Chance Westry

Rednilla

I thought BP said that he came back a little too early and reinjured the leg a bit. So that set him back more than anticipated. At this time he is healed but not in SEC shape. He is an emergency addition only. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CCTAU said:

I thought BP said that he came back a little too early and reinjured the leg a bit. So that set him back more than anticipated. At this time he is healed but not in SEC shape. He is an emergency addition only. 

He came back later than the expected timeline for that injury too. There’s definitely a desire to not throw him out there in battle without being completely ready to fight, but I really think they want to baby that knee too 

And maybe if it was a team where he could feasibly ease back into play because everyone else is so good, that’d be something to consider. But THIS team is basically fighting for its life every game, and they don’t have any real cupcakes left to re-acclimate someone in 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TXaubie said:

My point was Pearl stating that he was gonna shut him down the whole time he is praising him didn’t add up to me.  I was glad to hear that Pearl is gonna try and red shirt him. That would make sense as a reason to shut him down.  Matter of fact, that is the only reason you would shut a player’s season short.  Period!!  We could be winning or losing by fifty in a game.  There would be absolutely no reason to not play a kid in that situation  Unless you didn’t want to burn a red shirt!!

What game do you expect us to win or lose by 50? 30? I don't see one. The reason he isn't playing is because he's not physically or mentally ready to compete in the SEC. It's a nice excuse to say "Oh he's redshirting" but the fact is if he could help AU win games, he'd play.  It's not complicated, Westry is not ready to help us win games and the redshirting thing is nothing but an inconsequential side effect of his not being ready to play.