Is Brodie In Trouble?

Proud Tiger

Back to my question, however...

Where is the media outrage at Shula for allowing John Bon Jovi... errr....John Jacob Jingleheimer....errr.... John Harvey Oswald......err.......John Paul Getty.....errr...... whatever his name is to play in a game the week after a DUI arrest. 

Do you think any other SEC coach would be spared the harsh criticism Shula deserves?

196113[/snapback]

I don't know how another coach would be treated for not benching him or kicking him off of the team. Likely they wouldn't have treated another coach as nicely. However, I'm proud to say, that Tuberville would likely have sent him packing to Jr. College without caring what the media portrayed.

196200[/snapback]

It is a nutter proud tradishun dey got at the crapstone.

I think it is R.P.W. as in Ru Paul.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it up. Shula is a classy coach and runs a good program.

196185[/snapback]

i agree shula is a moth$% fu$%ing g$% d@#! one he!@ of @#$@#$#@$ 3@$@# #4#@$ @#$@#$ classy coach.

196191[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::thumbsup:

You're @#!*@'ing killing me here!

And you never will...

Much like how Auburn got hosed by the media for the cigar incident in Baton Rouge, then a couple of years later, the Bammers do the same thing in Knoxville and the picture is front page B'ham News but is written off as Bammer tradishun.

Most of the local media around this area are Bammer grads, so they will not go out on that limb for fear of the tradishun population backlash.

The way to handle it is not to sweep it under the rug.

If Shula suspended Mary Margaret Callahan for the Tennessee game, he should have said so. He should have said that behavior like that would not be tolerated on his team. He should have done something other than what he's done ever since he got there when his players have gotten in trouble: Claim to have punished them in private.

What about that Britt kid who got in a brawl in downtown Tuscaloosa, kicked a cop and headbutted another when they tried to subdue him? Shula "took care of that in private".

Sorry, but I gotta call "bulls-it" on that "took care of it in private" lie. I can just see how that goes.

!Q#%*$& Joe Don Baker. How come you went and !(#$%&!@ got yourself !(#%&!@% caught driving while drinking. Now I've got to !Q$*%!Y@$%Y& pretend to discipline you. Please, please, please don't !($#%*&!@%&$# do it again. I might have to !*$@%^!@$^% suspend you for the first series of the !$*%&!@#$%^ Utah State game unless Brodie gets !Q%$*!^%$^!^ hurt.....

The way to handle it is not to sweep it under the rug.

If Shula suspended Mary Margaret Callahan for the Tennessee game, he should have said so.  He should have said that behavior like that would not be tolerated on his team.  He should have done something other than what he's done ever since he got there when his players have gotten in trouble:  Claim to have punished them in private.

What about that Britt kid who got in a brawl in downtown Tuscaloosa, kicked a cop and headbutted another when they tried to subdue him?  Shula "took care of that in private". 

Sorry, but I gotta call "bulls-it" on that "took care of it in private" lie.  I can just see how that goes. 

!Q#%*$&  Joe Don Baker. How come you went and !(#$%&!@ got yourself !(#%&!@% caught driving while drinking.  Now I've got to !Q$*%!Y@$%Y& pretend to discipline you. Please, please, please don't !($#%*&!@%&$# do it again. I might have to !*$@%^!@$^% suspend you for the first series of the !$*%&!@#$%^ Utah State game unless Brodie gets !Q%$*!^%$^!^ hurt.....

196217[/snapback]

OMG! Funniest post award nominee!!! :roflol::au:

Well the difference is, Shula isnt coaching to please any of you. He doesnt have to answer to anyone but Mal Moore and Witt.

As far as the whole cussing thing goes...I think you should all attend an AU practice before you throw stones.

Devil's advocate time, even though I was critical of Shula after the Utah State game on this topic:

There are legal requirements regarding confidentiality for all students, not just athletes, these days. I don't know the full law, but it limits how much university representatives can say publicly about discipline cases. JPW police record, of course, was public until he was granted "youthful offender" status, but I don't know about his University or football disciplinary record being public.

