2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

• Zeek pinned this topic

i have always been a fan of getting a QB early in the process. It typically makes it a lot easier to get everyone else on board. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

Looks like we are about to become DBU here soon 

That has served LSU well over the years.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

Looks like we are about to become DBU here soon 

Looking at how many we’ve got in the league right now is awesome, and we have two corners coming back that will in all likelihood be in the league next year.

AU=DBU

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

NR LB Joseph Phillips | visited 1-28-23

Some of the other sites are talking about getting his commitment sometime later this spring, and I think he will be rated a four-star at some point. He has offers from just about everybody. 

• Like 1

Here are the WRs that Niebuhr/Lee talk about in that podcast and have had some discussion around them since the shift to 2024

Cameron Coleman (Marcus Davis’s first 2024 WR offer) https://247sports.com/player/cameron-coleman-46115877/

Perry Thompson (Bama commit but visited AU early January and now is only “60%” committed) https://247sports.com/player/perry-thompson-46118293/

Ny Carr (UGA commit, attended Auburn’s JR day) https://247sports.com/player/ny-carr-46131259/

TJ Moore (his HC is Jeris McIntyre 😬https://247sports.com/player/terrance-moore-46135215/

All of them are 6’3+ except Carr.  

Also 4* TE Martavious Collins just decommitted from Bama.  He is one of the names Walker White called out.  https://247sports.com/player/martavious-collins-46102029/

Also looking like Burnette may be about to do something.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

This class is gonna be the program defining foundation for championship runs

Now that we have a full staff that cares about recruiting we’re going to clean up in in-state recruiting now. We just have to somehow get the Birmingham metro kids to believe in Auburn and sign with us

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Now that we have a full staff that cares about recruiting we’re going to clean up in in-state recruiting now. We just have to somehow get the Birmingham metro kids to believe in Auburn and sign with us

Mobile is key, IMO

• Like 7

Just now, bigbird said:

Mobile is key, IMO

Beat me to it! You’re fast ol’ bird..

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Mobile is key, IMO

Roger McCreary should be the main recruiting pitch since that's where he's from 

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

It's amazing how much the enthusiasm has shifted in just 2 months!

When I first heard the name Freeze, I thought "Meh". Although, I preferred him or Deion over Kiffin all day. 

But Wow! This is like the first time in several years that I've been excited about football season, and we're still a long way off.

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used to visit this forum daily.  I got frustrated with Gus and got to the point where I begged for him to be gone.

I got my wish, and and at first I was on board with Harsin. That changed and at the end of year 1 I declared him as dead man walking.  

year 2 I completely stopped watching games and the recruiting forum became a wasteland. There was no need to visit. None.

Cadillac gave me renewed energy and I started to believe again. I was never prouder of the heart our team showed.

When we hired Coach Freeze I celebrated. He was on my very short list. I haven't missed a day since. I visit the recruiting forum several times a day. If there is a new post on this thread I will read it. 

I am looking forward to watching 2024 play out.

Edited by lutzcammed
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I am a school administrator in Moody. Freeze and Caddy were here a few weeks ago to speak to Ganus and Amon. We also have a couple juniors that have been offered by Kentucky.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, baccusm said:

I am a school administrator in Moody. Freeze and Caddy were here a few weeks ago to speak to Ganus and Amon. We also have a couple juniors that have been offered by Kentucky.

Awesome! Keep us posted on them, please 

2 hours ago, baccusm said:

Not that it really makes much difference, but Amon Lane is not in Alabaster anymore. He transferred to Moody when Ganus became the football coach at MHS.

Thanks and fixed.