Men vs WVU Game Thread

Maverick.AU

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Too old and too fat

I don't know if you still live in the area and if you do you may or may not have seen they do these "legends" of the area games. Where people want to see but of course the team with the youngest group is the team that will win. I think I'm going to try to get in shape and play really well in that and hang up my kicks after that. But we'll see this summer

5 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Our offense hasn't been great, but our defense is what is mostly costing us games. We aren't built to win games when giving up 75+ points. Putting Moore in so soon after injury at the 4 of all spots is a strange move by CBP. He doesn't look healthy and hasn't attempted a shot in his two games back. Talk about disrupting an offense and defense that was starting to get momentum. I know CBP is working his butt off to find the right rotation, but this is not it. Hopefully we get right vs UGA and he finds a rotation to stick with down the stretch. 

What group or line up do you believe is our best defensive group?

After that who do you think is our best closing group?

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am 71 and I still play some. The difference is now I play just to play and not get to fat. It is sad when you get to old to be competitive. At one time I had wheels and could jump so was strong on defense, boarding and getting out on the break.  Didn't really play BBall till in college so never was a very good shot so I would fit right into this team. LOL

Man you play still at 71? I salute you sir. I remember when I was in school at Auburn there would be a group of older men and they would play in the morning/afternoon everyday. Their games would get pretty physical and intense!

• Like 1

I would imagine Holloway would need a little time to get adjusted if he's small? I have to go watch his highlights and see. I imagine he must be pretty damn good though right?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know if you still live in the area and if you do you may or may not have seen they do these "legends" of the area games. Where people want to see but of course the team with the youngest group is the team that will win. I think I'm going to try to get in shape and play really well in that and hang up my kicks after that. But we'll see this summer

I'm still in the area. I played in something similar prob 15 yrs ago.The time I played it was in the Bradshaw Dome....I played in Junior College for 2 yrs and haven't played organized ball since then cept maybe 4 or 5 times.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Watching now, it just became 5-12 

I wish God made Zep Jasper 4 inches taller 

Hell me too. This working a 9-5 sucks. If I'm 6'6" that could change my entire trajectory lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Hell me too. This working a 9-5 sucks. If I'm 6'6" that could change my entire trajectory lol

I always felt like I woulda been a hell of a  NBA JJ Reddick (not Duke JJ, he’s too good). Great mover off ball, feisty, smart game, just got cursed to be 5’10 lol 

Speaking of, I hope we start setting a limit on short dudes every class. You don’t get to recruit over X amount of 5’10 PGs or 6’1 2 guards. Even if we gotta start some 6’5 kid from the rec center, it is what it is 

5 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I get this. And if thats the situation I get why he is doing what he is. But thats a HUGE promise to make if thats what he did. Essentially almost no guard transfers for what, 3 years? They better work out. Seems thats all benefit to those players and not much to the team. I'd take a year of pain going with a lesser guard option than promise 3 years locked up with our current set. Thank 8lbs 5 oz. sweet baby Jesus for Aden Holloway at a minimum.

I guess Zep leaves at the end of this year. But if we have WG and KD playing major roles next year, get ready for an underperforming year that wastes what could be our last year with Broome.

Y'all just sent me to the cabinet for a double bourbon.  I didn't realize that Wendell Green and/or KD Johnson could return next season.

Gonna be a long night of drinking here...

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Y'all just sent me to the cabinet for a double bourbon.  I didn't realize that Wendell Green and/or KD Johnson could return next season.

Gonna be a long night of drinking here...

I can't lie....this post was pretty damn funny

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

So is Yohan out of the rotation now? Hasn't played the last 2 games if I'm not mistaken.

I believe he is dealing with a lingering injury.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 1:59 PM, cole256 said:

Best defensive is probably Zep/KD/AF/Williams/Broome. Best Closing is probably Green/KD/AF/Williams/Broome.

I really wrestle with KD's game. I don't love putting him in these groups, but there just isn't a better option on the bench. I thought Chance would be by now and I like aspects of Donaldson's game, but he's not ready fully yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 1:59 PM, cole256 said:

Came across this. It shows our three most productive groupings over the whole season

B2DB20A5-2FAC-4929-A132-DD42A058555C.png

• Thanks 1