't look at and consider alternative viewpoints, but at the same time it also doesn't mean I have to take every individual view and opinion seriously or equally as credible as what I believe. 

David narratives so much he’s turned it into a verb.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You would never admit that it didnt fit the narrative nor that that there was ever any evidence to the contrary. It is not in you to be open minded on anything that does not fit the party line narrative. WE READ YOU DAILY. YOU HAVE PRESENTED MEGATONS OS EVIDENCE IN YOUR OWN WORDS TO THIS EFFECT. Maybe you need to turn that great mind you pretend to have on your own thinking. You may find there isnt any thinking you didnt get on any of a 100 closed minded, blind faith narrative sites every single day of the week.

Example: If someone posts or likes one party's view of the world, does that immediately invalidate 100% of everything they say going forward. The Real World and I say, it doesnt. You and your friends of course disagree. First one to the dismissal, with or without any real evidence, is the winner in the mind-numbed partisan hackery of the 21st Century US.

We will now have to endure days of you trying badly to undo every word of what you have posted here over several years.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

How many sexes are there?  Explain the leftist science on that one.  Can men menstruate?  Can men get pregnant?

Didnt you know, "THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED!"

At least that's what the cognitively biased party narrative website I read just said...And I believe them over everyone else, even though I consciously recognize that they get s*** wrong 24-7...

Or maybe we just have some Woke Dumbasses making crazy as hell statements on opinions and everyone is intellectually afraid to challenge them because of woke backlash.

Like most things human, the woke have now become the things they hated.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Dismissing is easy. It requires nothing. 

I see what he’s speaking of but the freedom to speak is still prevalent at AU. At least in my experience. Can’t speak for everything out there…..

• Like 1