Of course, JPW could volunteer the information himself. (Seems like that is what has happened in a few of the rare CTT discipline problems-the player or his family announcing he was transfering to junior college or the like.) I think it would be good PR for his own reputation/character, as well as the team's, for JPW to have voluntarily issued a statement regarding any team disciplinary action just to show that he was sorry and doing penance. He did issue a statement expressing regret over the incident--why not report your punishment, if any, at the same time? But that's his privilege.

I do know he was in for a few plays the week after Tennessee, which means any suspension was for no more than the Tennessee game (It was very unlikely he'd play against the Vols anyway unless Brodie got hurt).

But what happened to the "Brodie in Trouble" topic of this thread? :rolleyes:

I always knew bg was a closet "wannabee". Why else would he attend an AU practice? :roflol::roflol::roflol::poke:

As far as the whole cussing thing goes...I think you should all attend an AU practice before you throw stones.

196238[/snapback]

Practices are typically not nationally televised. Cuss in practice all you want to.

I am not saying that an Auburn coach has never cussed on the sidelines, but I can't remember too many times under CTT where I could tell without being a certified lipreader EXACTLY what the person in question was saying - and even then it usually was a single "Bulls**t!" or the like - not too many multiple f-bombs laden runonsentences. Shula makes sure that even blind people know exactly what he said, and then to make sure, he repeats himself often. :big::soapbox:

Shula :argue: ref

Speaking of how a coach disciplines a player for an arrest...here is what Spurrier did this week....

USC player arrested for DUI

196256[/snapback]

Passed out, car in gear, open container in the car. hmmm yeah thats the same.

And i would think Steve would HAVE to be a little tougher since he had, what, 6 guys in prison earlier this year from his team? I mean...if they dont learn from that, he's gotta scream a little louder to get his point across.

And Jenny...I've seen your coach hurl FBombs at refs on national TV. Just for the record.

If you use foul language its ok...as long as its in practice? hmmm

Speaking of how a coach disciplines a player for an arrest...here is what Spurrier did this week....

196256[/snapback]

WAIT!! What about privacy requirements? What about not being able to announce a punishment? What about being required to "handle it privately"??

You mean that if you do something wrong you can actually be punished by your coach and he can let the world know what he did -- to show what kind of man he is?

I guess we all know what kind of man Shula is by the way he handed the William Howard Taft situation. <_<

You guys are funny. If you have to keep bringing up the JPW point to get anyone to respond...maybe its a non issue.

JPW was suspended for the UT game and didnt even get to warm up. He was busted to scout team for like 2 weeks. And was punished in other ways not discussed in public. How was he supposed to handle it?

Should he have called you guys and gotten your approval first? Hell maybe he should have suspended brodie too...for the iron bowl. That would have been the only logical thing to do...at least that you guys would agree with.

196185[/snapback]

Was the decision made to suspend Joe Willie Wilson before or after the game. I think it was more of a "okay, we didn't need you in the game, so I hope you learned your M*&%$r F(*7%$$g lesson", now if you want to be an Alabama quarterback hero, there's a sideline reporter right over there.

And i would think Steve would HAVE to be a little tougher since he had, what, 6 guys in prison earlier this year from his team? I mean...if they dont learn from that, he's gotta scream a little louder to get his point across.

196264[/snapback]

A DUI is a DUI. Would you like to explain how the two are different???

I guess because John Bob wasn't passed out, it is okay then. Since the weeder was suspended for the first half of the blowout opener last year, we shouldn't expect anything different from coach &%$#@.

Didn't this JPW incident happen over two weeks ago? Old news and who cares?! Don't start making excuses because you feel like bashing Bama! Heck, we need them to win this week, nobody cares what happened to JPW a month ago; it doesn't matter to us!! Who cares if Shula sucks at giving discipline, just be glad he doesn't coach for us and move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, Brodie does matter to us. I do believe that they will have a harder time protecting him this week with the loss of Closner. That Britt kid doesn't know what's going on and against a tough D-Line like LSU's that'll show. I'm sure they'll throw some quick passes and maybe even break out a few trick plays, if Shula can muster up his little brain to do so, to move the ball. Whether or not they will score, who knows?!

As far as I'm concerned, WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE DAWGS!!!! We have to do that otherwise it doesn't matter what Bama does!

