Is Brodie In Trouble?

Proud Tiger

Guest Tigrinum Major
not from you... i could care less what you have to say... but let me mention one word about John Vaughn DOINK, and y'all would go ballistic... hey, he's a player... we don't talk about players like that... blah blah blah....

what a joke...

196748[/snapback]

The majority of posts in this thread, including ones that were made by mods and admins, were not bashing anyone, but were poking fun at his name, which you may or may not find humorous, and questioning the punishment that he may or may not have received from his head coach, who may or may not have dropped some F bombs on national TV from time to time.

The main point, though it may (or may not) have strayed from time to time, was a question of discipline at the capstone.

And some name manipulation.

Team discipline issues and missing FGs are two different issues. Comparing Tigers and Water Tables.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not from you... i could care less what you have to say... but let me mention one word about John Vaughn DOINK, and y'all would go ballistic... hey, he's a player... we don't talk about players like that... blah blah blah....

what a joke...

196748[/snapback]

The majority of posts in this thread, including ones that were made by mods and admins, were not bashing anyone, but were poking fun at his name, which you may or may not find humorous, and questioning the punishment that he may or may not have received from his head coach, who may or may not have dropped some F bombs on national TV from time to time.

The main point, though it may (or may not) have strayed from time to time, was a question of discipline at the capstone.

And some name manipulation.

Team discipline issues and missing FGs are two different issues. Comparing Tigers and Water Tables.

196754[/snapback]

Actually it is more like comparing......let's see.........

DUI Charges and Jaywalking

Martin Luther KING !!

Awesome.

My favorites so far:

John Phillip Sousa - who started this

Long John Silver

John Cougar Mellencamp

Serious note: I got no use for anybody no matter what colors they wear who gets behind the wheel after drinking.

You ask me, Rae Dawn Chong and anybody else who is guilty of the offense should spend at least 90 days in jail and lose their license for 3-5 years.

It really comes down to what people perceive as a just punishment for Cindy Lou Who. If Coach $%&*# feels that H.R. Puff N' Stuff has served his time, then who are we to criticize? I'm sure that the publicity that centered around the whole episode was very stressful to Pepe Le Pew.

Now get off Billy Ray Cyrus' back people. Coach *^%$*#@ will handle his team's affairs privately and what he does with Chi Chi Rodriguez is no business of ours.

I never liked Sally Jesse Raphael myself. I guess it must be those dark pink glasses. :big:

I never liked Sally Jesse Raphael myself. I guess it must be those dark pink glasses. :big:

196783[/snapback]

Be careful! Some people who are on their RIVALS BB are going to get their feelings hurt cause they won't put their big girl panties on.

Guest Tigrinum Major

flush, those rival fans are welcome around here. Most of them are good folks, just a little misguided. Besides, who else would we beat up on for lunch money if they weren't around?

Seriously, those that bring some civil (and sometimes reasonable uncivil) discourse to the table are welcome to stay. There have been very few bannings around here.

I myself am a member of several rival boards and enjoy the variety at times. I lurk more than anything these days, but it is interesting to get a different perspective from time to time.

flush, those rival fans are welcome around here.  Most of them are good folks, just a little misguided.  Besides, who else would we beat up on for lunch money if they weren't around?

Seriously, those that bring some civil (and sometimes reasonable uncivil) discourse to the table are welcome to stay.  There have been very few bannings around here. 

I myself am a member of several rival boards and enjoy the variety at times.  I lurk more than anything these days, but it is interesting to get a different perspective from time to time.

196785[/snapback]

Oh I understand WHOLEHEARTEDLY! And I agree with you. I hope it is evident to the others around here that I like civil conversation and can take a good natured ribbing as well. If you gonna dish it out though you better be able to take it! Most of them keep their big girl panties on and can roll with the punches.....Did I say roll with the punches?.....I meant "it's rollin' baby, it's rollin".

My hope is that Crosby Stills and Nash has a wonderful career and much success as a clipboard holder for the Turd.

**My personal favorites of the day: 1) John Michael Montgomery 2) Laura Ingles Wilder I almost peed when i read that one. :D:au:

You ask me, Rae Dawn Chong and anybody else who is guilty of the offense should spend at least 90 days in jail and lose their license for 3-5 years.

196760[/snapback]

Yeah, but if you are a bammer football player arrested in Tuscaloser and your name is Edgar Allen Poe, then you get off easier than Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart on a date with Pamela Anderson Lee. Mike F'in Shula gets a free pass about the issue, while Coach Tommy Tuberville would have to be Jean Claude VanDamme to escape the hordes of media trying to make a federal case out of it if an Auburn player was involved.

if you are a bammer football player arrested in Tuscaloser and your name is Edgar Allen Poe, then you get off easier than Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart on a date with Pamela Anderson Lee. 

196790[/snapback]

You had me at mozart!

Well, in all honesty, we know that Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds is a good guy. We are criticizing the Discipline.

Well, in all honesty, we know that Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds is a good guy. We are criticizing the Discipline.

196824[/snapback]

This thread had kind of played itself out to its inevitable conclusion, but since some Bama fans seem to think that running out of humorous three-name combinations somehow equates to an admission of guilt or something, I'll punt it back just for kicks.

I hope Sarah Jessica Parker gets his affairs in order, just as I hope the same for Kevin Parisians. However, the primary issue remains the way in which the situations were handled by the respective head coaches. Most of us -- even a few of the rational Tide fans -- recognize that Shula's response and retroactive punishment sends the wrong message.

I just don't see how "You stand over there and if we don't need you, you're suspended" is the appropriate way to handle anything. It doesn't work with my kids, that's for sure.

Guess you missed my post in the other thread that shows a timeline proving your assertions incorrect....oh well...

196947[/snapback]

I saw it, but after this was posted.

Don't think you really proved anything, but if you'd like a nice consolation prize, I've got some AUsome buttons left over from the Terry Bowden days.

Like I said in the other thread, Kevin Sears' butt will be in AUburn when the team leaves. He will not dress out. He will not be on the sidelines. He will not be part of Tiger Walk. CTT will not have the ability to decide to overrule his suspension from the sidelines should injury or other cause necessitate his participation. He is missing out on EVERYTHING. The bammer kid was still a part of it all - especially since the odds of him playing were slim and none anyway - his game day experience was no different than any other Saturday.

Bingo! We have a winner!

Viva la Difference! ! ! :au:

With Closner out, bama's already suspect OL will be even weaker with little depth. LSU will blitz the heck out of them and Brodie will take some hits.

196048[/snapback]

I stated this thread a week ago. While the thread deteriorated into something else, my original post was right on. I hope we can pick up with Brodie where LSU left off.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Well, I said then and say now that Brodie was injured during the :ut: game, about halftime. According to one LSU poster, Brodie had to change his pants after the drilling he took in the third quarter.

As for Tommy Lee Jones, I hope we see him play this Saturday. :big:

Archived