Lettuce pause to laugh at Ole Miss fans

TitanTiger

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

OM fans are huffing paint thinner. everything within 5 square miles 

Fixed it for you. This is HILARIOUS!

Ole Miss fans have some emotional damage after what we did to them at the end of this past football season, some may never recover

Emotional Damage GIF by Jennifer Accomando

Edited by AUINSY

1 hour ago, AUTigers910 said:

Somewhat off subject, but does anybody else get the feeling Ole Miss will be to HF as Arky was to Gus and we start blowing them out every year?

That would be the icing on the cake. 

The OM fans I know were all pretty much ready for Kiffin to leave. If they consider keeping him a win then I'll celebrate with them. They are legends in their own minds. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUTigers910 said:

Somewhat off subject, but does anybody else get the feeling Ole Miss will be to HF as Arky was to Gus and we start blowing them out every year?

I think Cohen used that as a blueprint for this entire bonfire. It's continuing to burn gloriously. 

1 hour ago, Tiger Time Burrito said:

Did Auburn get 'big boyed' by Ole Miss?   Regardless of how things turned out.  I think it is fair to ask this question.  Did we want Lane? Was he coming to Auburn until Ole Miss outspent us?

If business A enters negotiations with a person and offers the max they will pay for that person, and business B offers more than A believes the person is  worth and refuses to meet the new price , did A actually "lose" ? I think AU had a price in mind for LK , and that price was what they were willing to offer. And no more.

And that now includes players. I believe we got beat on some recruits that HF really wanted. But I also believe that at least one QB, and maybe another,  thought they were worth more than HF valued them. You have no leverage in a negotiation if you will not walk away. We are paying coaches not to coach for this reason. Just my opinion.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

That would be the icing on the cake. 

The OM fans I know were all pretty much ready for Kiffin to leave. If they consider keeping him a win then I'll celebrate with them. They are legends in their own minds. 

Ole Miss reporters, as well as the Ole Miss fans wanted Kiffin to take the Auburn job when he had them in that losing streak. They were all talking about how he is a lazy recruiter and very childish on Twitter. Many of the Ole Miss fans were clamoring for Hugh Freeze to return if Kiffin left for Auburn. Then out of nowhere Kiffin stays at Ole Miss and those same reporters and fans that hated Kiffin and wanted Freeze back, are crowing and saying Ole Miss is a better job than Auburn and keeping Kiffin proves it. Those same fans and reporters all trolled us Auburn fans for hiring Coach Freeze and saying "Auburn is so down and out that they can't hire our current coach and have to hire our old hand-me-down ex coach." 

There were 2 mods over on an Ole Miss board that drew out these long posts that broke down exactly why Ole Miss is now a better job than Auburn. Even though we have beaten Ole Miss 16 of the last 20 years we've played them (actually 17-3 in last 20 because 1 of their wins was taken away due to the recruiting scandal), all of their fans say that "the past is just the past and the present is what matters now." I think until they beat us this past year, we had won 6 in a row over them. I get that every fan thinks their team is bigger and better than it actually is but the Ole Miss fans are just delusional as hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AUTigers910 said:

I truly think that we will keep beating Ole Miss regularly like we always have. Gus always beat them, Harsin even beat them. 

Something I get tired of hearing from not only Ole Miss fans but most of the college football fans is that Auburn hired Hugh Freeze because he beat Alabama and Saban in back to back seasons. Tebow, Finebaum, Roman Harper, Dari Nokah and many more talking heads have said this.

If we only wanted a coach who beat Bama and Saban, we never would've fired Gus Malzahn. Gus beat Saban and Bama more than any other coach or school did from 2013 to 2019. Hell, throw in our 2010 win over Bama and Saban when Gus was our OC and he had beaten them 4 times in a 9 game stretch. 2010, 2013, 2017, 2019 we beat them with Gus at Auburn. 2012 he was at Arky State so that's 4-5 record against Saban in a 9 game stretch. They usually shut up when you bring that to their attention. We didn't hire Freeze just because he beat Saban. 

18 hours ago, Tiger Time Burrito said:

Did Auburn get 'big boyed' by Ole Miss?   Regardless of how things turned out.  I think it is fair to ask this question.  Did we want Lane? Was he coming to Auburn until Ole Miss outspent us?

Idk, but in hindsight. The Sokolove tweet has peaked my interest lately. With him supposedly being Cohen’s man. I think for sure we knew Kiffin was not our guy by the time it was sent. Now was he ever?? 🤷‍♂️ 

After watching Freeze from close range these past 2 months. I can’t help but think. If we interviewed him, or definitely if we interviewed both of them. There is no question probably in anybody’s mind  who should get the keys to the castle.

Freeze does have the negative history that is/was a cause for concern, but heck. If Kiffin was our coach. I would have that stomach in a knot feeling every time he hit send on a tweet!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tiger Time Burrito said:

No.  It wasn't even really about the pay.  We were prepared to pay around $9M per for him.  It was other demands he came back with in the 11th hour because he thought he had us by the short hairs.  At that point, Cohen and others at Auburn started feeling like this guy wasn't going to be worth the trouble and told him basically, "we've given you our best offer" and begin considering other options.

• Thanks 1