Is Brodie In Trouble?

Proud Tiger

I'm certain Mary Catherine Gallagher has learned his lesson and will never disappoint Coach F&$%#@2@ ever again. :au:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really think whether Kareem Abdul Jabar has learned a lesson or not is really the issue. 

Shula's repeated coddling of players is what's in contention.

196661[/snapback]

You gotta be $%@#&^! kidding me...Shula is the toughest %^&$#@! coach I have seen on his &^*%$#@ players since Du%$^@$Bose.

;)

Look, I'm sure Olivia Newton John is a good kid and all, but Shula has a track record of shoving all this under the rug. 

What Spurrier did to the guy at SC is how a coach should handle the situation. He was firm, he was direct and he was fair.  He didn't say he would "handle it privately."  He didn't sit him out for a game that he wasn't going to play in and then say that was the punishment retroactively.  Do you honestly believe that if Brodie had crumpled on the game's first play, Nat King Cole wouldn't have been first off the bench?  Please.

196539[/snapback]

I have not been able to post on this thread yet because I can't see through the tears rolling down my face. But now that I am in control, I think Hillary Rodham Clinton got off too easy. How is it a punishment to make Charles Nelson Riley sit out for a game he probably wouldn't have seen time in anyway? That's like telling me I can't vote in the next Democratic primary. And like Galen said, if they had needed him, you KNOW Shula wouldn't have taken the high road and called in the water boy to replace Brodie if needed instead of letting David Allen Coe fill in. So there were simply NO consequences for his actions!! Handling it privately does not send a very good message. This tells all the other players either that (a) if you are a critical player like Henry David Thoreau, then you get a free ride no matter what you do, or ( B) that you can even get a DUI like Ralph Waldo Emerson and still keep right on representing the Crapstone with no repercussions.

For once, I support Spurrier - kick their butts PUBLICALLY. You would think with all the bad PR that bammer has had over the last few years, that they would ahve made a point of doing the right thing and letting everyone know it.

Lemarcus was kicked off the team after his second offense.

Brandon Reed was kicked off the team after his second ARREST.

Things happen to teenage kids.

Dont tell me CTT would have kicked brandon cox off the team last year had he gotten a DUI.

Speaking of how a coach disciplines a player for an arrest...here is what Spurrier did this week....

USC player arrested for DUI

196256[/snapback]

Passed out, car in gear, open container in the car. hmmm yeah thats the same.

And i would think Steve would HAVE to be a little tougher since he had, what, 6 guys in prison earlier this year from his team? I mean...if they dont learn from that, he's gotta scream a little louder to get his point across.

And Jenny...I've seen your coach hurl FBombs at refs on national TV. Just for the record.

If you use foul language its ok...as long as its in practice? hmmm

196264[/snapback]

Yes it is the same, whether he is passed out already or whether he is still driving around, At least the one passed out has almost quit being a threat to others on the road. Still a threat b/c the goober could wake up at anytime. I do not like drunks, especially those that choose to drive.

Dont tell me CTT would have kicked brandon cox off the team last year had he gotten a DUI.

196673[/snapback]

WRONG AGAIN!!! BG

Rowell got booted from the team on the first offense but did not lose his scholarship. Tubs sent him to JUCO to "get his head on straight" - exact words Tommy used in the press conference. After the season Tubs invited him back and allowed him to return on shcolarship. He screwed up again and Tubs booted him FOR GOOD!!

I agree with you completely Galen. Coddling Peter Tom Willis will surely backfire at some point. :au:

Let me hijack a little more here. TF24 reminded me of something me and a buddy of mine laughed our heads off at. A few years back, Ole Piss was playing Tulane in an early Saturday game. (Okay, it was the only game on) Cold Piss had their stud, Duece McAllister, and another pretty good back named Joe Gunn. Mold Piss began a drive about their own 10 and had Gunn at tailback. They kept feeding Gunn the ball and he was ripping off yardage 6-8 yards at a time.

They drove all the way down field on the back of Joe Gunn and just as he carried to the 1/2 yard line, yep, you guessed it, in comes Duece. They hand the ball off, Duece dives over the top of the worn out Tulane defense and the crowd goes wild...."Duuuuuuuuuueeece".