196264[/snapback]

A DUI is a DUI. Would you like to explain how the two are different???

I guess because John Bob wasn't passed out, it is okay then. Since the weeder was suspended for the first half of the blowout opener last year, we shouldn't expect anything different from coach &%$#@.

196269[/snapback]

Speaking of "weeder", whatever happened to ray-ray? :big:

196256[/snapback]

WAIT!! What about privacy requirements? What about not being able to announce a punishment? What about being required to "handle it privately"??

You mean that if you do something wrong you can actually be punished by your coach and he can let the world know what he did -- to show what kind of man he is?

I guess we all know what kind of man Shula is by the way he handed the William Howard Taft situation. <_<

196265[/snapback]

William Howard Taft.....Ghost, you are killin' me! :lol::lol::lol:

The only thing I would have to say in monkey-boy's defense is that his one game suspension of John the baptist was a significant step up when it comes to discipline from the head football coaches at the crapstone.

Need I remind you that David 'DUI' Palmer was forced to sit an entire quarter against Vanderbilt after receiving his 2nd DUI in less than 12 months. A DUI, lest we have forgotten, in which he was traveling at speeds in excess of 100 mph in downtown bamerham, struck another car, and fled the scene of the accident. An enitre quarter.

All in all, monkey-boy, is being an almost Atilla-the-Hun-esque disciplinarian compared to his predecessor's predecessor's predecessor's predecessor.

Didn't this JPW incident happen over two weeks ago? Old news and who cares?! Don't start making excuses because you feel like bashing Bama! Heck, we need them to win this week, nobody cares what happened to JPW a month ago; it doesn't matter to us!! Who cares if Shula sucks at giving discipline, just be glad he doesn't coach for us and move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, Brodie does matter to us. I do believe that they will have a harder time protecting him this week with the loss of Closner. That Britt kid doesn't know what's going on and against a tough D-Line like LSU's that'll show. I'm sure they'll throw some quick passes and maybe even break out a few trick plays, if Shula can muster up his little brain to do so, to move the ball. Whether or not they will score, who knows?!

As far as I'm concerned, WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE DAWGS!!!! We have to do that otherwise it doesn't matter what Bama does!

196275[/snapback]

Party pooper. :(

You guys are funny. If you have to keep bringing up the JPW point to get anyone to respond...maybe its a non issue.

JPW was suspended for the UT game and didnt even get to warm up. He was busted to scout team for like 2 weeks. And was punished in other ways not discussed in public. How was he supposed to handle it?

Should he have called you guys and gotten your approval first? Hell maybe he should have suspended brodie too...for the iron bowl. That would have been the only logical thing to do...at least that you guys would agree with.

196185[/snapback]

You're "f***ing" straight he's classy...and don't you "f***ing" forget it!!!

:P

:au::homer:

I have to agree with the let it die philosphy.

Ulysses S. Grant is young and dumb and I am sure Lee Harvey Oswald has learned his lesson. If not.......Henry H. Harrison will be back in the headlines soon enough.

Ulysses S. Grant is young and dumb and I am sure Lee Harvey Oswald has learned his lesson. If not.......Henry H. Harrison will be back in the headlines soon enough.

196326[/snapback]

The issue really isn't Richard Dean Perry or whether he learns a lesson or not. I think you can tell what lesson he's already learned by the fact that he wasn't punished in any legitimate fashion.

It's more a question of Shula's pattern of coddling law/rule breakers.

196326[/snapback]

The issue really isn't Richard Dean Perry or whether he learns a lesson or not. I think you can tell what lesson he's already learned by the fact that he wasn't punished in any legitimate fashion.

It's more a question of Shula's pattern of coddling law/rule breakers.

196336[/snapback]

You are correct Galen but everyone deserves second chances............YES even Richard Dean Anderson (thats for all you MacGyver fans out there.)

I mean after all he has big shoes to fill next year when he replaces a 2 time Heisman Trophy winner......wait BG is telling me that he didn't win the Heisman twice.........what?!?!?!?!? Streyeder just said that he hasn't even won it once. Being from Birmingham and watching the local sports guys I just assumed that he had won 2 already.

Who knows maybe John wilkes Booth....I mean Long John Silver will win one.

Archived