Men vs WVU Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Those not watching don’t start now. Terrible start!

This is about what I expected after we started playing decent teams, our schedule was incredibly soft early on.

• Like 1

Our offense is so bad it affects us negatively on the defensive end. Our turnovers make it so we don't get good defensive positioning and our mentality on defense is shaken. We've seen that this team CAN defend well when we limit turnovers and take smart high percentage shots and successfully work it inside with Broome. But against teams with good guards we can't do that and it dominoes to bad offense and then bad defense. Bruce can't simply coach hard defense and hope that saves us. He has to fix this offense.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Our offense is so bad it affects us negatively on the defensive end. Our turnovers make it so we don't get good defensive positioning and our mentality on defense is shaken. We've seen that this team CAN defend well when we limit turnovers and take smart high percentage shots and successfully work it inside with Broome. But against teams with good guards we can't do that and it dominoes to bad offense and then bad defense. Bruce can't simply coach hard defense and hope that saves us. He has to fix this offense.

This offense isn’t getting fixed until transfer season. 

• Like 1

Get used to this. This is what you will be seeing until March. Hopefully Bruce will recruit guards that can shoot the basketball for the first time in several years. 

• Like 1

Our offense is so bad it affects us negatively on the defensive end. Our turnovers make it so we don't get good defensive positioning and our mentality on defense is shaken. We've seen that this team CAN defend well when we limit thrivers and take smart high percentage shots and successfully work it inside with Broome. But against teams with good guards we can't do that and it dominoes to bad offense and then bad defense. Bruce can't simply coach hard defense and hope that saves us. He has to fix this offense.

That guy that's torching us is  south Carolina transfer. Wonder why Bruce didn't go after him. Prob afraid he would upset one of the guards on the team

• Like 1

Just now, Dunndone414 said:

This offense isn’t getting fixed until transfer season. 

Oh I agree. Im talking about next season. And im saying that because he had a chance to fix these issues last transfer season and did not. There were players to go after that could have helped this team much more than going hard for Traore

I sure hope Westry gets his groove back next year.  I really figured he would be the shooter we have been missing this year.  I just don't understand our inability to score.

Oh I agree. Im talking about next season. And im saying that because he had a chance to fix these issues last transfer season and did not. There were players to go after that could have helped this team much more than going hard for Traore

That’s what I don’t understand. Bruce should know our needs more than anyone and needs weren’t met. It’s frustrating.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I sure hope Westry gets his groove back next year.  I really figured he would be the shooter we have been missing this year.  I just don't understand our inability to score.

I guess Westry going to miss the entire year, who knows what’s going on with him