Alabama's new Commit

metafour

I know this subject has been beaten to death by most Auburn fans, but it just came up again.

'Bama just got a committment from Javier Arenas, who you ask? A Florida 3A player who's only other offer came from instate powerhouse Florida Atlantic. Arenas was so highly touted that he didn't even have a Rivals profile until today, no picture, no stats, nothing. After committing to the Tide, Arenas earns a 3-star ranking as an ATH. Same ranking as Rose, Blanc, Roseman etc. The ridiculous part about this is that Rivals updated his profile AFTER the deadline for final evaluations. For comparison, last year we gave a scholly to Robert Dunn, the GA player of the year who had off-field problems which severely hurt his rankings...Dunn committed after the final update as well, yet he counted as a 0 star prospect on our list.

This doesn't really bother me too much, however it seems to be an issue for a lot of people. Think what you will of the supposed "Bama recruits are favored in ranking" theory, but it does seem kind of strange.

go to www.sunshinepreps.net and look at his video

214156[/snapback]

1) Who's he playing against?

2) Why have we heard NOTHING of this guy throughout this entire recruiting process, yet out of nowhere he just emerges as a 3-star prospect?

we just got Roseman and nobody had heard of him. Rivals had not even seen his video. Any top SEC school that signs anyone is probaly a legit 3 star. Just beacause they are a hidden talent dosent mean they are not any good.

we just got Roseman and nobody had heard of him.  Rivals had not even seen his video.    Any top SEC school that signs anyone is probaly a legit 3 star.  Just beacause they are a hidden talent dosent mean they are not any good.

214169[/snapback]

Sorry, but Roseman was not an unknown prospect before he committed to us. His rating was also changed BEFORE the final update.

I was told the reason SE wasn't going to get his third star (which he prolly def deserved) because it was past the deadline and no more stars will be added or taken away. Now all of a sudden this clown verbals to bama and gets THREE added on... <_<<_< something fishy is going on...and I personally don't mind...Its only funnier when bama is playing with a whole bunch of guys who weren't recruited by D-1 major schools let alone SEC schools. We'll all get to laugh because our recruits are legit 4 stars and their recruits are legit 2/3 stars..LOL joke is on them!

I was told the reason SE wasn't going to get his third star (which he prolly def deserved) because it was past the deadline and no more stars will be added or taken away. Now all of a sudden this clown verbals to bama and gets THREE added on... <_<   <_<   something fishy is going on...and I personally don't mind...Its only funnier when bama is playing with a whole bunch of guys who weren't recruited by D-1 major schools let alone SEC schools. We'll all get to laugh because our recruits are legit 4 stars and their recruits are legit 2/3 stars..LOL joke is on them!

214185[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

Scout's rating is out, they have Arenas as a 3-star CB and ranked as the 29th CB in the nation...about 20-something slots ahead of our lone DB committment, Etheridge.

Its only funnier when bama is playing with a whole bunch of guys who weren't recruited by D-1 major schools let alone SEC schools

You're kidding right? This is the ONLY guy committed that was like this. And for the last 3 years Shula has proven to find talented guys before the other big schools get in on them. I can name 10 easy who were nobodys to the scouts and rivals...and late in the year got these big time offers to go along with ours that had been there for a long time.

No, I'm not kidding. ready?

Tremayne Coger offer from..bama...only

Javier Areanas offer from FAU and bama

Andy Davis offer from bama only

Higgenbotham....bama only

Brian Motley..bama only

Nikita Stover (but that could be bacuase he's Juco)

Thats umm 6...this year...Rivals may have not listed all their offers...but not many guys have only one team listed.

Neil Caudle who has been committed since pretty much spring ball lists 5 dif colleges.

Our DB, Etheridge lists 5 offers.

(NOTE: this was a discussion on OFFERS not who was recruiting them. We were recruiting Sherman but we have yet to offer)

Your turn BG...i'd like to see you spin this one

LOL Did some more research...Air Force has less guys with only an Air Force offer than Bama has guys with only a Bama offer. AF 5- Bama 6...

Maybe its just that teams are scared of going up against the Tide's "tradition" that if they hear a recruit is interested in Bama they instantly back out. LOL have fun cause these next few years are going to be long ones for :ua:

:cheer::au::cheer:

I hope uat lands a whole bunch of "star" "players". It is fun to watch 'em laying on the JH TURF ! ! ! :D

Higgenbotham....bama only

Brian Motley..bama only

Nikita Stover (but that could be bacuase he's Juco)

Thats umm 6...this year...Rivals may have not listed all their offers...but not many guys have only one team listed.

