Is Brodie In Trouble?

Proud Tiger

With Closner out, bama's already suspect OL will be even weaker with little depth. LSU will blitz the heck out of them and Brodie will take some hits.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LSU's defense will be UAT's toughest to date. Them big corndogs will be after Brodie!! I'm still in a quandry over hoping AUT beats LSU...it just ain't natural.

Thats a great point Bama will have to run some screens and draws but that dosent mean he is not going to get hit.

I thought this was a DUI thread.

I wonder how come the media hasn't pillioried Shula for allowing John Phillip Sousa or whoever to play the week after his DUI?

196066[/snapback]

his name is John Parker Wilson

I thought this was a DUI thread.

I wonder how come the media hasn't pillioried Shula for allowing John Phillip Sousa or whoever to play the week after his DUI?

196066[/snapback]

his name is John Parker Wilson

196067[/snapback]

John Phillip Sousa

John Boy Walton

John Boy and Billy

John Parker Wilson

Whatever.

FWIW, I knew the boy's name. I read it in the police report.

Back to my question, however...

Where is the media outrage at Shula for allowing John Bon Jovi... errr....John Jacob Jingleheimer....errr.... John Harvey Oswald......err.......John Paul Getty.....errr...... whatever his name is to play in a game the week after a DUI arrest.

Do you think any other SEC coach would be spared the harsh criticism Shula deserves?

John Phillip Sousa

John Boy Walton

John Boy and Billy

John Parker Wilson

Whatever.

FWIW, I knew the boy's name. I read it in the police report.

196069[/snapback]

Tee hee hee...dood you're funny. :big:

i hope like hell that he makes it through this game without getting hurt. i can't handle another year of "if only brodie wasn't hurt" excuses after we wax that a$$ for them in JHS.

Where is the media outrage at Shula for allowing John Bon Jovi... errr....John Jacob Jingleheimer....errr.... John Harvey Oswald......err.......John Paul Getty.....errr...... whatever his name is to play in a game the week after a DUI arrest. 

Do you think any other SEC coach would be spared the harsh criticism Shula deserves?

196113[/snapback]

This is my favorite thread on the board.... :roflol::roflol::roflol:

196113[/snapback]

This is my favorite thread on the board.... :roflol::roflol::roflol:

196119[/snapback]

Nobody wants to address the real issue. Does Shula deserve rampant criticism for playing John Claude VanDamm one week after his DUI arrest?

Nobody wants to address the real issue. Does Shula deserve rampant criticism for playing John Claude VanDamm one week after his DUI arrest?

196132[/snapback]

{I'll play.} Of course Shulla deserves criticism. Any other coach would suspend Johnny Appleseed on the spot. CTT wouldn't stand for it. I'm sure Spurrier, Richt, Meyer, Croom, Johnon, Brooks & Miles wouldn't either. (I have my doubts about Nutt, Fulmer & Ogeron.) Any other real SEC coach would have another back up in place to replace St Brodie should be get injured from walking into a wall because he hasn't cut his mullet yet this season. But don't you realize that that's not the point at uat? Tradishun demands that they win at all costs and they can't take a chance at going into their own version of Amen Corner without a capable back up QB. Therefore (or is it Theirfour?) according to bammie logic -- he's still on the football team AND NOBODY SAYS A WORD OF PROTEST. Unbelievable, isn't it?

That's true come to think of it. I haven't heard anyone have any critical comments regarding the way Coach Shiela has handled John Paul Jones

That's true come to think of it.  I haven't heard anyone have any critical comments regarding the way Coach Shiela has handled John Paul Jones

196142[/snapback]

Not even Finescum??? :blink: Of all people I would have expected Finescum to jump on that story. :rolleyes:

Well, returning to Brodie and the O-line: I don't want to see anyone get hurt-certainly Brodie has already had his fair share of injuries and more. But I think the loss of Closner might be more damaging to their offense than the loss of Prothro.

Their O-line was already mediocre at best and now they've lost their senior leader and O-line "QB" who called the shots for the line. At the least, they will be forced out of their normal offensive scheme to protect Brodie and it's hard to change rythyms this far into the season with your two toughest opponents coming up back to back.

[On the other hand: Their normal offensive scheme was so bland, this might force Shula into being creative--something no one would be prepared for! Beware!!]

You guys are funny. If you have to keep bringing up the JPW point to get anyone to respond...maybe its a non issue.

JPW was suspended for the UT game and didnt even get to warm up. He was busted to scout team for like 2 weeks. And was punished in other ways not discussed in public. How was he supposed to handle it?

Should he have called you guys and gotten your approval first? Hell maybe he should have suspended brodie too...for the iron bowl. That would have been the only logical thing to do...at least that you guys would agree with.

Give it up. Shula is a classy coach and runs a good program.

That's true come to think of it.  I haven't heard anyone have any critical comments regarding the way Coach Shiela has handled John Paul Jones

196142[/snapback]

Not even Finescum??? :blink: Of all people I would have expected Finescum to jump on that story. :rolleyes:

196158[/snapback]

finescum is playing the drums on the bama bandwagon right now. he wouldn't criticize sheila if he slapped his secretary. B)

196185[/snapback]

Correction......

Shiela is a classy coach who has not been CAUGHT yet. Big difference.

196185[/snapback]

i agree shula is a moth$% fu$%ing g$% d@#! one he!@ of @#$@#$#@$ 3@$@# #4#@$ @#$@#$ classy coach.

You guys are funny. If you have to keep bringing up the JPW point to get anyone to respond...maybe its a non issue.

JPW was suspended for the UT game and didnt even get to warm up. He was busted to scout team for like 2 weeks. And was punished in other ways not discussed in public. How was he supposed to handle it?

Should he have called you guys and gotten your approval first? Hell maybe he should have suspended brodie too...for the iron bowl. That would have been the only logical thing to do...at least that you guys would agree with.

196185[/snapback]

Shula ia a below-mediocre-fill-in coach. He is there because they could not do any better @the time. His coaching abilities will shine with time. Mr. Kines is doing his best to save Shulers arse. :au:

Guest Tigrinum Major

196185[/snapback]

I have to agree with this part of BG's post. The kid was suspended for a game and was probably given an opportunity to get to know a lot of the steps in Jordan Hare West on an intimate level. He made a mistake and he got his punishment, even through the court system, although I am suspicious of the speed of the ruling. Most typical minor traffic violations take longer to resolve.

It is great to keep bringing it up and getting under BG's and the other Bama fans' skins though. Especially the name changes.

Carry on.

196185[/snapback]

Now THIS is FUNNY! :roflol:

Should create a "post of the week" award just for this one.

Since when did profanities and class mix? :lol::lol::lol:

196113[/snapback]

I don't know how another coach would be treated for not benching him or kicking him off of the team. Likely they wouldn't have treated another coach as nicely. However, I'm proud to say, that Tuberville would likely have sent him packing to Jr. College without caring what the media portrayed.

Archived