They come back from break and there's Duece on the sidelines, I swear to God, holding an oxygen mask to his face and giving a peace sign to the camera...."Hi mom. Hi mom."

1 carry, 1/2 yard, 1 touchdown. Duuuuuuuuece. :D

For once, I support Spurrier - kick their butts PUBLICALLY.  You would think with all the bad PR that bammer has had over the last few years, that they would ahve made a point of doing the right thing and letting everyone know it.

196671[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Good ones!

I think Bama and Shula simply relied on the fawning media they knew would overlook anything they did in their rush to deifiy someone, anyone at the Crapshoot as the "next" Bahr, or the "next" Joe Silly or the "next" whatever. That's why Shula wasn't really worried about how to handle Catherine Zeta Jones' irresponsible behavior.

This is the same bunch that had a guy supposedly ******* **** in his room a couple of years ago and he got to play until his performance became an issue. I won't call the kid's name because it isn't funny.

***EDIT: Please don't make such strong allegations without something to back it up, even if the player isn't mentioned.***

196673[/snapback]

Look we all know that Laura Ingle Wilder got off easy. There is no denying it. The proof is in the pudding! There is no way with a straight face you can say that John Miacheal Montgomery got what he deserved. Like Jenny said, telling Emerson Lake & Powell that he wasn't going to play in that game was not hard to do. Shiela really took the morale highground with that decision! I am not saying that Tiffany Amber Thiesan doesn't deserve another chance cause we all make mistakes but it smacks of the same old good ol boy attitude that has been around the crapstone for years.

Billy Bob Thornton should stay off the sauce if he wants to contribute to the Turds MNC run.

What about the "playing" status of James Earl Jones? :huh:

196720[/snapback]

Look, Mary Queen of Scotts is not in trouble anymore. He has already served Coach Shiela's suspension.

196720[/snapback]

Anna Nicole Smith was retroactively suspended for a game she didn't compete in. Boy, that's showing her!

Here's to Jim Bob Cooter staying off the booze and off of Coach F#$@^% ****list. :au:

Who here thinks Tammy Faye Bakker got off too easy?

196735[/snapback]

I've said all along that Rodney Allen Rippy got off too easy, but the main point is not the specific punishment handed down to James Earl Ray, but the pattern it shows and the flaws it exposes in Shula's character.

Who here thinks Tammy Faye Bakker got off too easy?

196735[/snapback]

I've said all along that Rodney Allen Rippy got off too easy, but the main point is not the specific punishment handed down to James Earl Ray, but the pattern it shows and the flaws it exposes in Shula's character.

196740[/snapback]

If the best *(()^)&*(^ing coach UAT has had in 25 years says that Martin Luther King has served his time than he has. There is no reason why we should all keep bringing up any issues concerning Pope John Paul cause it serves no end. Coach *%ING Shiela is not going to run that program any differently that the rest of the bums that have been there before him.

But I thought Mikeing Shila was different and players like Boutros Boutros-Ghali would be punished more severly for classless acts such as DUIs.

:no: y'all are getting really sad with this thread... keep on bashing players... y'all are getting worse than LSU fans... that's kinda sad, because i had some respect for some AU fans for a while

oh wait, i still do, for some of the reasonable ones... like the few i know on here who have avoided this thread, because they have a shred of class...

AU, the new LSU...

:no:   y'all are getting really sad with this thread... keep on bashing players... y'all are getting worse than LSU fans... that's kinda sad, because i had some respect for some AU fans for a while

oh wait, i still do, for some of the reasonable ones... like the few i know on here who have avoided this thread, because they have a shred of class...

AU, the new LSU...

196746[/snapback]

Heat gets kinda hot in the kitchen doesn't it? Are you going to cry now or are you going to take your posts elsewhere? Must have hit a little nerve.

not from you... i could care less what you have to say... but let me mention one word about John Vaughn DOINK, and y'all would go ballistic... hey, he's a player... we don't talk about players like that... blah blah blah....

what a joke...

Archived