Neil Caudle who has been committed since pretty much spring ball lists 5 dif colleges.

Our DB, Etheridge lists 5 offers.

(NOTE: this was a discussion on OFFERS not who was recruiting them. We were recruiting Sherman but we have yet to offer)

Your turn BG...i'd like to see you spin this one

214231[/snapback]

Caudle was one of the top players in the nation so its understood that he'd have an offer elsewhere. He also verballed 3 months after Andy Davis.

Andy Davis verballed in April of '05 and is the #24 safety in the nation. Auburn sports.com ranked him the #18 player in the state of alabama.

Charlie committed in May of '05

Motley committed in June of 05 and is ranked the 10th best center in the nation

Nikita Stover was juco. Coming out of high school he was ranked like 7th at WR in the nation and had offers from everybody. He sat out his second year at juco so he could play 3 for bama and everybody knew that.

The three guys you mentioned all verballed really really early. And none have 'shopped around'...so they havent entertained any other offers. As soon as they got that bama offer they jumped all over it. Especially Davis and Higg. Those guys grew up bama fans so no need to shop around for more offers. Motley is the #10 center in the nation and would have a bunch more listed had he not verballed so early or shopped around any.

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. All I know is that this AU class is amazing right now and only fixing to get better. While the :ua: is starting to get commits from guys like Arenas.

We'll just see what happens in the head to head battles...Stevens (set to announcce Friday i think), Peanut (signing day?)..who am I misssing thats mainly an AU/UA battle? I think thats it.

Guest Tigrinum Major
We'll just see what happens in the head to head battles...Stevens (set to announcce Friday i think), Peanut (signing day?)..who am I misssing thats mainly an AU/UA battle? I think thats it.

214261[/snapback]

Hawthorne.

Ill tell you right now Hawthorne isnt coming to bama. Id say its a head to head between AU and UGA. He's never really been interested in us.

Peanut: i think we still have a good shot with him

Andre: Good shot with him too

Stevens: I heard he was AU bound, but we will see

Id say we won the head to head with Earl Alexander, Labronski Hutchins, Mike McCoy, Taylor Pharr, and David Ross

While AU beat us on Bart Eddins and Jemarcus Ricks...even though Bart was a no brainer for AU, we still offered so ill consider it head to head.

Fair enough on the McCoy and David Ross....and I don't really think you can count as really "recruiting" smith...Sure we offered but why wouldn't you offer an instate 5star.....Kinda suprising that there haven't been more instate battles...or even any out of state battles between Auburn and Alabama (besides Stevens ofc)

While AU "beat" US?

This is a matter of a young man deciding on his future and where he will get his education AND play Football. I have never and will never consider it a "game" or a "war" to be won or lost.

Some folks just take this stuff far too serios. (The tread on threats to the Hawthorne family prove this theory to be 100% correct.) B)

Fair enough on the McCoy and David Ross....and I don't really think you can count as really "recruiting" smith...Sure we offered but why wouldn't you offer an instate 5star.....Kinda suprising that there haven't been more instate battles...or even any out of state battles between Auburn and Alabama (besides Stevens ofc)

214324[/snapback]

Well CTT has always been big on going out of state. Especially GA. And shula has really picked up recruiting in MS and FL...so its kind of tamed the instate battles lately.

Actually Andy Davis was offered by LSU, USC, AU, Clemson, TN, and AL...that I know for a fact....

So just because it's not listed on the site doesn't mean anything...if it's known early enough it's not mentioned...

214324[/snapback]

Well CTT has always been big on going out of state. Especially GA. And shula has really picked up recruiting in MS and FL...so its kind of tamed the instate battles lately.

"Tamed"? Oh, you mean AUBURN has done REALLY well in state lately. ;)

I wouldn't pay to much attention to those sites. Few years ago someone did a article on them and they made up a player. The fake player ended up being a 5 star recruit on rivals or the other and they had him down to scheduled visits at Michigan and Nebraska I think. This was following another story were a guys dad figured out how to spice highlight films together and got his kid ranked as a 5 star recruit and the guy never once started for his HS.

Archived