Earl Alexander Commits

metafour

Yeah, I just saw that. I hate it. I really wanted Alexander as a WR . . . tall and fast.

Ah well, hope we pick up a couple of the prospects visiting this weekend. Especially, Bo Harris.

He was a Bama lean the whole time, but wavered a little after the Iron Bowl. But with Tebow going to UF, Bama could pitch the idea that he can get a shot at QB which was more than we would be able to offer him.

Then again...it's not a done deal til February!

I didn't know he was a lifelong Alabama fan.

As he played QB in high school, I am sure he was promised a shot at Alabama. I know he was recruited as an ATH/WR by Auburn. I doubt he will ever take a snap at Alabama, but you never know.

Borges and Whitt made an inhome visit to Alexander on Dec. 11 and told him he would be given a clear shot at QB.

I don't really understand the deal on this guy. He is highly rated (Rivals has him as a 4 star) yet he didn't even make honorable mention on the Alabama Sports Writer's All State Team. Strange. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

IF Alexander took the promise of a shot at QB seriously, then he must be lacking judgement. Bammer continues to pursue Mustain and others in an effort to secure the signature of a PURE QB with a national reputation. IMO Alexander would have been better off to have committed to AU as a receiver than a second tier QB at Bammer. KInda makes you wonder what goes through the prospects minds these days...... :lol::big:

Don't you remember that kids will crawl on their hands and knees just to sit the bench at Alabama? :poke:

207596[/snapback]

That's what brodie did at the Iron Bowl :bricks::roflol:

He will play receiver at UAT, just as Johns will play running back.

207842[/snapback]

Yeah I dont think he'll play QB at Bama. If he can catch a cold, he'll start next year at WR.

Johns may move to LB if we cant get a commit from any more of em.

207842[/snapback]

Yeah I dont think he'll play QB at Bama. If he can catch a cold, he'll start next year at WR.

207856[/snapback]

I read something recently that you guys are REAL THIN next year at linebaker, ant truth to it?

I thought I remembered you guys picking up a few last year, instate kid and one from CA?

207842[/snapback]

207856[/snapback]

I read something recently that you guys are REAL THIN next year at linebaker, ant truth to it?

I thought I remembered you guys picking up a few last year, instate kid and one from CA?

208977[/snapback]

They didn't qualify. :(

Guest Tigrinum Major

Some Bama fans are asking if Alexander or Johns could be to Bama what Vince Young is to Texas.

Silly rabbits.

Some Bama fans are asking if Alexander or Johns could be to Bama what Vince Young is to Texas. 

Silly rabbits.

208985[/snapback]

The week before the AU vs. ARK game, WJOX in B'ham had Tracy Rocker (ARK DL coach) on one morning. This was after the ARK vs. USC game. J. Barker actually asked Tracy how he thought Bama and USC would match up. What was so sad, was Jay was serious when he asked the question. Tracy was almost dumbfounded by the question, but to his credit, he said, "Alabama does not want to play USC!"

• 3 weeks later...
I read where he will visit Auburn this weekend regardless.

215006[/snapback]

Maybe he finally realized that all the QB talk was abunch of bull. Hopefully, he will look at Courtney Taylor and some of the other guys who have changed positions and been sucessful at AU and decide that its a FAR better situation on the Plains.

Remember, we have "THE CLOSER"

I read where he will visit Auburn this weekend regardless.

215006[/snapback]

Maybe he finally realized that all the QB talk was abunch of bull. Hopefully, he will look at Courtney Taylor and some of the other guys who have changed positions and been sucessful at AU and decide that its a FAR better situation on the Plains.

Remember, we have "THE CLOSER"

215099[/snapback]

Why would it be a bunch of bull? Shula has not past history of lying to recruits to get them in the door and then changing their position on them.

UAT is putting together a good QB class. BamaGrad, where do you rank AE in the QBs committed so far? How many stars would you give him as a QB prospect. I don't think Shula is lying but neither of us think Shula is looking to have this guy behind center come game time. If he IS your QB then in four years Tubby will have to use both hands to count the victories. We'll see him at WR either at UAT or AU. Who knows, Tubbs may have recruited Courtney as a QB hoping that he would be playing on game day as a WR.

Archived