A&M going to be a good measuring stick

JwgreDeux

Tonights game is going to be a good measuring stick on this AU team. Win or lose, there's a ton of games left to be played so it won't be a must win or anything. The reason I say it will be a good measure, is they are strong where we are strong, matchup-wise, and weak where we are weak. So we will likely be forced to perform better in our areas of weakness to win this game. They defend the 2 very well, but not the 3, can we make 3's? They offensive rebound very well and get to the foul line a ton, can we rebound better and not foul as much? They generate turnovers well, can we limit ours? This is a bad matchup for us. Have we grown enough to win this game. I'm glad this test is at home. Very interesting game tonight. 

• Like 1

Smells like a trap for sure.  But I just hope the referees do not get in the way of the game.  Let them play a little but call the obvious stuff.  

I have thought the refs have done a pretty decent job of late.

Not sure I'd call it a trap.

I think This is a signature game for both teams tonight. 

12 hours ago, AUGoo said:

I have thought the refs have done a pretty decent job of late.

Not sure I'd call it a trap.

I think This is a signature game for both teams tonight. 

Proved we are pretenders tonight.

• Sad 1

Here's an interesting note.

After the loss last night, Pearl is now 1-4 against Texas A&M under Buzz Williams. It seems Buzz has Pearl's number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last night, I think we learned what we can expect as we enter the tough part of our schedule.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

After the loss last night, Pearl is now 1-4 against Texas A&M under Buzz Williams. It seems Buzz has Pearl's number.

I thought about looking that up earlier but glad you posted it. I thought as much. I only watched the first half and saw mammoth wide voids in the lane for open layups. It was an early morning at work for me so I said goodnight at the half figuring that it was over. 

On 1/26/2023 at 5:25 PM, Auburnfan91 said:

Buzz is a good coach, does good work...no doubt about it

• Like 1