2024 5* PG Tahaad Pettiford Signs with AU!

AU Is Gold

21 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

2024 PG Tahaad Pettiford has set his announcement date for February 1st.

I haven’t seen any smoke to indicate he’s Auburn-bound. There’s a paywalled article about him today though, so maybe there is new intel. 

I really want Labaron Philon from Mobile, but it’s been a long time since we’ve landed a #1 AL recruit. (Danjel Purifoy in the class of 2015.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Another short guard…

But one who can shoot.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Another short guard…

Short guards are not our problem. It’s the talent level of the ones we currently have. Aden is only listed at 6 ft.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tahaad Pettiford set to announce Wednesday, live on the 247Sports channel

Jan 30, 8:56 PM

Hudson Catholic (NJ) and New Heights Lightning 2024 point guard Tahaad Pettiford will announce his college commitment on Wednesday at 3:00pm ET, live on the 247Sports Channel.

Pettiford will choose from a list of seven finalists that includes Auburn, Connecticut, Kansas, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Seton Hall, and UCLA.

The 6-foot-1 playmaker, who has five-star status in the 247Sports Composite, has missed the season to date with a torn meniscus, but hopes to be back for the post-season.

“I’m feeling a lot better since my surgery,” Pettiford told Dushawn London earlier this month. “We’re two months in and one more until I’m cleared to play. We’re looking forward to playoffs for me to come back.”

The injury has also given the talented point guard some perspective about what he is looking for in his future college coaches.

“I’ll be looking for a coaching staff who will stay with me, keep checking on me, and are making sure my family and I are okay even though I’m not playing. I’m looking for the ones who not only care about the basketball aspect, but also care about me outside of basketball.”

“On the court, I try and see how the teams play and the game styles that would fit mine,” he continued. “I’m looking for a system where the coaches let the players go and lead the team.”

6COMMENTS

Pettiford took an official visit to Auburn in September and has visited Connecticut unofficially.

Stay tuned to the 247Sports channel to watch his live announcement Wednesday at 3pm.

• Like 1

BREAKING: Auburn lands nation's No. 3 point guard Tahaad Pettiford

7 minutes ago

For the second straight class, Auburn has landed an elite point guard.

The second commitment of Auburn's 2024 class is that of Tahaad Pettiford, the No. 3 point guard in the country who chose the Tigers on Wednesday afternoon over Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, UConn and others. A product of Hudson Catholic in New Jersey, Pettiford is a 5-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite ratings as the No. 22 overall recruit in the class.

He joins 4-star center Peyton Marshall, who committed in December, in a 2024 class that has a chance to be special for Bruce Pearl's program.

Pettiford's only official visit this past fall was to Auburn in September. He unofficially visited UConn during this season.

The decision by Pettiford, who's been measured at 6-foot-1 recently, makes for back-to-back classes with a 5-star Composite point guard for Auburn, after Aden Holloway signed with the program this past November.

Assuming Pettiford signs, he'll become the third-highest rated recruit in Auburn history, ahead of Yohan Traore and behind only Jabari Smith and Sharife Cooper.

5COMMENTS

With Pettiford's commitment, Auburn makes an early move into the top 5 for 2024, with the No. 4 recruiting class in the country.

The Tigers will likely pursue up to four players in the 2024 class, and more movement could come in just a couple days. The No. 1 player in the state of Alabama, combo guard Labaron Philon out of Mobile, told Auburn Undercover that he's set to commit during a ceremony at Baker High School on Friday. Philon currently has two 247Sports Crystal Balls, both to Auburn.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

• toddc changed the title to 2024 5* Tahaad Pettiford #3 Guard Commits to Auburn

Looks like we got em!! Thats a big time player to pull out of the North East. Curious what his real size is. To get that high rating he is talented regardless but i've seen his height listed everywhere from 5-10 to 6-2. That is quite the range. 

Auburn basketball lands 5-star point guard Tahaad Pettiford

Updated: Feb. 01, 2023, 2:30 p.m.|Published: Feb. 01, 2023, 2:27 p.m.
~3 minutes

Boys Basketball: Hudson Catholic vs. St. Joseph (Met.), February 12, 2022

Tahaad Pettiford (0) of Hudson Catholic tries to score against Josh Ingram (24) of St, Joseph during the Heart 2 Hands Showcase boys basketball game between Hudson Catholic and St. Joseph (Met.) Roselle, NJ on Saturday, February 12, 2022. Scott Faytok | For NJ Advance Media

Tahaad Pettiford will be an Auburn Tiger. The five-star point guard from Jersey City, New Jersey announced his commitment on Tuesday afternoon, picking the Tigers from his seven finalists.

He’s the second member of Bruce Pearl’s 2024 class, joining four-star center Peyton Marshall. He’s a 5-foot-11, 160-pounder ranked 22nd on the 247Sports Composite and No. 2 point guard in his class. His other contenders were Seton Hall, Ole Miss, Kansas, Kentucky, Connecticut and UCLA.

“I’ll be starting my next chapter at Auburn University,” Pettiford announced from Hudson (N.J.) Catholic on the 247Sports Youtube channel.

Pettiford, who visited the Plains on an official visit on Sept. 17, credited that trip as part of his decision, citing the campus as a “second home.” It’s the second year in a row that Auburn has earned a commitment from one of the country’s top point guards. California’s Aden Holloway signed his letter of intent for the class of 2023 in November.

Pettiford had surgery two months ago to repair a torn meniscus. He hopes to rejoin his high school team later this season in the playoffs. When healthy, Pettiford showcased his skills as a solid dribbler with good vision and elite shooting. The lefty would pair well with another blue-chip guard Labaron Philon. The Baker point guard is ranked 41st nationally and has the Tigers among his finalists.

Philon is announcing on Friday and is predicted to join Pettiford and Marshall on the Plains. The trio would give Auburn the No. 3 class in the 247Sports Composite team rankings and best in the SEC.

More Tigers basketball: Auburn point guard signee Aden Holloway named McDonald’s All-American

Can Auburn make most of ‘incredible opportunity’ to bolster tournament resume over final 11 games?

Nick Alvarez is a reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @nick_a_alvarez or email him at NAlvarez@al.com.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great start to the 2024 class we now have a  5* PG and a  4* Center in this class. Bruce and staff are working. Traore, Donaldson,  and Westry should be reaching  their potential by 2024 but we need a CG and SF in this class also. We already have a PG in the 2023 class.   I am not sure if the plan is to try and get all HS players or a combination of HS and Portal players but either way this is agreat beginning. I am hoping that Friday we can add the CG Philon as some think we have a solid chance.

Mr. Pettiford welcome to Auburn and War Eagle.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* PG Tahaad Pettiford Commits to AU (Merged)

Meant to say this earlier but 247 composite is no longer the standard for rankings because their rankings don't include on3. The On3 Consensus is now the standard for the most fair system at this time because it includes all 4 sites. They have Pettiford as a concensus 4* right now so that's why 4* is in the title. If and when he gets bumped to a 5* on the concensus the title will be updated.

• Thanks 1

661979C0-8C09-4BB9-82A5-452C0D744B14.jpeg

• Haha 3

4CE0FD96-4469-43C0-8DEB-E5F59C00AAFC.gif

• Haha 1

E571AE9E-DAF9-44C1-A026-4A4C42434001.gif

• Haha 1

51FA0A13-7D28-43C6-967D-3F8BF8BE1D31.gif

2405B603-CF21-4B2B-A18B-38D167A5976D.gif

• Like 1