2025 4* DL Malik Autry commits to AU !

gr82b4au

Auburn picks up first 2025 commitment in 2025 DL Malik Autry

5 minutes ago

It only took one meeting between Auburn's new staff and 2025 defensive lineman Malik Autry to know where he wanted to play his college ball.

On Wednesday, the second National Signing Day for the 2023 class as it wraps up, Auburn picked up its first commitment for the Class of 2025, nearly two years before Autry can put pen to paper and sign.

"Very excited," Autry told Auburn Undercover. "I've been an Auburn fan since I was a little boy. I have pictures of me with an Auburn jersey and an Auburn helmet on since I was super young. Just knowing that I have a possibility to be a part of this team and just knowing that coaches trust and believe in me at such a young age is very great."

As Autry is going into the second year of his sophomore semester in high school, he's grown up from an edge rusher to now checking in at 6-foot-6, 280 pounds and projects as a true defensive tackle at the next level — still with two years of high school football left to play.

Autry continues the strong stretch of high school and transfer portal recruiting that first-year defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett and assistant defensive line coach Vontrell King-Williams have done since taking over.

"They were all just super humble, super real guys," Autry said. "They weren't trying to say anything that was fake or even when I decided I was going to commit, he made sure I went home and talked to my parents first and made sure everybody was okay with what I was doing. He wasn't just trying to — you can tell he really wants the best for me with whatever I have going on."

Now Autry has two more years to focus on football and recruits others to join him in the class.

"Yes sir, that's actually one of the things that made me want to commit to Auburn," Autry said. "I see like, there's not many '24 commits right now and I just want to see that Coach Freeze start something new so I want to be the face of that, start it off."

1COMMENTS

Auburn is now one of only three SEC schools with a Class of 2025 commit, joining Georgia which has four commitments and Alabama which holds one commitment.

247Sports only has 100 recruits ranked right now in the 2025 cycle, with Autry currently being unranked.

• Love 2

• gr82b4au changed the title to 2025 4* DL Malik Autry commits to AU !
12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gonna most likely be a top 50 prospect

I fully agree. Who knows how high he could have gotten if he hadn't committed to us lol.

24 and 25 classes will be the tale of the tape for Hugh Freeze and I personally think he is going to knock it out of the park. Also, that 25 class will be close to as good as the 23 in-state class....except it is more skill players.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I fully agree. Who knows how high he could have gotten if he hadn't committed to us lol.

24 and 25 classes will be the tale of the tape for Hugh Freeze and I personally think he is going to knock it out of the park. Also, that 25 class will be close to as good as the 23 in-state class....except it is more skill players.

The more auburn people that get subs to the recruiting sites, the higher he’ll be ranked … ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

We have to kill it in state.

While it would be nice, no we don't. We have great states to recruit from in Georgia and Florida. We just have to do better than we have done in state for a good while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

While it would be nice, no we don't. We have great states to recruit from in Georgia and Florida. We just have to do better than we have done in state for a good while.

Told Hugh is making Georgia a huge priority. Something Gus and Harsin didn't do. 

Edited by WarDamnEagleWDE
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I understand what you’re saying but for it to be a “special class” as I originally stated I think he’s right. We need to kill it in state and get Henderson, Williams, and other top in state talent. Could still be a very good class other wise but some of those guys might put it over the top. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think in order to have an elite class...yes we do. We could have a good class missing on In state guys because there are enough to go around from Georgia and Florida, but to have an elite class we need to get more than our share of instate talent in 2025 IMO. Same way we needed to kill it instate in 23. Anytime there is that level of top notch talent in state we need to kill it. 

58 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Seems ‘25 has chance to be a very special class!

There is a very real possibility that 25 is going to be stupid good!!!!   This was a great start!!!!   I’m hoping we get our QB early, Ant Hill is a stud! Add Alvin Henderson and Ryan Williams early as well, and we’re off to likely the best class in AU history!!!🙌🙌🙌

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I understand what you’re saying but for it to be a “special class” as I originally stated I think he’s right. We need to kill it in state and get Henderson, Williams, and other top in state talent. Could still be a very good class other wise but some of those guys might put it over the top. 

Expecting special the 1st 2 class seems out there to me. A realistic goal for 2024 from a fans' prespective is top 12 IMO then work our way up from there.

Also with UGa recruiting & landing more nationally & leaving their in state doors open, we can have special classes by raiding Georgia while they look nationally.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think in order to have an elite class...yes we do. We could have a good class missing on In state guys because there are enough to go around from Georgia and Florida, but to have an elite class we need to get more than our share of instate talent in 2025 IMO. Same way we needed to kill it instate in 23. Anytime there is that level of top notch talent in state we need to kill it. 

As I said above, with Georgia looking more nationally we don't need to kill it in state to have spacial classes if we do well in Georgia.

5 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

off to likely the best class in AU history

That's a high bar. We had the #2 class in the nation. I believe it was 2011 and on Scout.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

That's a high bar. We had the #2 class in the nation. I believe it was 2011 and on Scout.

We can dream big right now.   It’s still almost 2 years away.  🤣🤣🤣

It may not wind up being ranked highest ever, but the potential is there at this point.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Great pick up.

I laughed at this as no one seems to edit anymore.

As Autry is going into the second year of his sophomore semester

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Great pick up.

I laughed at this as no one seems to edit anymore.

As Autry is going into the second year of his sophomore semester

Saw that too. First thought was “no way this kid qualifies”🤓

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Expecting special the 1st 2 class seems out there to me. A realistic goal for 2024 from a fans' prespective is top 12 IMO then work our way up from there.

Also with UGa recruiting & landing more nationally & leaving their in state doors open, we can have special classes by raiding Georgia while they look nationally.

We’re talking about ‘25 not ‘24

Great beginning to 2025 class. 6'8" 280 pounds and he doesn't look like he has any bad weight. He already has a grown mans body and still as two years to get bigger and stronger without adding bad weight. I am willing to bet money this staff will provide him the type of information he will need to improve both physically and technically.

Things like a nutrition plan, strength and conditioning plan, etc. things that he can use to get better on his own and with his HS program.

Mr. Autry welcome to Auburn and War Eagle.

Edited by AuburnNTexas